How in hell did this happen?? Woman sent revolver in the USPO.....it discharged.

My FFL received one on my behalf a few weeks ago...via USPS.

I always thought that was the law, but hey it arrived in one piece and i didn't ship it so i wasn't concerned with how it got there.

I had someone pull the trigger on a .300 Win Mag about 2-3ft from my right ear. It was pretty excruciating for a minute or so and i couldnt hear a whole lot for about an hour, but my hearing returned to normal after that.

Never suffered any long term effects, thankfully.

I guess i shouldn't assume it was in a box with packing material. Thats probably a false assumption in this case

I was referring to a private citizen. FFLs can ship via Priority Mail, I believe.

I had someone pull the trigger on a .300 Win Mag about 2-3ft from my right ear. It was pretty excruciating for a minute or so and i couldnt hear a whole lot for about an hour, but my hearing returned to normal after that.

Never suffered any long term effects, thankfully.

Well, none that you noticed...

When I was younger, I ended up next to someone firing .357 magnum and I didn't have any hearing protection in yet. I unfortunately ended up perfectly aligned with the cylinder gap when he fired.

I literally almost fell over. Ringing in the right ear for a few hours, but it all went away. No obvious hearing loss.

However, if I wear headphones, and swap channels, I can detect probably about a 5-10% hearing loss in the right ear. It is worse on the high frequencies.

Every now and again, that ear will go about 85% deaf and I get the ringing back for a few seconds, then it is back to normal.

Just like your eyes, your ears do not get better with age. Be careful out there.

An old friend of mine shot on the Army rifle team at Fort Eustis in the '50s. Garand, M-14, and something in .300WM. No hearing protection, ever. Fellow's deaf as a post now.

An old friend of mine shot on the Army rifle team at Fort Eustis in the '50s. Garand, M-14, and something in .300WM. No hearing protection, ever. Fellow's deaf as a post now.

it wasn't that long ago that almost nobody used hearing protection. thank god that has changed.

and just because your hearing "returned to normal" a short while after, did not mean you did not damage those tiny bits inside your ear. maybe 10 or 20 years later, you will start having a hard time hearing people in a crowded room....

Stinging hands...[rofl]

.357 is loud, but not loud enough to warrant medical attention for ringing ears. Douchebag employee looking for a payday.

As for the revolver...single action i would think it had to be cocked. Thats a special kind of stupid, lucky no one got killed.
Exactly. Anyone that has been in the Bulk Mail center know that the place is already super loud in there, even on the receiving docks. Definitely looking for a federal payday with some time off.

Back
Top Bottom