• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How and where to buy a Mosin Nagant?

I'm going to take a ride to Plymouth Bay tomorrow to check one out. I think l may want to pry one out of a crate still packed in grease. I was thinking about spending the extra money and getting a 44 but then I'm defeating my original intent of spending short money on what is truly a battle rifle. Sharp edges on a butt plate! How cool and up close is that.
Mosins are not Garands but an M1 is gonna cost a bunch more. I've been reading a boatload of stuff on the Mosin and the men and women who carried them and it's history is impressive. $150.00 buys a lot of rough around the edges rifle. I expect that I'll take it to the range a couple of times and then shelve it but it will be a great addition to the closet. I tried to find the video of the twenty or so guys holding mosins. That's a scary fighting force for a couple of thousand dollars. I understand that one Mosin was issued to two or three soldiers and that if the one carrying the rifle went down his comrades took his gun and ammo and kept going. Talk about love for the motherland! Thanks for the input my friends.

While I honor those who used the Mosin and defeated the nazi this picture is good.

stalingradrussiansniper.jpg

While I honor those who used the Mosin and defeated the nazi this picture is good.

stalingradrussiansniper.jpg
She was probably 17 years of age when this was taken. A good movie to watch is Enemy at the Gates. It is a depiction from the Russian side of the battle of Stalingrad. Of course hollywood had to go muck it up with a love romance storyline. Still a great film to watch while you are snowed in.

When I got mine at Plimouth Bay, they offered cleaned and cosmoline coated options.

I was just checking the usual suppliers for Mosin's and found the 91/30's are mostly sold out. No crate sales were found either. I guess the word got around how much gun you got for such little cost. Ammo crate prices are coming down though. Best to stock up on 1-2 of those if you are a Mosin fan.

I was just checking the usual suppliers for Mosin's and found the 91/30's are mostly sold out. No crate sales were found either. I guess the word got around how much gun you got for such little cost. Ammo crate prices are coming down though. Best to stock up on 1-2 of those if you are a Mosin fan.

I always have two cans unopened.....and one that I'm chewing on........when I'm down to 60 rounds in the opened can I start planning on a trip to Hooksett to see what Rileys or Collectable is charging for em. I keep two cans unopened.......you know......in case I need to loan a very good friend (or two or three) a rifle (or two or three).

Time for another 91/30 group buy? It seems like the Russia/Ukraine conflict and sanctions have put a dent into imports.

I bought my Mosin back in 93 sold it a year ago for $500.00 (paid $100 in 93). back in the day ammo was plentiful and cheap. i also sold my Mauser recently. Great guns but surplus ammo is in low supply. i updated my collection to more popular and common ammunition.

Back
Top Bottom