• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How not to Instruct CCW...

According to a sheriff’s report, the person holding the gun believed it was unloaded when it went off.
facepalm.jpg

a revolver ? really? can't tell if it's loaded?

That's a pretty big fail boat he's paddling. Never underestimate the human potential for stupidity.

On a high note, the bullet was a ricochet not a direct hit, so technically he didn't break all the rules.

Not just one in the chamber it sounds like too. Confiscated the other 4 rounds before someone lost an eye.

That's a pretty big fail boat he's paddling. Never underestimate the human potential for stupidity.

On a high note, the bullet was a ricochet not a direct hit, so technically he didn't break all the rules.

Well technically, the first rule is really the only rule that is truly necessary for safety...which he broke, so he might as well have broke them all...

[wink]

Guns do not "go off"*. They are fired by either purposeful or negligent pulling of the trigger.

*exceptions: shitty home brew gunsmithing and a jarred gun, dropping very old guns, and perhaps guns not in good repair. But that all falls under negligence in my book.

Phalen said the investigation is ongoing, but it appears the shooting was accidental. He said the findings from the investigation will be presented to the Fairfield County Prosecutor’s Office to determine if any charges will be sought.
This was no accident, it was negligence.
Piemonte said Dunlap was doing a demonstration about where a person could keep their weapon when the gun went off.
The article should have said the gun went off when he pulled the trigger.

Read about this morning on the shita.

What a bonehead, they should take his Instructor creds if possible.

No possible excuse for that, absolutely none.

I hear that revolvers are simpler and safer for the untrained user. Good thing it was just a revolver, and not one of those too-complicated semi-automatic weapons. [wink]

I hear that revolvers are simpler and safer for the untrained user. Good thing it was just a revolver, and not one of those too-complicated semi-automatic weapons. [wink]

Well you see, they are simpler for the UNtrained user. But he was a trained user, which then makes them more complicated. It is confusing, but you are going to have to trust me on this. I am going to refer to the case where the trained instructor shot a student in the arm with a revolver. [smile]

"...when it went off"

weird none of my guns have ever "gone off"

I bought a Jennings from a gun show years ago, brought it to the range the next day, loaded a full mag, inserted it, kept the muzzle pointed down range while racking the slide, and without my finger even in the trigger guard, the gun "went off" and fired all 6 .22lr's full auto when the slide went into full battery. What I hadn't noticed was that the breech face in the slide was slightly cracked, and that little protrusion acted as it's own firing pin for the rimfire rounds. Holy sh!t did that scare me.

But I was negligent for buying a Jennings in the first place, so that one's all on me. [wink]

WTF? an instructor should know to treat every gun like its loaded and always ALWAYS safety check. Also sounds like his trigger finger discipline is non existent...SMH.

Back
Top Bottom