• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hypothetical Question..........

Okay, so you receive a private message from a registered member (non-green) that has been a member for over a year now with 0 posts. In the message he asks you specific questions about your LTC application process pertaining to your particular town. Questions like do you have Class A, do you have "no restrictions", if so what did you have to do to get that. How long did it take...........ect.

We have all probably wondered these questions ourselves at one time or another so do you just willingly answer or do you hesitate and feel a little leery about the whole thing?

Hypothetically speaking..............of course.[thinking]

Answer him... But don't answer the questions.. Make stuff up.. A year long process where you had to go on a camp out with your CoP and 3 of his guys and take on at LEAST 2 bears in hand to hand combat and you still needed up with a sporttargetbear restriction.. It was created just for you so when you encounter a bear while target or sport shooting you can then carry.. And only then..

Waste their time!

I would reply to a post that asked about the process in my town but I am not sure I would answer in the situation you described.

Okay, so you receive a private message from a registered member (non-green) that has been a member for over a year now with 0 posts. In the message he asks you specific questions about your LTC application process pertaining to your particular town. Questions like do you have Class A, do you have "no restrictions", if so what did you have to do to get that. How long did it take...........ect.

We have all probably wondered these questions ourselves at one time or another so do you just willingly answer or do you hesitate and feel a little leery about the whole thing?

Hypothetically speaking..............of course.[thinking]

the guy is probably trying to get the real scoop on fitchburg. it's gone red, then green, now going red again. he probably has no idea.

that or mayor wong is stalking you.

stalking is just wong. there's the right way, then the wong way.

Me, I would answer his questions. He's a newbie and newbies need help and guidance from veteran gun owners. Build and support the sport.

Besides, Martha has access to your info if she wants it.

Don't let fear rule your life. Prudence Yes. Fear no.
~Matt

LOL I can't believe I'm saying this but... "if you've got nothing to hide" you can answer freely. If you'd prefer (or need) to keep something to yourself, govern yourself accordingly.

the guy is probably trying to get the real scoop on fitchburg. it's gone red, then green, now going red again. he probably has no idea.

I think Atilia has it right. When you're new to all the BS associated with getting a LTC in a red (possibly red town), you're probably going to be unsure, just like the powerful people like it.

That said, I wouldn't answer any questions I wasn't comfortable answering.

"Here in <insert reddest-of-red-towns here> it's pretty much understood that a preachers handshake is needed to get your ticket. Don't be afraid to offer the CLEO a few hundies."

[troll][devil][devil2][pot]

I KID, I KID. I am a kidder.

I had something similar with someone replying to my wtb ad. He only had a few posts and they were all in the buy/sell forum. If they don't want to contribute to the group then I didn't want to do business with them.

I would respond something like this..... just to **** with the guy....

"The process in town is pretty intricate. First you must call the FPD and then go for an initial interview. Then you are told that you must perform a special dance routine for the mayor, and a particular costume must be worn. You will be given a number to call to make an appointment to meet up with a seamstress to be fitted for this costume, and you must pay for it when fitted. Depending on what costume they want you to wear, it costs between $50 and $150 dollars. You will not be allowed to know what the costume is until you get to that point; the only guarantee I can tell you is that it will probably be embarrassing. I was issued a very frilly purple dress. At least it looked nice. A buddy of mine lucked out and just ended up with a nazi uniform. I have no idea how they cast these things.

Then you are given a rehearsal time with other applicants. You cannot miss this time, otherwise you will have to do it all over again, and pay for another costume! When I got there there was a quite obviously jewish woman who was dressed like Hitler. Needless to say, she was pissed.

We had to perform a rendition of this. It was significantly modified from the original. I told them I couldn't sing so they just made me dance around on the stage.

You will spend all day rehearsing it and then be given a performance date. This will take place in front of Wong and one of her aides. Anyone who "lacks enthusiasm" is rejected and will have to apply all over again

Then, if the performance is to her specification, you will then immediately proceed to the PD in costume, and pics/fingerprint/etc and all that crap gets done. The licensing officer was at least kind enough to let me take off my tiara that I was forced to wear, so it didn't show up in the picture.

Also note that they don't care if you're new or a renewal, you will still have to perform.

The only consolation is that if you move into town with an unrestricted, it will stay that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
lack of posts does not always mean sketchy, my BF is on here (he's green now) and he very rarely posts. like once a month is a lot for him, he's mostly on here to buy. he was not green until he made his first purchase from a member who gave him a discount ONLY if he went green.

but no posts at all and asking via private message is a little weird. maybe they saw how sometimes we are a bit unforgiving and hoped that a private message would be less likely to get people jumping down their throats?

lack of posts does not always mean sketchy, my BF is on here (he's green now) and he very rarely posts. like once a month is a lot for him, he's mostly on here to buy. he was not green until he made his first purchase from a member who gave him a discount ONLY if he went green.

but no posts at all and asking via private message is a little weird. maybe they saw how sometimes we are a bit unforgiving and hoped that a private message would be less likely to get people jumping down their throats?
whoah us unforgiving? I would use the term relentless/brutal before unforgiving

Why not ask him to ask his questions in the open forum?

There's even a thread here someplace about getting an LTC in Fitchburg.

I lurked for awhile before I first posted, reading about the processes and whatnot, he is probably looking for some more info, no need to panic

what question did he ask that was a loaded one that anything bad could possibly come from?
maybe I missed it

Keep in mind that we a all started somewhere. If you don't feel comfortable, don't respond. Let's not pretend that there's some special test to get a green membership. Plenty of Martha spies can be green by paying their $21 too.

Don't yank the guy's chain needlessly (as funny as DrGrant's post is).

Who could blame you for being a bit suspicious? I would generalize ("It's been a long time since I applied but from what I hear") to avoid being quoted by someone (like a journalist) in a slanted expose on evil guns. But then maybe I'm just being paranoid. [tinfoil]

Back
Top Bottom