• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hypothetical Question..........

Hey all, I was the person who PMed Slickrick.

I know a couple guys who have been around here for a while Chrisg67 and theiglu are friends of mine and Gus310 is my brother. I signed up here and took the safety class last year but with a newborn baby at home I just never got around to putting in my application. It is finally time and I was trying to do a little research before I embarked on the process.

After I searched around for a while here and out on the web I was talking to them about the process and about fitchburg specifically it was recommended to me that I search the forum for people who have gone through the process in my town and shoot them a message to see if I could get any advice or even more information about the process. Sorry, wasn't trying to be creepy.

BTW rick, what are you wearing right now? [rofl]

More importantly, what is he's a fat sweaty man and you find this hot? [smile]

winning.

fitchburg sucks, i have heard their licensing has gotten bad again. you'll probably have to wait for an appointment, then apply, then wait for the license which will most likely end up restricted. i don't know whether you've been following it or not but they are on the hunt for a new CLEO and almost just put a former ATF agent in there.

senator jen flanagan has been helpful in the past with fitchburg dragging their feet with this shit, and you can also contact GOAL and comm2a for advice.

OP got pwn3d.

Last edited:
winning.

fitchburg sucks, i have heard their licensing has gotten bad again. you'll probably have to wait for an appointment, then apply, then wait for the license which will most likely end up restricted. i don't know whether you've been following it or not but they are on the hunt for a new CLEO and almost just put a former ATF agent in there.

senator jen flanagan has been helpful in the past with fitchburg dragging their feet with this shit, and you can also contact GOAL and comm2a for advice.

OP got pwn3d.

I have been following along with the hunt for a new chief, I am hoping I can benefit from the change up and get this done quickly and without hassle.

I have heard all about people taking months to get a call back and then interviews being scheduled way later, followed by restrictions being issued. I actually was able to get my appointment quickly and my interview was also scheduled only a week out. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

brother indeed, fat and sweaty indeed. troll or AG spy, not so much.

This is a glowing recommendation, I shall use this on my resume from now on. [laugh]

Well, whatever you do, APPLY NOW because DeMoura, on paper, is NO LONGER the chief.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20140402/NEWS/304029784/1116/mobile&TEMPLATE=MOBILE

I would bet nearly anything your odds of getting an unrestricted under Kearns (the acting chief, a guy who has been there forever) are far greater than they were in the recent past. At least if there are issues you have a better chance of success now that DeMoura is out.

-Mike

I'd be happy to help (given I had the time and energy to respond), but I would respond generically. I wouldn't provide info about my personal license or experience, but I'd be happy to share my knowledge about my particular town's general policies.

I'd also point them to the town's website where most of that info should be posted anyway.

Hey all, I was the person who PMed Slickrick.

I know a couple guys who have been around here for a while Chrisg67 and theiglu are friends of mine and Gus310 is my brother. I signed up here and took the safety class last year but with a newborn baby at home I just never got around to putting in my application. It is finally time and I was trying to do a little research before I embarked on the process.

After I searched around for a while here and out on the web I was talking to them about the process and about fitchburg specifically it was recommended to me that I search the forum for people who have gone through the process in my town and shoot them a message to see if I could get any advice or even more information about the process. Sorry, wasn't trying to be creepy.

BTW rick, what are you wearing right now? [rofl]

Welcome to NES.

Im a little leary about almost anything, lol. I openly admit to being paranoid as f*ck on any given day.

...but lately there seems to be a bunch of questions being asked by new people with almost no posts. ("well no sh*t," you say, "new people are bound to have no posts." I know. I know...) I was once a new guy with no posts also, but it sets off red flags for me when new people start asking questions about shipping ammo to MA, buying a gun at a gun show, etc. There was a guy not too long ago who kept asking about buying a gun at a show and kept saying something to the effect of " Is it a way to circumvent the law?" or something like that. Seemed fishy to me, but just about everything does, what can I say?

I dont even like the "what do you look like?/what do you drive?/where do you live? threads. Im tempted to say theyre a goldmine, but I guess "They" already know those things already.

Well, whatever you do, APPLY NOW because DeMoura, on paper, is NO LONGER the chief.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20140402/NEWS/304029784/1116/mobile&TEMPLATE=MOBILE

I would bet nearly anything your odds of getting an unrestricted under Kearns (the acting chief, a guy who has been there forever) are far greater than they were in the recent past. At least if there are issues you have a better chance of success now that DeMoura is out.

-Mike

Thats what Im hoping!

Yes, welcome Heath!
Ask as many questions as you need.
Well. Not these...
~Ar or AK?
~9mm or .40?
~Can a 9mm kill a bear?
~What website will sell me ammo cheap?
~What is the best (insert AR/AK/Glock) I can buy?
~Are these pre-ban magazines?

Matt

Yes, welcome Heath!
Ask as many questions as you need.
Well. Not these...
~Ar or AK?
~9mm or .40?
~Can a 9mm kill a bear?
~What website will sell me ammo cheap?
~What is the best (insert AR/AK/Glock) I can buy?
~Are these pre-ban magazines?

Matt

I bought him an lpk for his first fathers day, so hell likely 'ar' first.

I reload 9mm, and will be sure to teach him to avoid teh fotay.

Next time he comes to the range with me, I'll teach h the ways of killing an angry charging mama bear with 9mm. Can't have him noobing too long, that would be unsafe.

I've got a couple sites I'll make sure he tells no one about.

Were Canadian, which is almost Jewish, so if we can build it cheaper, than it must be better:)

Who needs preban when you can own 100 10 rounders;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'm a low post lurker. I don't have much to say but I enjoy reading the forums. I'm often tempted to post. I'm in the long wait for my town to give me my LTC so I can understand why someone would start asking questions. It's making me nuts now that I've hit 40 days (only another 50+ to go!).

(should point out that I've actually been lurking for several years but switched usernames recently)

Answer him... But don't answer the questions.. Make stuff up.. A year long process where you had to go on a camp out with your CoP and 3 of his guys and take on at LEAST 2 bears in hand to hand combat and you still needed up with a sporttargetbear restriction.. It was created just for you so when you encounter a bear while target or sport shooting you can then carry.. And only then..

Waste their time!

Hold on, what's this make something up crap, are you telling me you did not have to take on 2 bears in hand to hand combat for your LTC? Boy your town must be more lenient

I've been on both sides of this (except I probably had a few posts) and I appreciated the info I got so I returned the favor when the next guy asked me. Pay it forward.

ETA: This was for Beverly in case there's any future gun owners out there with questions. You pretty much just have to show up and not be a felon.

Just wanted to post up to mention that I got my ltc in record time from Fitchburg, no restrictions!

I went out shooting with Rick tonight and he insisted on letting me shoot all his guns and use all his ammo. Thanks Rick, I really enjoyed myself! Now I just need to go find a Ruger gp100...hmmm....

tell him no have no idea what he is talking about and you buy your guns and ammo from a guy in van down by the river.

Last edited:
Just wanted to post up to mention that I got my ltc in record time from Fitchburg, no restrictions!

I went out shooting with Rick tonight and he insisted on letting me shoot all his guns and use all his ammo. Thanks Rick, I really enjoyed myself! Now I just need to go find a Ruger gp100...hmmm....

Im on the lookout for one myself. One was listed for sale here yesterday and was SPF in like 15 minutes.

Congratulations. And don't mind the hazing we are a skeptical bunch!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

WELCOME TO NES!

I am running a special offer for you since you're new and green. I have a S&W Sigma 40ve I will part with and sell to you dirt cheap. This gun is a marvel of engineering and is the perfect gun for novice and veterans alike! Some say this is S&W Magnum Opus piece.

$750 FIRM. Will throw in 20 rds of Tula and a Uncle Mike's IWB holster to sweeten the deal.

[wink]

Last edited:
WELCOME TO NES!

I am running a special offer for you since you're new and green. I have a S&W Sigma 40ve I will part with and sell to you dirt cheap. This gun is a marvel of engineering and is the perfect gun for novice and veterans alike! Some say this is S&W Magnum Opus piece.

$750 FIRM. Will throw in 20 rds of Tula and a Uncle Mike's IWB holster to sweeten the deal.

[wink]

You had me at Tula.

I understand where the OP is coming from but when I first applied for my LTC I contacted a member in town and asked him how the process was and if they usually issues no restrictions. I found this member from the rights in your town thread. At that point I dont believe that I had many posts. Thanks to that member I know that I just had to put down ALP for reason of issuance and be good to go.

So people are just looking for a heads up as what to expect.

Why not ask him to ask his questions in the open forum?

There's even a thread here someplace about getting an LTC in Fitchburg.

^^^This. I'm a member and don't contribute very frequently but I read the forum when I can. I'd move the question to the forum in case there are others who could benefit from the information as well.

Back
Top Bottom