House votes to knock $60 off gun license fee

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how do you like that Deval? [rofl][rofl][rofl]

[laugh2]

that is GREAT news!!!!!

I am going to see my Cheif now and tell him he owes me 60 bucks... [rofl]

yeah right!

OMG. A T&G editorial that didn't throw gun owners under the bus.
shocked.gif

Rep. Peterson is getting most of the press for his laudable but ultimately unsuccessful attempt to roll back fees to 2001 levels. But we shouldn't forget that the real victory (and, yeah, I understand the position of those who think it doesn't mean much because there shouldn't be a fee at all - I'll take what I can get, thank you) was the successful defeat of the proposed increases, and that was spearheaded by Rep. Denis Guyer.

You can send him a short email of thanks here: [email protected]

I did.

Just found this update on Goal's website. It was dated 7/30/08

Governor's Fee Increase Proposal

Early Wednesday morning the Senate took up the Governor's supplemental budget proposal H.5022 . Unfortunately the bill was amended in committee to remove the language lowering the fees to $40 before reaching the Senate floor . However, the Governor's proposed increases were also removed. In the end the fees remain the same which is still a tremendous victory for lawful gun owners having sent a very strong message to the Governor.

OMG. A T&G editorial that didn't throw gun owners under the bus.
shocked.gif

Well, maybe I can hope just a little bit that some people in public office and in the press are starting to accept the Heller decision by SCOTUS and maybe, just maybe, our 2A rights are moving a little bit closer to the stature of the other amendments in the Bill of Rights.

We still have a long way to go, though.

This is good news!

Bob

That was really surprising that the T&G article didn't hang us out to dry .

They are owned by the New York Times , and we know where they stand on gun owners rights.

I just emailed a copy of the original article outlining the proposed reduction in fees to a friend of mine with the subject: "I think monkeys just flew out of my ass." [wink]

I was initially doubtful that the $250 proposal would be removed. I was utterly shocked to see the reduction moved forward.

The political season is in out favor for this one. The favorable "post Hellar" political climate is also encouraging as far as Massachusetts firearms laws go. My hope is that GOAL, NRA and other groups can strike while the iron is hot and make things happen.

While I hate it every time someone on the hill passes just about any new law, S.1401 "AN ACT prohibiting the confiscation of lawfully owned firearms during a state of emergency" could prove to be another "victory" for legitimate gun owners. Encouraging to say the least.

Perhaps there is hope for Massachusetts after all. At the very least, it seems the sad status quo will remain and no additional restrictions will pass easily.

If toll payers, cigarette smokers and, now, owners of legally registered firearms can be singled out, which minority might be targeted next?
Now, there is an edit board that actually gets it!

Back
Top Bottom