• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How to buy a Glock 17

oh dude. I sold one yesterday. Seriously.
Gen 4 G17, aftermarket night sights, extended mag release, extended slide release
Maybe 50 rounds through it.
It was one I won at a Glock match, set it up as a backup gun for Production division, but never fired it after setting it up.

Sold it for 550 cash. No paperwork. Took a picture of his weapons permit.
GA? That sounds like "Deliverance" prices (synonym for you-know-what).
OK here is my obligatory Glock speech
Glocks are legal in MA

Dealers are not supposed to sell you a new one

There are creative ways to get one, that involves buying it in pieces, then filing a eFA-10 within 7 days of it being able to fire a shot.

There is the used at gun shop market

then there are private party sales that you will find here on NES.

Do not pay stupid money for a $600 dollar gun.

I like Glocks, in NH used there isn't a used one in a FTF sale that has sold for more than MSRP if still in stock configuration

Tons of them in the 475 dollar range... Gen3 Glocks that are really nice guns

There is no reason to pay stupid money for a polymer pistol, as I said great guns at MSRP or less, more than MSRP there are much better guns out there for the money.

G17? What are you using it for?

The G17 is a brick, and if you are using crippled magazines ( we'll have the discussion about buying over priced 30 year old magazines that the plastic is turning to crap later) then you are carrying a lot more weight than you have to for an incremental increase in grip area and sight radius

Anything in the Sig P365 line is going to be dollar for dollar a better buy IMHO in MA unless you find someone selling for what they are going for in a "free state" like NH, FL, etc.
Lots for $400 in NH - when there isn't a panic going on. A bit more with accessories, extra mags, etc. but not much.
Have you tried being taller? ;)

I carry (AIWB)a G45, and could equally carry the G17. It's not that bad, if you're proportioned for it.
Is that proportioned to be skinny and AIWB, or fat, with padding, to protect against the bumps? Asking for a friend.
Hunh. I thought you were older than that!

I knew a gal that went to NU in the late 80s. She was into guns, explosives and fast cars. She claimed her commute from Metroworst to Boston was like 10 minutes at 120mph. Not entirely sure I believed her, but I'll bet she tried.
Mmmm! Should have married a gal like that!

Last edited:
Is that proportioned to be skinny and AIWB, or fat, with padding, to protect against the bumps? Asking for a friend.
Colion Noir says AIWB is for skinny people. John Lovell introduced me to the 300th parallel. I won't claim to be qualified to make statements for others. If it works for your body, it's great; if it doesn't, I hear it's less so. It happens to work for mine. (And I'm still told to eat a sandwich)

Nothing gay about that plan, as long as there's a bloody Mary or two involved I'd be in.
I mean, it might be gay. But I'm (almost notoriously) okay with that. He also may have missed our sidebar chat in the thread about the Mill article, so that's okay.

That's not me saying no to Bloody Maries...

The other day Biden stated that trucks pull up in the inner city and park and sell AR's everyday right out of the truck. If you find one of these trucks I'm sure they'd have a few slightly used Glocks for sale. :cool:
I’d love to be able to drive around the neighborhood with ice cream truck music playing and hand out AR15s like bomb pops. My AR15s bring all the boys to the yard.

Nothing gay about that plan, as long as there's a bloody Mary or two involved I'd be in.
i didn't call the plan gay, lol. i wouldn't insult gays by linking them to meeting up with middle aged strangers to roll out yoga mats, eat $18 eggs, and go buy a $900 glock that's missing 8 rounds in its mag

I mean, it might be gay. But I'm (almost notoriously) okay with that. He also may have missed our sidebar chat in the thread about the Mill article, so that's okay.

That's not me saying no to Bloody Maries...
what's going on with the mill?

i didn't call the plan gay, lol. i wouldn't insult gays by linking them to meeting up with middle aged strangers to roll out yoga mats, eat $18 eggs, and go buy a $900 glock that's missing 8 rounds in its mag

what's going on with the mill?
I mean, there's that whole Globe article followed by sale of the property, tripling of rent for many tenants and eventual demolition thing. Other than that? Just another Sunday.

I mean, there's that whole Globe article followed by sale of the property, tripling of rent for many tenants and eventual demolition thing. Other than that? Just another Sunday.
I minimize the amount of time that I spend in MA and I don't read commie propaganda rags, so I honestly hadn't heard of it.

Not sure if serious. There are literally no hoops, you just go buy one. Unless "buying from somewhere other than 4 seasons" became a hoop. 🤣

WRT cost.... really? Most of the common polymer framed guns are within a few hundo of each other. Unless someone is trapped in hard poverty a couple hundo price swing shouldn't matter, someone should buy whatever works best for them. Nulling out a glock (or other brand) from consideration because skinflinting is just retarded on, god knows how many levels.
Or just go green and plenty of good sellers will reach out. Gen 5 g17 for $450. G44 for $380.

I minimize the amount of time that I spend in MA and I don't read commie propaganda rags, so I honestly hadn't heard of it.
Even if you don't read any of that s*** they were entire threads here about it probably still alive somewhere. Also to add a pile of s*** to the turd cake.. the town of Littleton also has its new shit zoning bylaw for gun shops.... basically it more or less makes establishing a new FFL in Littleton nearly impossible.

Even if you don't read any of that s*** they were entire threads here about it probably still alive somewhere. Also to add a pile of s*** to the turd cake.. the town of Littleton also has its new shit zoning bylaw for gun shops.... basically it more or less makes establishing a new FFL in Littleton nearly impossible.
I remember seeing the post titles, but I didn't read any of them as they were about a gun shop in a town I'll never visit.

Whenever someone asks if they can buy a Glock, I tell them "Don't". Better things have come out. Heck, even Turks make better guns now. Go buy Canik @ 1st round or something...

Whenever someone asks if they can buy a Glock, I tell them "Don't". Better things have come out. Heck, even Turks make better guns now. Go buy Canik @ 1st round or something...
What is better about Canik than Glocks?

Not trying to start an argument, serious question to learn.

Back
Top Bottom