• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I'm hoping today is the day. Talked to DCJIS booth at Plymouth gun show yesterday and they couldn't believe how long I'd been waiting. Week #10 for me. Went through the state app, print and mail in a week.

I'm hoping today is the day. Talked to DCJIS booth at Plymouth gun show yesterday and they couldn't believe how long I'd been waiting. Week #10 for me. Went through the state app, print and mail in a week.

Really? Wow I guess everything has changed big time! Back in the Fall I waited 4 months my brother 5 months.

Sent from an iPhone Star-Trek Communicator

I feel like a 8-12 week wait is much too long, considering the entire hold up for this application was spent in my local PD. It impressed me so much that the state managed to get it approved, account activated, printed and mailed in under a week.

I feel like a 8-12 week wait is much too long, considering the entire hold up for this application was spent in my local PD. It impressed me so much that the state managed to get it approved, account activated, printed and mailed in under a week.

That's good to hear. Mine got approved 10 days ago, so hopefully BPD already has it.

Fitchburg, MA
Called and left a message March 31st
Got a call back to schedule appt April 1st
Interview April 7th
LTC ready for pickup May 1st
No restrictions. [smile]

I asked the Detective about restrictions and his reply was, "You won't have to worry about that, thats something the old chief liked to put on there.".

When did your LO approve yours? Mine got approved by my LO on April 18, and was not approved or printed by the FRB when I called them on the 29th. Day 80 for me.

Not to sure, never asked to be honest. I called DCJIS on 4/24 the women said it would be 2 wks before anything happens and it was approved the next day and mailed off. I called my LO today and left him a msg to see if it came in.

143 days in Brockton for Fiancée! Just picked up yesterday was put in on 12/09/2013. Also instead of unrestricted it was issued hunting & target. Currently looking into suing them for dereliction of duty & having the restriction removed.

143 days in Brockton for Fiancée! Just picked up yesterday was put in on 12/09/2013. Also instead of unrestricted it was issued hunting & target. Currently looking into suing them for dereliction of duty & having the restriction removed.

I would give your CLEO a call and see if he or she could remove your restrictions first. If they so no, you have to wait until a certain amount of time, then go seek an attorney. This is just my $.02

Mike

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Dane5502143 days in Brockton for Fiancée! Just picked up yesterday was put in on 12/09/2013. Also instead of unrestricted it was issued hunting & target. Currently looking into suing them for dereliction of duty & having the restriction removed.

I would also ask about it nicely first just to see if there is any results?

If not you could take the chief in for a (show cause) Hearing

Not sure if its your first time holding a LTC ?
if it is some towns put restrictions on the first one.

Any way if you have had the license for a number of years i think you have a good chance of getting restrictions removed on a show cause hearing

You could do that with or with out a attorney.

Last edited:
I finally got it! After 12 weeks of waiting, I get the call on a Sunday of all days! I almost didn't answer my phone too. I was down at the PD faster than their own emergency response time. Class A LTC Unrestricted! Picked myself up a nice Stag Arms Model 3 today. So happy! Later this week its the M&P Shield .40 :)

Picked up my LTC today.

Applied Feb 11. Qualified at Moon Island Feb 12. Approved by LO April 18, printed by FRB April 29, in hand May 5. 83 days start to finish in Boston.

brockton typically issues t & h to first timers but will remove after a year if you behave

that being said, there is a new chief/commisioner and i have not heard if the policy has changed

I'm Still waiting on mine... Applied in Clinton on April 10th... Its been 28 days 4 weeks maybe I will get it this week? Anyone else have recent experience with Clinton.

Anyone have a recent experience in Westborough? My wife has her heart set on moving there. I know the list says they are green but I just want to make sure.

A friend i know got one there last year unrestricted.I would think you would be ok.Just make sure they know how long you have had the License.Thats what i just did in Hudson and made a point of letting them know i have had a restricted license for 35 years in town. They were RED and now are Green anyway.But i wanted to make darn sure in wriiteing to the chief it was very clear the time involved.And that the chief consider that i have a unrestribted license.It worked and may have worked anyway.But i also think if i didnt open my mouth i may have got just what i had sporting and target but who knows

Back
Top Bottom