How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
August 28 (Beverly, MA) had a great interview for renewal with PD, was hopeful it would only take a few weeks. Saw him enter data into computer and gave me a temporary renewal document, seemed to me like it was submitted.

43 days later still waiting. Called the MASS hotline, told me it was still with PD for background check. Called PD this morning, they said they are waiting for the state to approve. So confused.

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My renewal took just over 3 months. About half way in, I got a call from PD telling me that the "State Police had no prints on file". I had to go back and start my renewal from scratch, getting fingerprinted again. My LTC had expired but I had my receipt from the initial renewal. GTG. Don't lose your printed receipt.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I also received a printed receipt at my local PD. Does this mean that the application for renewal has been submitted to the State from the issuing police officer? I’m just trying to wrap my brain around the process, and where the bottle neck is. The fine folks answering the hotline keeps telling me it is with the PD pending a background check.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
62   1   0
I also received a printed receipt at my local PD. Does this mean that the application for renewal has been submitted to the State from the issuing police officer? I’m just trying to wrap my brain around the process, and where the bottle neck is. The fine folks answering the hotline keeps telling me it is with the PD pending a background check.
The FRB answer you got verifies that it was entered into MIRCS. The receipt you should have received is the MIRCS receipt and is created when they enter your data into MIRCS.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My LTC expired in Sep of this year. Called Boston PD in Mar to schedule an appointment, but they were so backed up, the earliest they could interview me was Aug 22. They're really backed up which to me is a good sign that there's a lot more law biding gun owners in the city now.

Anyway, interview was on Aug 22. This was for a renewal. Moon Island was waived. Got my license in the mail today. Same as before - Restrictions: NONE. Total time since the interview was 10 weeks. Other than the long wait, it was a pretty easy process. Paid my fee, got me in, got me out.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Beverly MA

60 Days from initial interview for renewal to possession of LTC

The interview process went smoothly. Police Captain very helpful, and submitted application on the spot. Handed me a receipt to prove it.

Hetzer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Waited 43 days, 11/3 - 12/16, so almost six weeks and I was expecting eight weeks, so between that and having my restrictions removed, I’m happy 😎

Last edited:

HappyHarry

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Salem MA:
8/12 emailed renewal appt request for LTC expiring early December
8/21 received reply with 10/1 appt date
10/1 had appt; info was entered directly into computer, received receipt and an explanation that receipt is proof of validity of old license beyond expiration if new one is not received before expiration, licensing officer was friendly and helpful answering a couple questions
1/3/20 received new LTC in mail, postmarked 12/30 (unrestricted, as always)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
West Newbury here.

Continuing the family line.

Applied Nov 19, 2019. Was quoted 2 - 2 1/2 months.

Called today and found out it's been activated and is on it's way to my police chief.

Not sure if I have yet to have an interview or if the chief fingerprinting me and asking me who was selling the land by where I live counts? It was so brief I didn't even have a chance to say goodbye.

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Concord, renewal

Did all the paperwork on Veteran's Day. Current license was expiring around Thanksgiving.

License finally showed up last week.

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
August 28 (Beverly, MA) had a great interview for renewal with PD, was hopeful it would only take a few weeks. Saw him enter data into computer and gave me a temporary renewal document, seemed to me like it was submitted.

43 days later still waiting. Called the MASS hotline, told me it was still with PD for background check. Called PD this morning, they said they are waiting for the state to approve. So confused.
1580948416783.png

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped off my LTC application 4 weeks ago in Andover. I've called in twice and each time I am to told the Sargent has to look it over before they can schedule my interview. Last I was told it was another 2-3 weeks wait. That seems awfully long. Do I just wait or can I contact someone?

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
I dropped off my LTC application 4 weeks ago in Andover. I've called in twice and each time I am to told the Sargent has to look it over before they can schedule my interview. Last I was told it was another 2-3 weeks wait. That seems awfully long. Do I just wait or can I contact someone?
I see that you're new to the site (Welcome). If you're new to the Lifestyle, and this is your first LTC, here's the skinny:

You probably have to wait, patiently. It's difficult to fight the gatekeepers, as there's no penalty for them, if they drag their feet or ignore the law(s).

If you know of any others gun owners in Andover, reach out to them, and find out what the realities are.

Each town sets its own policies, some worse than others.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Cross-posted from the sticky in General:

(Still Acton) I had renewal appointment on 1/27, check was cashed on 2/25 and new license was in my mailbox on 3/9.

Not quite as fast as my wife’s LTC, but certainly on the quick end of the spectrum.

R

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that you're new to the site (Welcome). If you're new to the Lifestyle, and this is your first LTC, here's the skinny:

You probably have to wait, patiently. It's difficult to fight the gatekeepers, as there's no penalty for them, if they drag their feet or ignore the law(s).

If you know of any others gun owners in Andover, reach out to them, and find out what the realities are.

Each town sets its own policies, some worse than others.
Unfortunately I don't know any owners in the town. I've had a little big of progress since then. I did the interview and was told they'd make a decision in 40 days.

I was under the impression they submitted it to the state for approval. A week later I called and the state said it's still with Andover pending approval.

What's the next step? The town takes a couple more weeks to approve and then a whole month wait for the state?

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Sam: at this point, nobody knows (See the thread about towns suspending licensing). I'd not hold my breath. LTC issuance is likely not the top priority, probably less so than renewal, for legal reasons, with the Covid Panic.

Sorry to say, but as a practical matter, golf is probably a good alternative for a sport, and the clubs can be used to give home invaders' noggins a floggin'. That was mostly sarcastic, though probably realistic. After the "all clear," and we realize that this was all over pretty much nothing (or we get the 100-foot-tall corpse piles burned), then the mundane business of issuing LTCs may begin, again.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
62   1   0
Unfortunately I don't know any owners in the town. I've had a little big of progress since then. I did the interview and was told they'd make a decision in 40 days.

I was under the impression they submitted it to the state for approval. A week later I called and the state said it's still with Andover pending approval.

What's the next step? The town takes a couple more weeks to approve and then a whole month wait for the state?
Welcome.

If you want to know what the LTC/FID process is, give this link a read. It's official info from the FRB. Not much has changed other than short-staffing means increased delays and LTCs are very low priority at both state and local levels.

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

According to this state audit published in 2017 (based on 2013-2016 data) the then average total time for processing in Andover was 70 days.

Keep in mind that back then that figure was likely a purposeful underestimate (read: lie) and regardless will doubtlessly be longer now with the Wuhan Flu delay gambit in place.

🐯

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to this state audit published in 2017 (based on 2013-2016 data) the then average total time for processing in Andover was 70 days.

Keep in mind that back then that figure was likely a purposeful underestimate (read: lie) and regardless will doubtlessly be longer now with the Wuhan Flu delay gambit in place.

🐯
Thanks for the link. Sounds like Andover sent in the info, got it back from the state, and the state is waiting for them to make the next move (approval). I hope things are not shutdown because of the virus. Today marks 2 months since I applied.

Also have some growing concerns to any supplies being out of stock. Anyone do some shopping recently?

Angryceltic

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So the wife, step son and I took our class feb 8th. Step son and I dropped ours off on Feb 18th, wife dropped hers off on the 27th. She received hers Thursday the 26th, I called and mine and the stepsons were going out Friday the 27th. So not to bad in Holyoke.

Tommy Gun

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
123   0   1
My license came in the mail today. It expires the beginning of May but I asked to submit my application early.

lucky me, I also moved my 401k to a safer investment and was ready for this virus.
I went out on medical leave and just last night my coworkers where told they were exposed.

Top Bottom