How I pinned my AR15 stock

Wanted to see what you guys thought about my pinned stock and Mass legality.

I am pinning my stock because I live in Massachusetts and a folding or telescoping stock is not legal here.There are a lot of people that have pinned their stocks by drilling holes and adding roll pins. I didn't want to drill through my brand new stock so I thought a method would be to remove the internals that make it a quick telescoping stock by replacing them with a fixed pin (this is made out of aluminum) and no spring, thus deactivating the adjustment lever. Once my friend with a machine shop comes back from vacation I am going to make another one with a more refined tip on it. I believe this will satisfy the law. I will probably put a little bit of hot glue between the lever and the buffer tube area to hold the lever from moving around at all. Please let me know what you think of the idea.

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

So you replaced the spring and plunger with just a fixed plunger. You did this by removing the roll pin too, no?
Good idea.

I had to remove the roll pin at the bottom, make sure the spring doesn't fly out. Remove the bar that the lever presses on and then remove the plunger (black one in the photo). Put the stock in the position you want, insert new plunger piece and then pin it with the stock roll pin. I see no reason his wouldn't be legal seeing as the actual adjustable components have now been removed.

I had to remove the roll pin at the bottom, make sure the spring doesn't fly out. Remove the bar that the lever presses on and then remove the plunger (black one in the photo). Put the stock in the position you want, insert new plunger piece and then pin it with the stock roll pin. I see no reason his wouldn't be legal seeing as the actual adjustable components have now been removed.

Yeah, well done. It looks like it should pass muster but given there are no objective standards, that's not saying much.

Awesome. Glad I found this, I was just about to pin a Magpul CTR in the more traditional fashion, ie. pin through the stock and the receiver extension. Here's my attempt:

View attachment 20460

Should do the job I think. And relatively simple to restore to normal when I get out of this crappy state [smile]

Thanks StephenR for the suggestion!

I don't know how much more refined it is, I just cut an angle on the bottom and hit it all with a polishing wheel on my dremel [smile]. The stock was easy to take apart.

Not sure why you would sluff this method of pinning the stock. It saves the stock and can be adjusted for different shooters while in the shop.

a

Yeah, super idea, but guys, for those of you who mind these stuff, its still not legal, is it?/

Yeah, super idea, but guys, for those of you who mind these stuff, its still not legal, is it?/

If it doesn't collapse anymore it's not collapsible and doesn't count as an "evil feature".

All of that having been said.... fake collapsables still annoy the piss out of me......

donotwantrecoil.jpg

Thanks

And I wrote sluff instead of slough meaning to brush off or shed. My bad, thanks for the compliment if it was intended to be one.

I just removed the adjustment lever on my stock that came on my Bushmaster, left the spring in, and tightened the plunger with a small screwdriver (it screws into a round nut). The spring is so tight and the nut is kind of small and round and there is no way anyone can pull it out with their fingers. To remove it, I have to unscrew it enough that I can get my fingers behind the round nut and pull it out. Since I need a tool for this, it should be legal.

Is there a restriction on the actual length the stock is pinned at?

I have a fake collapsible on my M&P15...but don't like how far out it is. Would prefer it in a tiny bit more. As long as the stock is pinned, does it matter what length it's pinned to?

There is an Overall length minimum but if you have a 16" barrel on an are you should be fine

Is there a restriction on the actual length the stock is pinned at?

I have a fake collapsible on my M&P15...but don't like how far out it is. Would prefer it in a tiny bit more. As long as the stock is pinned, does it matter what length it's pinned to?

Sent from my Droid which is going to be replaced with a Galaxy Nexus very soon!

Back
Top Bottom