How old were you when you got your LTC?

Got my "for life" FID card back around 1972. Let it expire. Just got my LTC-A unrestricted Jan 2012 at age 58. Now I'm making up for lost time. [smile]

Fid at 18 (on my birthday I signed up for selective service, FID and bought a lottery ticket.
LTC A ALP at 44 (still thought my "lifetime" FID was still good)

FID at age 15.... LTC at 18..... Chief of Police signed his name where it said applicant... when I pointed it out to him he told me" okay, just sign your name where it says Licensing Authority" so I did. Had it for the four years like that and no gun shop ever looked twice at it.

LTC for protection of person and property at age 21 in 1974. FID at age 18 (had to be 21 to get an LTC at that time).

Are the tickets back expensive....[rolleyes]

If I could go back, I would. My 300K house is only 60K back home. My parents have a 5 bedroom 4 bath house with four or five times the space than I do with a house payment that's less than my 1000 sq/f house. It's sad. But, my kids have cousins, friends, and aunts and uncles here that they won't have if I move back. So, I stay. As people say, it's for the children. My kids have things that I didn't have growing up. When they are older, and I can move back home...you bet your bottom dollar I'll head back. But I can't be selfish when my wife's grown up here and everything she knows and her whole family is here.

Got my lcd when I was 29 in Canton, moved to Wareham in 1993 when I was 34 yo and had no problem removing the restrictions.

FID when I was 17, and applied for my ltc when I turned 21 (prior to my getting it, I was under the impression you could buy handguns at 18, which should be the case.) Anyways, waited till I was 21, got my LTC, and go figure -I can't carry with it- restricted. It's infuriating that you are one of the very few U.S. citizens being denied your constitutional rights. [angry] Someday...

I've lived in MA my whole life and never held a gun until my 29th year. That was during my LTC safety class. Got my LTC just before my 30th birthday. I'll be 31 in July and have a lot of catching up to do....

Got it at 23, this year (and they did make it a PITA. $300 later I got my LTC A ALP) I was single in the army before that, soldiers with personal weapons is a big no-no on base. Everybody's guns have to go into the armory! So, strangely, I am more free in MA.

Got my LTC-A just before I turned 60, hadn't fired a gun since I was 10. In the year since I got the LTC, I've acquired 1 revolver, 3 pistols, a .22 rifle, an AR, and a shotgun. And a growing list of future purchases - got to make up for lost time!

FID around 16/17
LTC ALP around 22/23. My first one might have been protection of life, but I can't remember. I do remember it being made of something akin to tissue paper.

Back
Top Bottom