• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VJ Day Kiss Photo Temporarily Banned from VA facilities

PappyM3

NES Member
Apparently some Under Secretary at the VA decided to unilaterally ban the famous VJ Day kiss photo from all VA facilities to make VA facilities “safe, respectful, and trauma-informed.”

Thankfully the Secretary of the VA reversed the policy immediately upon finding out about it.

IMG_9675.jpeg IMG_9676.jpeg IMG_9677.jpeg

Part of me wonders if she put out the memo because nobody wants to kiss her
IMG_9674.png

Up next: the flag raising over Iwo Jima, because it is insensitive to the memories of the 20,000 Japanese troops who died.
Speaking of which, my wife and I just recently watched the movie "Flags of Our Fathers", based on the book of the same name. Both have been around for a couple of decades at this point. It's a fascinating look at those involved in this photo, the controversy surrounding same, and what subsequently happened to these men. If you haven't already watched the movie, or read the book, I'd recommend them.

Frank

If it's non-consensual then why didn't she escape from the man's headlock? Truly asking for it.

You're the dude butthurt over sexual assault no longer being celebrated, I just thought I would join the circle jerk!

Wait, apparently I’ve been sexually assaulted on several occasions then, when I was kissed without consent and without wanting it either. Sometimes from strangers showing celebration (like in the VJ photo), and sometimes from women who wanted to get into my pants.

But no, a non-consensual kiss isn’t sexual assault by default. Especially here, where there was no sexual or power intentions to it. Have you ever kissed someone without asking permission first?

Greta even said while it wasn’t consensual, it was just someone celebrating and wasn’t a romantic event:

“it wasn't that much of a kiss, it was more of a jubilant act that he didn't have to go back, I found out later, he was so happy that he did not have to go back to the Pacific where they already had been through the war. And the reason he grabbed someone dressed like a nurse was that he just felt very grateful to nurses who took care of the wounded."

She didn’t seem to care, so why do you? You know, I’m pretty left leaning in the bell curve of this forum’s population, but your virtue signaling is tiresome.

Apparently some Under Secretary at the VA decided to unilaterally ban the famous VJ Day kiss photo from all VA facilities to make VA facilities “safe, respectful, and trauma-informed.”

Thankfully the Secretary of the VA reversed the policy immediately upon finding out about it.

View attachment 858185View attachment 858186View attachment 858187

View attachment 858184

lol someone literally put lipstick on a pig.

View attachment 858185View attachment 858186View attachment 858187

View attachment 858184
They're always fat.

It doesn't look non-consensual. Her left hand is down by her leg, not pushing him away. So her body language and her comments clearly indicate that she wasn't bothered by it. This world we live in now is so lame.

It doesn't look non-consensual. Her left hand is down by her leg, not pushing him away. So her body language and her comments clearly indicate that she wasn't bothered by it. This world we live in now is so lame.

There were four shots by Eisenstaedt that day, taken rapidly, and another taken at the same moment by Vic Jorgensen. Many claim she's pushing him away in two of the Eisenstaedt exposures.

1710039277301.png

She said it wasn't consensual, but that she wasn't bothered by it. Later, they reconciled several times and seemed to be friendly with each other.

Like most other events, nobody will ever really know the truth of it. In keeping with most other human interactions, there are a lot of variables in play.

Back
Top Bottom