How many magazines do you have for your pistols/rifles?

All I know is LARPing isn't too far away from a group that dresses like cowboys and indians and takes over my f'ing range for a weekend of pretend every year. I am very impressed by the skill of some of these shooters, but pretending you're Wyatt Erp is gay. Can men participate in the shooting or do you have to buy leather chaps to compete?

All I know is LARPing isn't too far away from a group that dresses like cowboys and indians and takes over my f'ing range for a weekend of pretend every year. I am very impressed by the skill of some of these shooters, but pretending you're Wyatt Erp is gay. Can men participate in the shooting or do you have to buy leather chaps to compete?

I sense a lock coming, in before.

...it's fun to stay at the YMCA...

What kind of mall ninja devised that setup?

I'm not trying to poke the bear while he's riding the ban bus, but in the Mumbai attack, each terrorist carried an Type 56 rifle (AK clone), a Peshawar manufactured Tokarev 7.62x25mm clone, 8 rifle mags, 2 pistol mags, 8-10 grenades and various other gear.

I'm trying to buy 2 p226 mags now but want at least 5

Hah, thanks. I found it the other day. It's actually an animated gif of it shooting but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it animated and be my avatar. I tried multiple links and whatnot to try to post it that way but can't seem to get it to work.

Hey Drum I edited the size required for profile pic and fixed the animation for you... here you go I was bored [smile]
cat_sniper%281%29.gif

I'm trying to buy 2 p226 mags now but want at least 5

Hey Drum I edited the size required for profile pic and fixed the animation for you... here you go I was bored [smile]
cat_sniper%281%29.gif

Yay! He shoots now!

As for the topic of the thread.....everyone should go out and buy more mags. The end.

All I know is LARPing isn't too far away from a group that dresses like cowboys and indians and takes over my f'ing range for a weekend of pretend every year. I am very impressed by the skill of some of these shooters, but pretending you're Wyatt Erp is gay.

Cowboy shooting is LARPing as far as I'm concerned. It's right up there with zoot shooters. These guys got pink pistols beat on the gay scale.

B

keep in mind that those guys were attacking a soft target, and weren't planning on going home. if you're going out on a suicide mission, you carry as much hate laying ordinance as you can. if you're wearing 12-24 lbs of armor, running with a team that intends to go home when the mission is over, and aren't out there to waste every man, woman, and child you encounter, you carry a lot less so you can move faster.

True. I don't have any experience like that, but those guys were operating in teams of two, engaging in running gun battles in a days long terrorist attack. They carried all their gear in backpacks too (to go along with their phony student ID's); I'm just pointing out that it has been done before, throwing it out there for discussion, even if I'm forced to eat my own words in said discussion. [laugh]

Cowboy shooting is LARPing as far as I'm concerned. It's right up there with zoot shooters. These guys got pink pistols beat on the gay scale.

B

Huh, I'd never even heard of them before.

Hmm. How about "Gang Bangers".

You have to pull your pants down around your knees and hold the pistol sideways.
The uniform would be a pair of jeans, preferably phat farm. The waistband would need to be 6" larger than your own waist.
The required shirt must be a licensed shirt from an NBA team. It must be baggy for concealment.
The only pistols allowed are desert eagles (nickel plated for extra points), Glocks and MPA Mac10 knock offs.
All pistols must be carried "mexican".

Some sample stage ideas would be:

1) shoot out at the crack house
2) she's my bottom bitch and she's mine!!
3) gimme your wallet and watch
4) home invasion

Fun for the whole family.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to poke the bear while he's riding the ban bus, but in the Mumbai attack, each terrorist carried an Type 56 rifle (AK clone), a Peshawar manufactured Tokarev 7.62x25mm clone, 8 rifle mags, 2 pistol mags, 8-10 grenades and various other gear.

8 rifle mags? Their bags were pretty big, you sure about that? Anyhow, if so, wow, I would have thought they would have taken more of the mags and less on the grenades. Seems to me more bang for the buck if you figure one mag = one grenade give or take. The tokarev would have been only good for insurance I wasn't taken alive.

*wonders aloud what "fat Beretta guy" carries for mags.... being that he fires at such a high rate of speed.... he also appears to dislike cowboy shooters and robots. *

Never can have enough mags. For general range use, I like at least 5 each. But the mag hoarder in me wants as many as I can buy...

How about "Gang Bangers".

Not all gang members handle firearms like rappers. If they were as bad with guns as law abiding gun owners like to think they are, they wouldn't have such enormous death tolls. I know that's not what you meant, and FWIW I thought it was pretty funny, but be careful of that holster pride doesn't cloud your judgement.

8 rifle mags? Their bags were pretty big, you sure about that? Anyhow, if so, wow, I would have thought they would have taken more of the mags and less on the grenades.

Positive. PM sent.

GSG,
I have no doubt that I am a far better shot than any gangbanger I may come up against.

What DOES put me at a disadvantage is that I am not a naturally violent person. So In my mind I will always
be starting from one step behind.

I was once at a public range where some guys wearing colors were shooting. A rarity, how many of them actually shoot?

They were blasting away at humanoid targets 15 feet away. Their shots weren't particluarly fast or accurate.

I was practicing on an IDPA target, drawing, 2 to the body, 1 to the head. I tend to be accurate but slow, so today I was trying to push myself to go faster.

After a couple of strings one of them looks my way and says DAY-AM BOY, I kindof chuckled to myself

GSG,
I have no doubt that I am a far better shot than any gangbanger I may come up against.

What DOES put me at a disadvantage is that I am not a naturally violent person. So In my mind I will always

I was once at a public range where some guys wearing colors were shooting. A rarity, how many of them actually shoot?

They were blasting away at humanoid targets 15 feet away. Their shots weren't particluarly fast or accurate.

I was practicing on an IDPA target, drawing, 2 to the body, 1 to the head. I tend to be accurate but slow, so today I was trying to push myself to go faster.

After a couple of strings one of them looks my way and says DAY-AM BOY, I kindof chuckled to myself

Throw the target out to 25 yards and drive a full mag into the target's chest at that range and see what they say.
And if you want the whole range to go quiet for a few seconds while everyone looks over, pull out a .500 S&W and fire off a round or two. People will look to see what kind of shotgun you're shooting.

No offense, but I have my doubts about that.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...rom-Fbi-About-Cop-Attackers-amp-Their-Weapons

Several of the offenders began regularly to carry weapons when they were 9 to 12 years old, although the average age was 17 when they first started packing "most of the time." Gang members especially started young.

Nearly 40% of the offenders had some type of formal firearms training, primarily from the military. More than 80% "regularly practiced with handguns, averaging 23 practice sessions a year," the study reports, usually in informal settings like trash dumps, rural woods, back yards and "street corners in known drug-trafficking areas."

One spoke of being motivated to improve his gun skills by his belief that officers "go to the range two, three times a week [and] practice arms so they can hit anything."

then later

More than 40% of the offenders had been involved in actual shooting confrontations before they feloniously assaulted an officer. Ten of these "street combat veterans," all from "inner-city, drug-trafficking environments," had taken part in 5 or more "criminal firefight experiences" in their lifetime.

One reported that he was 14 when he was first shot on the street, "about 18 before a cop shot me." Another said getting shot was a pivotal experience "because I made up my mind no one was gonna shoot me again."

Also, current estimates are that 1-2% of the military are gang members (that's 25,000-45,000 people); that doesn't include former military members and prospective military members. In addition to street combat experience and gang training, they're learning & applying practical shooting skills courtesy of Uncle Sam in the Middle East before returning home and passing on that info to their friends.

You might be great on the range, but these guys are living on a two way range day in and day out, and they often travel with groups of other armed, experienced thugs. Whitey Bulger was a gangster in Mass., and that guy had a firearms collection, shooting ability and general firearms knowledge that would put most of the members of this forum to shame. He also regularly carried a pistol and a hand grenade as part of his daily routine.

I agree, it's a different mindset when you actually respect human life, and have to worry about innocent bystanders.

+1 to GSG - that report immediately came to mind. The so called "Street Combat Veteran" (aka gang member involved in frequent shootouts) is going to have an edge in terms of experience if you ever have to confront him. This is not a good opportunity to pretend that none of them know what they're doing.

GSG,

I think we are saying the same thing here. Frankly, Raya used tactics that every mid level IDPA or 3 gunner uses. On the video he hardly appears to be demonstrating anything extraordinary.

Also, as a cop friend related to me, its easy to keep it together when you are the aggressor because you aren't being startled out of a "lower alert" state.

One thing this guy does seem to demonstrate is a serious aggressiveness and general disregard for life. Including his own. He is on a suicide mission as he advances on 2 cops shooting at him.
But lets not forget one thing. He's armed with a rifle, the cops have handguns.

Finally, (and I am going from what friends who have served tell me. I never served) most military guys do not train much with handguns. A good friend served on Seal teams in the late 80s and early 90s. He spent a lot of time in the jungles of South and Central America. He is no better with a handgun than I am. He's much better than me with an AR or an MP5.

So again, I am confident that if I ever ended up with my gun out I could succeed against a gang banger.
But thats a HUGE "if". Most likely, I would never get that far.

These two factors in your quote would most likely end things before I even knew what happened.
--have more experience using deadly force in "street combat" than their intended victims;
--have no hesitation whatsoever about pulling the trigger. "If you hesitate," one told the study's researchers, "you're dead. You have the instinct or you don't. If you don't, you're in trouble on the street...."

Speaking of not so serious...this Zoot Shooters actually sounds kinda fun.
"AZSA is a multi-gun sport in which participants dress in 1920s-1930s costumes and compete against the clock engaging targets for the best possible score. Zoot Shooters must use firearms that are correct for the time surrounding Prohibition…"

But then again, I'm a girl and dressing up like a flapper and shooting guns is fun to me.

Last edited:
I don't think most men think having to dress up to shoot their guns is a positive thing.

Although I did always make it a point to shoot outdoor IDPA matches in my Birkenstocks and a Life is Good T shirt. Just as a stereotype breaker. And they are great shoes to be in if you are going to be on your feet all day.

Back
Top Bottom