How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

It's only been 16 days since my interview but I see everyone saying they where approved on so-and-so date; how will I know when I'm approved?...

Melrose -

App submitted: Feb 6, 2016
Interview with LEO: Feb 16, 2016
-- Told to the expect 6-8 week wait

Followed up with LEO via email on May 23.
LEO responded on May 24 that FRB needed something clarified and apologized for the delay.

Got call on June 10 that LTC was in.

Other that the state snag, Melrose made it pretty pleasant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Appointment was on 4/27 - Got letter today 6/29 that it is ready to be picked up. 60 days. I will pick up on Friday and let you all know if there are any un-requested restrictions....

Just got it, restrictions NONE.

Last edited:
Granted, not my license application, but submitted a written letter expressing my need for an unrestricted license in Springfield. Submitted 7/1/16. Will update with whatever result.

Had a missed call while at the range today from SPD clerk office. No voicemail. Called em up on the ride home and was told the request for "all lawful purposes" was denied, with no explanation. The licensing authority would "reconsider" when I renew. I politely told the clerk that they won't have to worry about it since I won't be in this shithole four years from now.

Had a missed call while at the range today from SPD clerk office. No voicemail. Called em up on the ride home and was told the request for "all lawful purposes" was denied, with no explanation. The licensing authority would "reconsider" when I renew. I politely told the clerk that they won't have to worry about it since I won't be in this shithole four years from now.

Haven't heard of many getting restrictions lifted in Springfield. They do seem to be granting new apps with no restrictions more frequently though. Not like that helps in your case unfortunately.

I've read all sorts of different requirements, ranging from full disclosure for traffic stops to live fire "qualifying". Some guys say in Springfield if you behave for the first six years and specifically request ALP, you get it upon renewal. I think it's dumb but the powers that be see otherwise. Kinda funny how I'm thirty seconds from Wilbraham, five minutes from Ludlow and ten minutes from Palmer; all green towns.. Ugh.

friend in Norwell is on 60days. He called the FRB, they told him it was still with the PD, that they had nothing, yet. BS

If your friend waits too much longer he won't have the option of filing an appeal. PDs will drag out the issuing a license in order to avoid an appeal. Remember, if you haven't received your license in 130 days you're screwed and can't appeal.

I've read all sorts of different requirements, ranging from full disclosure for traffic stops to live fire "qualifying". Some guys say in Springfield if you behave for the first six years and specifically request ALP, you get it upon renewal. I think it's dumb but the powers that be see otherwise. Kinda funny how I'm thirty seconds from Wilbraham, five minutes from Ludlow and ten minutes from Palmer; all green towns.. Ugh.

Ha, you sound like you are in the same exact area of Springfield as me. I just got my LTC 3 weeks ago with no restrictions. Not a renewal though, first time applicant.

Its been over 52 days for me so I called the FRB hotline. They said my application is still with the local PD pending review which is the same thing they told me when I called a few weeks ago. Is it normal for them to take this long? Is there anything I can do?

Its been over 52 days for me so I called the FRB hotline. They said my application is still with the local PD pending review which is the same thing they told me when I called a few weeks ago. Is it normal for them to take this long? Is there anything I can do?
I would call the local pd and find out whats going on

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

That's similar to what happened to me. My LEO didn't realize that it was back in his court. After I contacted him, he took care of it same day and sent it back to FRB for completion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That's similar to what happened to me. My LEO didn't realize that it was back in his court. After I contacted him, he took care of it same day and sent it back to FRB for completion.

I don't want to piss off my licensing officer, what would you recommend as a respectful way to inquire? At my appointment in May he told me not to call him because he is busy.

Email available? It is unobtrusive, and he can email you back or ignore you if he chooses, when he has the time.
That's what I would recommend as well. It's what I did. My email was basically saying they I understood that FRB sent it back to him for further review so that I was just checking in to see if he needed anything else from me. It sounds like your LO may not be as helpful as mine, so you'll have to play it by ear. The less intrusive, the better in your case.

I don't want to piss off my licensing officer, what would you recommend as a respectful way to inquire? At my appointment in May he told me not to call him because he is busy.

Call him and say "I checked with the FRB, they say it's waiting for you to okay it, as it's been for a while. Wanna get off your lazy ass, drop the donuts, and hit the ****ing okay button?"

Interview/fingerprints: May 19
I Called FRB today and was told activated on July 21 and I could check with local PD next week about it.

I asked the kind woman at FRB if there were any restrictions and she told me they don't handle that and I would have to ask local PD. According to this thread: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/155593-MA-LTC-FID-Application-Process it says "PD reviews responses, determines suitability, determines “proper purpose”/restrictions (if any)" BEFORE it gets sent to FRB. I'm concerned I may have been restricted, is there anything to worry about?

Interview/fingerprints: May 19
I Called FRB today and was told activated on July 21 and I could check with local PD next week about it.

I asked the kind woman at FRB if there were any restrictions and she told me they don't handle that and I would have to ask local PD. According to this thread: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/155593-MA-LTC-FID-Application-Process it says "PD reviews responses, determines suitability, determines “proper purpose”/restrictions (if any)" BEFORE it gets sent to FRB. I'm concerned I may have been restricted, is there anything to worry about?
They always say that. I dont believe for a minute that they don't know, because mine was already mailed back to my PD when I called for status and they told me they didn't know. Mine is unrestricted.

I'm sure they just dont want to get into pissing matches on the phone about something they don't really have control over. It's the PD that sets the restrictions, so let them answer the questions about it.

They always say that. I dont believe for a minute that they don't know, because mine was already mailed back to my PD when I called for status and they told me they didn't know. Mine is unrestricted.

I'm sure they just dont want to get into pissing matches on the phone about something they don't really have control over. It's the PD that sets the restrictions, so let them answer the questions about it.

Correct on all counts.

Back
Top Bottom