How much is jump pay now?

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
Any of you know any Army, Airborne Personnel on status right now?

Do me a favor and ask them how much they get paid every month for Jump Pay.

The reason I ask, is I met a young kid in the bar tonight....he said he was in the 82nd Airborne...home on leave.

But his shit didn't seem straight, if you know what I mean......

He told me he was getting 300 bucks a month for Jump Pay......also gave me some shit about getting an extra 100 bucks a month for doing HALO jumps![rofl][rofl]

So do me a favor.....if you know someone who is Airborne today, ask them how much Jump Pay is a month.

I think this kid is full of bullshit....and I wanna bust him out![rofl][rofl]

i've got a buddy who is an officer in an airborne civil affairs unit.... forwarded him your message....
kid say what rank/grade he was? how many years in?

i've got a buddy who is an officer in an airborne civil affairs unit.... forwarded him your message....
kid say what rank/grade he was? how many years in?

We never talked long enough for me to ask him. My bullshit meter got pegged on the 300 bucks a month jump pay.

I figured anything else I asked him would be bullshit too.....so I left and came home.[rofl]

Just wanted to find out how much jump pay really is, for our next conversation!

From my buddy Tom....

The only guys in the 82nd who HALO are the LRSD, and all the guys I've ever known (not many, admittedly) in that Det. are detailed from SF. I didn't know jump pay went up to $165. I thought it was still $150. I'm still in an airborne unit, but my last jump was two years ago this November. It was likely my last.

From my HTC EVO via Tapatalk

It's possible he may be getting two incentive pays if he's doing something else that's hazardous. It seems like he is probably telling the truth but exaggerating a bit.

I really don't get why you're so interesting in verifying that people are servicemembers.

It's possible he may be getting two incentive pays if he's doing something else that's hazardous. It seems like he is probably telling the truth but exaggerating a bit.

I really don't get why you're so interesting in verifying that people are servicemembers.

Seriously. It's also entirely possible someone drank to much and heard wrong.

Because I don't like bullshit..........bullshit need to be nipped in the bud!

I told him my jump pay was 55 bucks a month back in 1967, he specifically told me that "Jump pay was now 300 bucks a month."

I just don't like being fed bullshit......and that is what he tried to feed me.

What else don't you get about this thread?

My recollection is fuzzy on that... but in 1974-1978, I believe it was $100.00 per month for enlisted personnel, and $200.00 for officers, which I always thought was

bullshit (or it might have been $50.00/$100.00). No reason why officers should have been paid more for taking that same exact risks.

Because I don't like bullshit..........bullshit need to be nipped in the bud!

I told him my jump pay was 55 bucks a month back in 1967, he specifically told me that "Jump pay was now 300 bucks a month."

I just don't like being fed bullshit......and that is what he tried to feed me.

What else don't you get about this thread?

Have you considered that he was just throwing out a number? $225 is still a pretty decent amount per mount.

Some people exaggerate. They're not necessarily posers.

Last edited:
Have you considered that he was just throwing out a number? $225 is still a pretty decent amount per mount.

Some people exaggerate. They're not necessarily posers.

I never said he was a poser......just a bullshitter.

$300 a months is pure bullshit! Should I just let it go?????????????????

yes, let it go. remember, "we" are all special forces space ship door gunners when we get back.... why worry?

Back
Top Bottom