How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Me and some of my friends are waiting or applying for ours. One of the guys is unemployed currently, and on page one of the application its asking for occupation and employers address, if they put down unemployed, will that mess up his application?

Me and some of my friends are waiting or applying for ours. One of the guys is unemployed currently, and on page one of the application its asking for occupation and employers address, if they put down unemployed, will that mess up his application?

Not at all, just put unemployed. They can't deny you because you don't have a job.

Not at all, just put unemployed. They can't deny you because you don't have a job.

Under MGL they CAN deny you for the color of your hair! They don't need a reason at all.

That said, chiefs don't deny people merely because they are unemployed.

Fill it out, file it and don't worry about it.

Groveland was 7 1/2 weeks but I think it was ready before my Birthday. I called the state and was told the card was active well before it expired is all they would say.

Looks like Boston has sped things up, or I just got lucky. Applied on April 10th, moon island on April 18th, and received in the mail today (35 days total). Target and Hunting Restriction

I'm in Westwood and can't even get anyone at the PD to return a phone call to schedule an appointment. It has been over 2 months since I started trying. I heard they are busy with applications, but that shouldn't prevent someone from returning a call! Any other Westwood people here?

My take is a lot of towns are taking a long time to get people back in for interviews after they submit there applications.More towns also are issuing without restrictions.I recently waited 7 weeks after submitting the paper work in Hudson for the interview.And i got the LTC unrestricted about 2 weeks after the interview.What i was told is they only do interviews 2 days a week.Also there are more people applying now to.We really had a very nice chat about it in detail.I also was given the LTC unrestricted which is a real plus considering i have had a restricted LTC for 35 years in Hudson.I also brought the 35 years up as a point.Basically it was a very good interview and they are very gun friendly now.Much better than years past.All i can say is i wish you luck.Go down there in person and talk to them about getting in for your interview.And after that it wont take long after you get in.Showing up in person is better than makeing a phone call to them

Last edited:
If they get you in and do your Picture the process begins.You should have it about 2 weeks after that.Clinton is good to they issue with no restrictions !

If you had prints done it must be your first license? Maybe thats why so long.I know right after the Hudson PD interviewed me and my wife recently we had the license in 2 weeks and 3 days.We have also had LTCs for years.But this time it did take around 7 weeks to get the interview to.They told me there short handed and more people are trying to get LTCs to.So that must be the case in Clinton to now maybe.

Hey, my brother lives in Hanson and went to apply for his permit. Hanson has two times a month and certain hours. He got there at 6 and they're supposed to be open till 7pm, but they closed. Any suggestions, next time is next Tues, and anyone know how long the wait is?

Good luck its to bad these PDs just dont care how long they take to do these.Its almost like they are doing you a favor in some ways.But than again i guess they are if you get un restricted.Thank god mine finally is after all the years i have had it.I almost threw myself a party over it !!!!!!!!!!

Dropped my daughters FID application off today in Taunton.
They only take applications on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-4
She has an appointment for April 26 for interview and then a 10-12 week wait (for a 15 yo that has never seen the inside of a police station until today!)

At least they didn't have an issue with the $25 check
Her FID came in today
The process really started on 3/17 when they wouldn't take the application - 73 days or about 10 weeks
From the interview it was only 33 days

First post here, but been lurking for awhile. Lots of great info on here!

I've been checking with the DCJIS by phone once a week, paperwork and interview completed 4/24. 41 days so far.

Just off the phone just now: "Pending review by licensing officer." Which is the same status as it was in early May. I spoke with the firearms officer two weeks ago, who stated he was still waiting for the CoP to sign off on the application - which he stated was going to happen sometime last week.

I'm trying to be patient, but I've got a little bit of money saved up that's starting to burn a hole in my pocket. [thinking]

Last edited:
First post here, but been lurking for awhile. Lots of great info on here!

I've been checking with the DCJIS by phone once a week, paperwork and interview completed 4/24. 41 days so far.

Just off the phone just now: "Pending review by licensing officer." Which is the same status as it was in early May. I spoke with the firearms officer two weeks ago, who stated he was still waiting for the CoP to sign off on the application - which he stated was going to happen sometime last week.

I'm trying to be patient, but I've got a little bit of money saved up that's starting to burn a hole in my pocket. [thinking]

Its brutal I know... My GF had hers before me and we got her a Shield. The best thing I did was have her Sign up as a member at Mass Firearms School in Holliston.

Once your a member you can rent any of the number of guns they have (and they have alot) for free. I shot every caliber and every handgun almost every weekend until I got my LTC. It was fun and helped me make a educated decision on what I wanted for a firearm and what worked best for me.

29 days in Somerville - class A with no restrictions!

5/5 - Submitted application, got fingerprinted, & met with the LO
5/20 - State approved & sent to local PD
6/3 - License arrived in the mail

19 Days in Blackstone for renewal... LTC-A, no restrictions.

Called to schedule an appointment with the Chief, interviewed the very next day, two and a half weeks later... new license in hand. My current license doesn't even expire until mid-July.

Back
Top Bottom