How many here have a C&R license?

How many here have a C&R license?

• Yes - having firearms shipped direct to my door and vendor discounts brings a smile to my face.

Votes: 120 70.2%
  • No - why would I want to buy old used guns for?

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Plan on it or still waiting - I'm just trying to figure out a way to tell my spouse about it.

Votes: 37 21.6%
  • What the hell is a C&R license?

Votes: 7 4.1%

• Total voters
Another thread here has me wondering.

I've had mine well over a year now and it's easily the best $30.00 investment I've ever made. [smile]

I just renewed mine...and yes...you get DEEP discounts at a lot of the part houses.

You can almost recoup the 30 bucks in a discount in the first order from some places.

Not to mention that it's only ten bucks a year when you think about it.

Id like to point out that the big parts houses Brownells Midwayusa Numrich all honor your C&R for real good discounts on parts .Oh yeah almost forgot Caspian Arms will too.

I just got mine a few weeks ago, and figure I've saved hundreds already on my first C&R handgun purchase, compared to paying through the nose here in MA for an 'off-list' gun.

Yes although I have not used it as much as I had expected but my bank account appreciates that fact.

Had a type 01 license for 9 years but gave it up in 1999 because of all the new restrictions that were being put on us "kitchen table dealers". I just recently got the C&R mainly just to keep getting discounts from Midway and Brownells. It took until recently for both of them to question why they hadn't received a copy of my renewed FFL! All in all, a great deal for $10.00 per year.

Clue me in...What exactly are the requirements and benefits of a C&R license? I finally got my LTC A (no restrictions) about 6 months ago and I'm not 100% up to speed on all the "new stuff". I've been out of the firearms loop for about 10 years and it seems so much has changed.

Do I have to forfeit any rights if I obtain a C&R FFL? I don't mind record keeping. I know you give up a lot if you get a class III license.

Ralph

Do I have to forfeit any rights if I obtain a C&R FFL? I don't mind record keeping. I know you give up a lot if you get a class III license.
Ralph

If you might not have been on the BATF&E's "list" before, you certainly will be on it when you have an FFL.

Some people like to think they can have guns without the government knowing, should the jack-booted-thugs-seizing-guns thing ever happens. I guess gunowners in MA are already on a list, as are CCW permit holders such as me in NH, but nobody has a list of what guns I own, supossedly, nor am I obligated to open my record of guns bought/sold for inspection.

Completing the Form: Horizontal or Vertical?

Hi All,

The C&R 03 application forms for my wife and I are sitting on the kitchen table.

The question I have is how to format our answers in the long, narrow column spaces that they provide.

Should I keep the answers horizontal and just drop down lines like:

PO Box
Nowhere,
MA

or should I turn the form and answer vertically within the column (but sideways)? ...sorry, there's no easy way to show this. Anyone who may have filled the form out recently will know what I mean about the constricted space in the answer columns...

Thanks!
Ed

Anyone who may have filled the form out recently will know what I mean about the constricted space in the answer columns...

Yeah, I found that very weird. The format for your C&R bound book records has the same tall skinny columns too. Anyway, I filled the app out horizontally as you show in your post.

I almost checked : What the hell is a C+R !!! Just for fun.

YES< GET ONE even if you do not like milsurp or older guns you should still have one if not just for the discounts.

Do I have to forfeit any rights if I obtain a C&R FFL?

The worst that I see is that you, in principle at least, agree to let the ATF come inspect your C&R guns and records once a year, or alternatively agree to haul your whole collection down to the nearest ATF office for inspection. I don't believe they conduct those inspections except on rare occasion, however.

Yeah, I found that very weird. The format for your C&R bound book records has the same tall skinny columns too. Anyway, I filled the app out horizontally as you show in your post.

Thanks! Had I known in advance, I would have ordered extra copies to "practice" on.

Time to stop procrastinating and for me to get these sent in!

To say it's the best thing I ever did as far as collecting, to me anyway's, is a understatement!! Whoever likes firearms and doesn't like or admire antique(old)firearms is missing out on an important part of history and firearms in general.History is picking up a weapon of whatever age and thinking, who and where was this weapon when someone may have used it to defend or assault a position from an enemy from them no matter the country,that's what collecting and a C&R license is all about. Joe Landers

C&R is great isn't it,stay the course!

My C&R got me on a K-31 Swiss Carbine jag -- very nice gun. I wouldn't have bought if I didn't get the special C&R prices.

I'm glad you're using your C&R, I've got other people who are interested also. I've got 2 k-31's also,they are good lookers. Joe L

Back
Top Bottom