Laser Training Systems

STEED

NES Member
I always see ads for the Laserlyte Pistol Training, and today I saw an ad for Strikeman.

Anyone have any experience based suggestions for complete indoor laser based dry-fire solutions?

I have a SIRT pistol and picked up a LaserLyte Score Tyme from Amazon to try out. It arrived today and I gave it a brief try at 10yd indoor while my wife was out shopping. It works pretty well with the SIRT pistol but one has to cycle the trigger quickly to avoid “drawing” on the 7” target, as the SIRT laser stays on if the trigger remains pulled back.

It’s stupid expensive but very quick and simple to use, versus setting up some other systems. As I shoot guns that require a slide rack to reset (Glock 19 and SIG P365) using the SIRT is a compromise but I figure I’ll use it more often. I have a month to return it for a full refund so will use it frequently to see if it’s worth keeping.

I have a SIRT pistol and picked up a LaserLyte Score Tyme from Amazon to try out. It arrived today and I gave it a brief try at 10yd indoor while my wife was out shopping. It works pretty well with the SIRT pistol but one has to cycle the trigger quickly to avoid “drawing” on the 7” target, as the SIRT laser stays on if the trigger remains pulled back.

It’s stupid expensive but very quick and simple to use, versus setting up some other systems. As I shoot guns that require a slide rack to reset (Glock 19 and SIG P365) using the SIRT is a compromise but I figure I’ll use it more often. I have a month to return it for a full refund so will use it frequently to see if it’s worth keeping.
does it work with the green laser, or did you get an all-red SIRT?

does it work with the green laser, or did you get an all-red SIRT?
Got the Red-Red SIRT. But the Laserlytes appear to react to any light.

I sent the Score Tyme back for a refund and got two pairs of the Steel Tyme 3 inch gong targets for under $100 from eBay. I can set them up in different arrays and practice close/far, left/right, high/ low - much more fun and useful to me than just bullseye shooting.

Back
Top Bottom