• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VA Health Care Enrollment

So I did when I retired a couple years ago. Sort of a pain in the rear.

IME won't hear a thing from them.

If you can see you're enrolled online just give your hospital appointment line a call and get an appointment.

Note-they won't do a fricking thing until they assign you a PCM and you have an appointment with them. Don't get used to your PCM-in less than three years, I've had three.

According to VA website, if you applied online you should have a response in a week. (Yea, I believe that)
If you don't hear anything, call 877-222-8387. (Stay on hold listening to 'All lines are busy right now...' for a week)
If you filled out the 10-10EZ at a VA facility, go back to the facility ask to speak to chief of dept if you get a run-around.
Customer service is not their strong point.

My local VA rep in my town was very instrumental in getting all my paperwork done and in. I got a confusing call from someone in PA asking questions and sicked them on my VA Rep. He took care of everything. After all the paperwork went through I needed to go ta VA doc for the final checkup. It was for hearing so I had to go to Boston VA for the hearing checkup. I was told that Bedford has a hearing clinic now too.

I finally got enrolled last fall. I'm one of the Camp Lejeune water contamination guys and have a pending disability claim. Since last October, I've been getting all sorts of primary, endocrine and GI care with no co-pays either. Anyone covered by the PACT Act from last summer seems to be fast-tracked IF you have some health problems attributable to your service. Now that I am in, they are bending over backwards to supply healthcare.

Did you do it online or via a mail in form? I do all my VA stuff including appointments online as I can see status and they don't get "lost".

Thanks for all the replies! I sent in the paperwork. I've got a Vet services guy (West Suburban) I will give a call to see what's up. I don't relish getting on line to the VA. Thanks again! It's been a few years (59) since my discharge so maybe they're waiting me out? [smile][frown]

Thanks for all the replies! I sent in the paperwork. I've got a Vet services guy (West Suburban) I will give a call to see what's up. I don't relish getting on line to the VA. Thanks again! It's been a few years (59) since my discharge so maybe they're waiting me out? [smile][frown]

Online is definitely quicker, at least in my experience.

They are waiting all of us out😂 you don’t need any veteran services to get VA healthcare. If you have no service connection they bill you towards your income. I know you mailed it in but good luck with that. It sounds like you are in western MA kinda…plan a day and go into JP to do everything I said and you will be up and running the same day. Bring your dd214. Good luck

According to VA website, if you applied online you should have a response in a week. (Yea, I believe that)
If you don't hear anything, call 877-222-8387. (Stay on hold listening to 'All lines are busy right now...' for a week)
If you filled out the 10-10EZ at a VA facility, go back to the facility ask to speak to chief of dept if you get a run-around.
Customer service is not their strong point.
“Hi, you’ve reached the VA crisis line. Please hold”……………………………………………..

IMG_1949.jpeg

“Hi, this is the VA crisis line, how can I help you?…………hello……..hello”…………click

They are waiting all of us out😂 you don’t need any veteran services to get VA healthcare. If you have no service connection they bill you towards your income. I know you mailed it in but good luck with that. It sounds like you are in western MA kinda…plan a day and go into JP to do everything I said and you will be up and running the same day. Bring your dd214. Good luck
Agree. I went to West Roxbury. They want copy of DD214, proof of current insurance, and annual income number. If you're on SSI and Medicare you probably qualify. If you make $500K/yr trading bitcoins probably not. I would not mail anything to VA and expect results.

Back
Top Bottom