• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hypothetical of course: You ever forget your wallet?

That pretty much covers it. There is however a different MGL that lists the penalties for carrying without a license that goes on to say (paraphrasing) "Penalty shall not be imposed if the only reason the person is carrying without a license issued under, blah, is because the license is not physically on their person."

I have been trying to find it and ran across this in 269/10
(c) Whoever, except as provided by law, possesses a machine gun, as defined in section one hundred and twenty-one of chapter one hundred and forty, without permission under section one hundred and thirty-one of said chapter one hundred and forty; or whoever owns, possesses or carries on his person, or carries on his person or under his control in a vehicle, a sawed-off shotgun, as defined in said section one hundred and twenty-one of said chapter one hundred and forty, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for life, or for any term of years provided that any sentence imposed under the provisions of this paragraph shall be subject to the minimum requirements of paragraph (a)

It is nice to know that MA will routinely let rapists and child molesters off with a slap on the wrist, but having a shotty w/ a barrel under 18.5 in can land you in prison FOR LIFE! Priorities... [rolleyes]

Bwaahahaha. Better make sure that MG license is valid. [shocked]

("that is why I do a three pat before I leave my house . one pat to check for wallet one pat to check for keys and one pat for check of phone soon it will be 4 once I decide on what i want to carry)

Glock 26. The perfect carry. And not much heavier than some of the new smartphones with the extended life battery :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom