• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunting Classes

The only hunters Ed classes I have been able to find online are the Mass.gov ones that are several days long, way to far away from my house and start while I am still at work. I live in Framingham MA were could I get a hunter ed class thats not so far away, don't care if I have to pay for it.

Not sure about the NH ones, but even the "online" Mass Hunter Ed courses have a classroom component.

The courses are not like an LTC course, which is run by the individual instructor, but is run by MassWildlife, and the instructors are all volunteers. And, since most of them are hunters, now, they're out hunting. It's actuallt a .gov service, not a "business".

In the spring, there will be a new batch of classes. I know that there will be one at Southborough Rod & Gun Club www.srgclub.com ( that's where I took it last spring, and despite knowing the instructors, I learend stuff! [laugh] ). Don't contact the club or other host facility, MassWildlife does the sign-up and scheduling.

Your best bet is to go to the MassWildlife website, and see what's listed, or call....ALL of the classes fill up fast, and earlier is better than later for signup.

They don't have many scheduled right now....and the ones that are full. Usually in the spring they will start adding a bunch in different places. Keep watching the website. Even if a course is marked full...get on the waiting list, many times there is room because others don't show.

Back
Top Bottom