• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hypothetical of course: You ever forget your wallet?

PaulR

NES Member
But remember your gun?

This is the first time in two years this hypothetically almost happened to me. I was going in to work for a few hours to finish some things.

I have 'hypothetically' forgotten my wallet (w/ LTC), forgotten my hunting license (when hunting), forgotten the locked case but had the rifle (and keys to the lock when I remembered the case). This, and more, has happened on multiple occasions.

Let's see, is there anything I have forgotten...

I forgot my wallet today, and once last week.

Both times I needed my debit card for something. Good thing I was only an hour away from my house. [thinking]

Hypothetically speaking, yes... now, does anyone know what would/could happen to you in that case if say you were found to be carrying for some reason but forgot your LTC?

Quiz time...

How many of you would have turned around and go home if you had forgotten your wallet?

How many of you would have turned around and go home if you had forgotten your gun?

Within an acceptable distance/time.

If you had forgotten both... just go home. You're hungover or drunk.

HA!... I was just talking about this the other day. Wife was saying how it's "amazing" that I have, at various times, forgotten where I've parked, forgotten which car I'm driving and spent 20 minutes in a lot searching.. (for the wrong car!)..
I've forgotten my wallet (numerous times), my keys, my work schedule (it varies and I forget where I'm supposed to report sometimes!)... I've forgotten our anniversary, forgotten the year we were married, forgotten that she told me she has an appointment somewhere and will need a ride...
I've forgotten to stop at the market for ______, (fill in the blank) even though she asked me twice...
I've forgotten to pick up both daughters at their respective friends homes... once hopped on Rte 93 in downtown Boston after working late one Friday nite and drove halfway to Dracut (back when traffic was a mess in the evening, when they were doing the bridge replacement project) and, somewhere around Andover, realized "DAMMIT!!!", that I'd forgotten to pick my 10 year old up at her friend's house in Medford - as I'd promised to do! ... (that was tough, explaining it to BOTH my wife and daughter! :mad:)...
Also once forgot the tickets to the Sox game, remembering only as we were on Yawkey Way a half hour prior to the first pitch...(And so on, and so on, and....)

But, as she's so OFTEN told literally everyone who knows that I'm a gun owner, when telling them how absent minded I can be, "But he never forgets his friggin' GUN though!"

:D

Last edited:
HA!... I was just talking about this the other day. Wife was saying how it's "amazing" that I have at various times forgotten where I've parked forgotten which car I'm driving and spent 20 minutes in a lot searching.. (for the wrong car!)..
I've forgotten my wallet (numerous times), my keys, my work schedule (it varies and I forget where I'm supposed to report sometimes!)... I've forgotten our anniversary, the year we were married, forgotten that she told me she has an appointment somewhere, forgotten to stop at the market for ______, (fill in the blank) even though she asked me twice...
I've forgotten to pick up both daughters at their respective friends homes... once hopped on Rte 93 in downtown Boston after working late one Friday nite and drove halfway to Dracut (back when traffic was a mess in the evening, when they were doing the bridge replacement project) and, somewhere around Andover, realized "DAMMIT!!!", that I'd forgotten to pick my daughter up at her friend's house in Medford as I'd promised... (that was tough explaining it to BOTH my wife and daughter! :mad:)...
Also once forgot the tickets to the Sox game, remembering only as we were on Yawkey Way a half hour prior to the first pitch...(And so on, and so on, and....)

But, as she's so OFTEN told literally everyone who knows that I'm a gun owner, when telling them how absent minded I can be, "But he never forgets his friggin' GUN though!"

Alzheimers is a bitch huh.

HA!... I was just talking about this the other day. Wife was saying how it's "amazing" that I have, at various times, forgotten where I've parked, forgotten which car I'm driving and spent 20 minutes in a lot searching.. (for the wrong car!)..
I've forgotten my wallet (numerous times), my keys, my work schedule (it varies and I forget where I'm supposed to report sometimes!)... I've forgotten our anniversary, forgotten the year we were married, forgotten that she told me she has an appointment somewhere and will need a ride...
I've forgotten to stop at the market for ______, (fill in the blank) even though she asked me twice...
I've forgotten to pick up both daughters at their respective friends homes... once hopped on Rte 93 in downtown Boston after working late one Friday nite and drove halfway to Dracut (back when traffic was a mess in the evening, when they were doing the bridge replacement project) and, somewhere around Andover, realized "DAMMIT!!!", that I'd forgotten to pick my 10 year old up at her friend's house in Medford - as I'd promised to do! ... (that was tough, explaining it to BOTH my wife and daughter! :mad:)...

Well, at least you got your priorities straight anyway![laugh]

ROTFL... this may have happened to a 'freind' today. Drove over to the tux store to get fitted, reached for my.. i mean his.. wallet and could see it in his mind sitting on the kitchen table... still was carrying though. luckily it was only a 10 min ride home to find it. Dont worry it was only a .380 though so it doesnt really count right?

ROTFL... this may have happened to a 'freind' today. Drove over to the tux store to get fitted, reached for my.. i mean his.. wallet and could see it in his mind sitting on the kitchen table... still was carrying though. luckily it was only a 10 min ride home to find it. Dont worry it was only a .380 though so it doesnt really count right?

.380 doesnt tickle last i checked. do you wanna volunteer to find out? [laugh]

Two or three times. But I just go about my biz as usual. I've only be stopped 3 times in 44 years so odds are in my favor. If I'm close to home, I'll go back to get it. (gun or permit or both or either).

I used to work with someone whose sister was married to a guy who was not a bad guy, just a real dipshit. They go to the mall one day, she goes her way, he goes his. When he's done doing what he's doing, he goes back to the truck...and leaves. [rofl] Just goes home. She calls him later saying, "where the f**k are you?" He forgot his wife at the mall, lol.

that is why I do a three pat before I leave my house . one pat to check for wallet one pat to check for keys and one pat for check of phone soon it will be 4 once I dedide on what i want to carry

that is why I do a three pat before I leave my house . one pat to check for wallet one pat to check for keys and one pat for check of phone soon it will be 4 once I dedide on what i want to carry

I do the same, kinda looks like the Macarena.

Four here, gun, wallet, knife, light, in that order, right, left, right, left. Ain't going anywhere without the keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QU OTE=dgrafton;3827535]Four here, gun, wallet, knife, light, in that order, right, left, right, left. Ain't going anywhere without the keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Yup

I'm always doing the pocket pat. Wallet, pistol, phone, keys. When I get dressed. Before I get in the car. When I get out of the car. When I'm walking in public. Constantly.

Quiz time...

How many of you would have turned around and go home if you had forgotten your wallet?

How many of you would have turned around and go home if you had forgotten your gun?

Within an acceptable distance/time.

If you had forgotten both... just go home. You're hungover or drunk.

BS. I always remember my gun when I am drunk.

Back
Top Bottom