• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

brockton va anygood now ?

my neighbor was the guy in charge of the whole VA Medical system

When my Uncle was there earlier this year I asked my neighbor if I could get him to make a call if the care was sub standard.

He said if there was an issue he would help me out, but he said that he doubted there would be an issue as it was one of the better facilities in the system.

He was right, my Uncle got good care there

Shite is hit and miss... Ever since Biden took office shite's, been heading downhill, specially, for Vietnam Vets, I'm not grousing just an observation. I can honestly say pre-Biden all the care I received in the VA in Massachusetts where top shelf I don't know what happened

I can tell you my friend who was running the VA medical system and worked under Obama, and Trump was not kept by Biden... probably didn't check a box

VA is understaffed at all MA facilities. A lot of their senior people retired and their pay scales aren't competitive enough to attract younger people. So your PCP will be PA and will wait months for an appointment. Don't forget VA is a teaching hospital so you will be seen by residents. Once you get into specialty clinics care is good. Brockton is not a large facility so if you need special diagnostic procedures they will send you to Good Samaritan or VA West Roxbury.

I am still more than satisfied with VA but have been using Community Care more because I can't get timely appointments.

With all the great medical facilities you have in Mass (there is at least something good in the state), why would you go with the VA? I'd rather be pulled into a slow, dull shredder by my nutsack than deal with them.

I've had excellent results with Brockton VA. It will take a couple of months to get fully assigned with a PCP if enrolling from scratch, so you may want to contact them prior to the move in order to expedite everything.

Civilian healthcare in southeast Mass has gone to complete shit over the past year or so, especially anything to do with Steward Medical Group. I now find that MOST VA healthcare is now superior. Even in some of the specialty fields, the resident MD's are supervised by very experienced MD's. At least that is my experience with Oncology and Gastroenterology.

Speaking of specialties, many of those will require an occasional trip to West Roxbury or Jamaica Plain.

Back
Top Bottom