How to buy a Glock 17

You can buy one right here in the classifieds from a helpful member who in the spirit of membership and fraternity will only charge you double the going rate.
Some other kind and considerate colleagues here will be nice enough to offer you a 17 round magazine for the special friends and family price of only $200.00
So fear not. Your NES buddies are here to help!

Did you find a 17? Looking for pre ban mags?
Before you say anything further and get yourself in trouble, you might consider reading this thread:

Go to store buy glock...buy 500 dollars to poorly install in glock

Realize you hate gucci glock

Post here for 2x what you paid... repeat

Buy something else. M&P, Sig, H&K, whatever. Not that I am bashing Glocks, I used to hate them but now, living where I can get a new one with standard cap mags, I like my G19 gen 5, in fact it's my EDC, but what a hassle in MA. Just not worth it when other guns do the same job with less hoops involved and for less money.

Just cruz through Dorchester in a slammed Civic with a fart cannon exhaust and a 18" trunk wing waving some cash and you will easily find a clean used glock, probably already be giggleswitched as a bonus .

In 1982 I had zero worries other than scraping up the roughly $900/year for college tuition.
1686945006375.png

All of Gen Y and beyond:
Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

View attachment 764329

All of Gen Y and beyond:
Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

I thought tuition was considerably more than $3k a year? CRIPES, what are the kids freaking out about? That's chump change (compared to the hundred grand or more they're "claiming" to owe on their Masters in Baristology.

Mine was a little over $3K per course...

More recently than mine, I presume?

I remembered the figure as "around" $2k a year, but of course fees and books added some. I remember it not being some astronomically huge amount (I went to WSC, so not like it was Yale or anything).

I did do a quick google search and it said tuition then was in the neighborhood of $1k a year.

More recently than mine, I presume?

I remembered the figure as "around" $2k a year, but of course fees and books added some. I remember it not being some astronomically huge amount (I went to WSC, so not like it was Yale or anything).

I did do a quick google search and it said tuition then was in the neighborhood of $1k a year.
I was born in '83...so, a little later. Northeastern is neither an Ivy, nor a state school; in '02-'07 we were paying $40-$50K/year.

I was born in '83...so, a little later. Northeastern is neither an Ivy, nor a state school; in '02-'07 we were paying $40-$50K/year.
If you want to get sick . . .

I also attended NU and in 1965 the tuition for engineering students was $1100/year and for other majors it was $900/year. I don't recall what it was when I graduated.

Buy something else. M&P, Sig, H&K, whatever. Not that I am bashing Glocks, I used to hate them but now, living where I can get a new one with standard cap mags, I like my G19 gen 5, in fact it's my EDC, but what a hassle in MA. Just not worth it when other guns do the same job with less hoops involved and for less money.
Not sure if serious. There are literally no hoops, you just go buy one. Unless "buying from somewhere other than 4 seasons" became a hoop. 🤣

WRT cost.... really? Most of the common polymer framed guns are within a few hundo of each other. Unless someone is trapped in hard poverty a couple hundo price swing shouldn't matter, someone should buy whatever works best for them. Nulling out a glock (or other brand) from consideration because skinflinting is just retarded on, god knows how many levels.

If you want to get sick . . .

I also attended NU and in 1965 the tuition for engineering students was $1100/year and for other majors it was $900/year. I don't recall what it was when I graduated.

Hunh. I thought you were older than that!

I knew a gal that went to NU in the late 80s. She was into guns, explosives and fast cars. She claimed her commute from Metroworst to Boston was like 10 minutes at 120mph. Not entirely sure I believed her, but I'll bet she tried.

I knew a gal that went to NU in the late 80s. She was into guns, explosives and fast cars. She claimed her commute from Metroworst to Boston was like 10 minutes at 120mph. Not entirely sure I believed her, but I'll bet she tried.
Wiseguy!

One of our NU radio station guys made it back from his Parents home in NY to NU in about 90 minutes with ice cream that we all enjoyed and it wasn't soupy! He always drived his BMW like a maniac!

@VetteGirlMA - your aunt, maybe?

I mean all the elements are there, explosions, fast cars, guns. It's like a female version of last action hero.
We once built a, I'll just call it a firework, for the 4th of July. The Statue of Libations has long since passed, btw. A few pounds of BP, some flash powder, some flour...

It worked amazingly well. So I hear.

You don’t want a Glock. The all-knowing MA bureaucrats, based on much research and due diligence, have deemed the Glock far too dangerous for civilians. Only in the hands of trained professionals and the most talented marksmen in law enforcement, is the Glock safe to use. You’re better off with something like a Taurus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom