How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I see that you're new to the site (Welcome). If you're new to the Lifestyle, and this is your first LTC, here's the skinny:

You probably have to wait, patiently. It's difficult to fight the gatekeepers, as there's no penalty for them, if they drag their feet or ignore the law(s).

If you know of any others gun owners in Andover, reach out to them, and find out what the realities are.

Each town sets its own policies, some worse than others.

Unfortunately I don't know any owners in the town. I've had a little big of progress since then. I did the interview and was told they'd make a decision in 40 days.

I was under the impression they submitted it to the state for approval. A week later I called and the state said it's still with Andover pending approval.

What's the next step? The town takes a couple more weeks to approve and then a whole month wait for the state?

Sam: at this point, nobody knows (See the thread about towns suspending licensing). I'd not hold my breath. LTC issuance is likely not the top priority, probably less so than renewal, for legal reasons, with the Covid Panic.

Sorry to say, but as a practical matter, golf is probably a good alternative for a sport, and the clubs can be used to give home invaders' noggins a floggin'. That was mostly sarcastic, though probably realistic. After the "all clear," and we realize that this was all over pretty much nothing (or we get the 100-foot-tall corpse piles burned), then the mundane business of issuing LTCs may begin, again.

Unfortunately I don't know any owners in the town. I've had a little big of progress since then. I did the interview and was told they'd make a decision in 40 days.

I was under the impression they submitted it to the state for approval. A week later I called and the state said it's still with Andover pending approval.

What's the next step? The town takes a couple more weeks to approve and then a whole month wait for the state?
Welcome.

If you want to know what the LTC/FID process is, give this link a read. It's official info from the FRB. Not much has changed other than short-staffing means increased delays and LTCs are very low priority at both state and local levels.

According to this state audit published in 2017 (based on 2013-2016 data) the then average total time for processing in Andover was 70 days.

Keep in mind that back then that figure was likely a purposeful underestimate (read: lie) and regardless will doubtlessly be longer now with the Wuhan Flu delay gambit in place.

🐯

According to this state audit published in 2017 (based on 2013-2016 data) the then average total time for processing in Andover was 70 days.

Keep in mind that back then that figure was likely a purposeful underestimate (read: lie) and regardless will doubtlessly be longer now with the Wuhan Flu delay gambit in place.

🐯

Thanks for the link. Sounds like Andover sent in the info, got it back from the state, and the state is waiting for them to make the next move (approval). I hope things are not shutdown because of the virus. Today marks 2 months since I applied.

Also have some growing concerns to any supplies being out of stock. Anyone do some shopping recently?

So the wife, step son and I took our class feb 8th. Step son and I dropped ours off on Feb 18th, wife dropped hers off on the 27th. She received hers Thursday the 26th, I called and mine and the stepsons were going out Friday the 27th. So not to bad in Holyoke.

My license came in the mail today. It expires the beginning of May but I asked to submit my application early.

lucky me, I also moved my 401k to a safer investment and was ready for this virus.
I went out on medical leave and just last night my coworkers where told they were exposed.

So the wife, step son and I took our class feb 8th. Step son and I dropped ours off on Feb 18th, wife dropped hers off on the 27th. She received hers Thursday the 26th, I called and mine and the stepsons were going out Friday the 27th. So not to bad in Holyoke.
Are they adding restrictions in Holyoke?

The Boss just got her renewal in the mail today. She applied 2/13, received 4/1.
-mike
EDIT: Gee I thought that my location was listed. Sorry, this is in Natick.

Last edited:
Anyone know how long the mail takes from Boston lol, they told me my card was mailed last Friday. Still no call. Had to have the wife buy one for me and have to do a transfer to me when it comes in

Wife dropped off her renewal app on Oct 23, at 6:30pm. Received it today April 10, in the mail. How is it that the MA Govt. agencies can break the laws that govern this LTC renewal process, can avoid being prosecuted? I wish our organization could organized to defend against the law breakers within our government. I know the answer...

My son has been waiting for over 2 months just to get an appointment to apply. THAT is the real 2A issue which should be going to trial.

Salem, MA LTC A w Restrictions
10/30/19: Emailed for appointment; response received a week later
12/4/19: Appointment- Application is filled out by LO, receipt, photo, fingerprinted
3/16/20: LTC received via USPS to my home

Congrats on what I assume is a new LTC.

Sorry for your wait and your restrictions, but thank you for letting us know that Salem PD sucks donkey dong.

🐯

Congrats on what I assume is a new LTC.

Sorry for your wait and your restrictions, but thank you for letting us know that Salem PD sucks donkey dong.

🐯

Thank you.... yes this was a brand new LTC, not renewal. And well Salem is Salem... I knew what I was getting into in terms of restrictions automatic on first license when I applied and applied anyways. My expectations were low on turn around since the Sgt. had told me I’d receive it in 3-4 months. (An elected official that I know received their first LTC last month- also with restrictions. That surprised me, I thought they would get unrestricted. So SPD is at least consistent.)

And I have my first pistol in hand so that’s exciting!!! Though thanks to Charlie, I had to wait two months to pick it up from my LGS who ordered in March. So we’re clear, I’m not throwing shade on the LGS... was in contact with me the whole time. Got in some dry fire practice last night too.

Now I just need a range when things open up....DMs welcome for recommendations. 😁

I
Wife dropped off her renewal app on Oct 23, at 6:30pm. Received it today April 10, in the mail. How is it that the MA Govt. agencies can break the laws that govern this LTC renewal process, can avoid being prosecuted? I wish our organization could organized to defend against the law breakers within our government. I know the answer...
Which town/city?

Town of Pembroke,
Mailed in renewal application 4/13/20
Never received a receipt.
Called to check status 5/14/20 and was told it all set and due to be mailed out to me in a day or two.
Received call from PD on 5/19/20 telling me it was already mailed.
Received LTC unrestricted on 5/20/20.

Don’t actually need it until August.

Applied in North Attleboro on 7-20, fingerprints on 7-29 and called today 8-5 and they said it was approved pending activation. Most likely 2-3 weeks I was told.

UPDATE:

Called today 8-31-2020 and they said State approved it and it is waiting to be printed.

UPDATE:

Called again today 9-4-2020 and they said activated and pending delivery.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom