• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Review of S2284 (formerly SB 2265)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know if this sub-committee has actually MET YET?

I'm sure they are all talking and negotiating with each other the past few days. The actual everybody-in-a-room meeting is just a formality, window dressing, to make it all official-like.

Anyone who thinks that real decisions are made in meetings is naive. Business or government it's all the same.

Doesn't the state have open meeting bylaws about this sort of thing?

Given that today is the last Friday of the regular legislative session, what are the chances some compromise gets reached between the chambers and gets passed late in the day today with the result being we get double-crossed/screwed?

double screwed FTW

They did this to us in 1998.

nah, they'll wait until the 11th hour of the last day before they do anything. They've been to busy passing laws to protect the rights of people on sidewalks and standing with Supermarket owners to work on Second Amendment protection.

I figired because its friday so they can disappear into the weekend and not be so visible.

More like, so they can get across the Cape Cod Canal or to Winnipesaukee before 10 PM.

Any one hear how things are going with the committee I have to believe what ever it is they will do should happen today based on the calendar.

Too quiet around the statehouse today and lots of faces like rosenthal and CLEOs ...that can only mean they are getting the lube ready for us
Really? Is this true? If so, how come nobody from our side is visible there?

Want to twist their panties, ask Deval if COP's should be able to determine 15th Amendment suitability. LOL

I think that Devalue, Rosenturd, and any other anti should be able to explain why a NICS check and permit aren't required to exercise the right to vote like it is require to keep and bear arms! Hell those people probably would get all bent out of shape at the mere suggestion of voter id laws!

Two good points there!

My hunch is that the "may issue" FID card will be in the bill. It looks like that is the big hurdle to get over for the committee.

keep calling and writing then!!! errbody!

Call Call CALL!!!! Might be too late to write!

I will laugh my ass off if after all this, whatever bill ends up passing (if it does) that he just doesn't sign it
dogs and ponies everywhere

That would be too rich.

EDIT:
Sent an email the other night. Just alerted some Tea Party folks to please contact their mailing lists to call in as well. Go Get 'Em!

Last edited:
The funny thing is Ive heard one of these very vocal COPs is actually very pro gun behind closed doors... as someone who doesn't understand the concept of selling out... that makes me pretty disheartened.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

ETA... I just noticed he doesn't have his seat belt on.

Is this an LEO exemption I'm unaware of?

Don't know but I was the only one in my dept that wore a seatbelt in a cruiser (but that was a time before mandatory seatbelts). There are reasons to and not to. I dumped a police radio on the ground getting out of a cruiser on a call as the seatbelt snagged it . . . damage wasn't pretty.

Given that today is the last Friday of the regular legislative session, what are the chances some compromise gets reached between the chambers and gets passed late in the day today with the result being we get double-crossed/screwed?

Legistraitors are never in Bacon Hill on Fridays, it's their day off (supposed to be working "in their district"). It would be odd for them to actually work on Friday, most especially in the Summer.

The funny thing is Ive heard one of these very vocal COPs is actually very pro gun behind closed doors... as someone who doesn't understand the concept of selling out... that makes me pretty disheartened.
Mike

Amen Mike. "This"!!!!

"One" of these chiefs is actually Pro-gun?

I'd say more like 20% of them will, PRIVATELY, admit that anti-gun legislation/laws/rules simply enable criminals. A good % of them would also say that, given the option, they'd make LTCs "shall issue". I personally know TWO Deputy-Superintendents in different towns, both RED, one VERY RED (should be black!!) who will tell you PRIVATELY, when at your house for the backyard barbecue or when out with the guys for a few beers, that they feel that this LTC "may issue" and "restrictions" etc are pure BS.

And they will IMMEDIATELY clam up if someone takes notice of their remarks, etc, because last time I looked, nobody was handing out jobs to a high school (only!) graduate where they can earn up to almost $200 grand with overtime/details/training pay/perks/etc. I know one Captain, RED town, who is 100% pro-gun, pro-2A, and thinks his RED chief is a friggin JBT lunatic.

But he goes along, gets along, and enjoys his 7am-3pm "no-heavy-lifting" gig, along with his condo in the Clearwater, FL area, as well as his time share in Costa Rica on the coast, several (SEVERAL) "mini vacations" yearly, rarely has to buy coffee, lunch or dinner out of his own pocket (Hey, Cap! How are ya??!!!...Nah, forget it..it's on me!") - or Captain will hand the deli owner a $20 bill and get "rung up" at the register...and get $20 back in fives and ones (wink-wink). He drives a 2014 Cadillac Escalade, wife a 2014 Lexus, daughters both NEW cars, plus he owns a brand new Harley. Alll came at a "great deal with amazing manufacturers rebates (wink-wink).

He owns literally an arsenal of weapons at his AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL home in a quiet, secluded section of his RED town. Co-owns 3 apartment buildings with his younger nephew (nephew is the sweat and toil guy, Captain the $$ backer). Cap has literally EVERY toy imaginable, has ZERO financial worries, etc etc.

Anyone here think "Cap" is gonna give up this gig and do something else his education qualifies him for (landscaping? auto mechanic?), just so that he can come out and state PUBLICLY his Pro-gun/Pro 2A feelings, thoughts and beliefs, and make it easier for YOU and I to exercise our 2nd Amendment RIGHT to protect ourselves?

[rofl]

So correct me if I am wrong. They have four days to vote in BOTH houses after the commitee releases
the bill? Then what happpens? Do they resubmit it next year, or does it (pragmatically speaking)
die.
ggboy

Amen Mike. "This"!!!!

I'd say more like 20% of them will, PRIVATELY, admit that anti-gun legislation/laws/rules simply enable criminals. A good % of them would also say that, given the option, they'd make LTCs "shall issue". I personally know TWO Deputy-Superintendents in different towns, both RED, one VERY RED (should be black!!) who will tell you PRIVATELY, when at your house for the backyard barbecue or when out with the guys for a few beers, that they feel that this LTC "may issue" and "restrictions" etc are pure BS.

And they will IMMEDIATELY clam up if someone takes notice of their remarks, etc, because last time I looked, nobody was handing out jobs to a high school (only!) graduate where they can earn up to almost $200 grand with overtime/details/training pay/perks/etc. I know one Captain, RED town, who is 100% pro-gun, pro-2A, and thinks his RED chief is a friggin JBT lunatic.

But he goes along, gets along, and enjoys his 7am-3pm "no-heavy-lifting" gig, along with his condo in the Clearwater, FL area, as well as his time share in Costa Rica on the coast, several (SEVERAL) "mini vacations" yearly, rarely has to buy coffee, lunch or dinner out of his own pocket (Hey, Cap! How are ya??!!!...Nah, forget it..it's on me!") - or Captain will hand the deli owner a $20 bill and get "rung up" at the register...and get $20 back in fives and ones (wink-wink). He drives a 2014 Cadillac Escalade, wife a 2014 Lexus, daughters both NEW cars, plus he owns a brand new Harley. Alll came at a "great deal with amazing manufacturers rebates (wink-wink).

He owns literally an arsenal of weapons at his AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL home in a quiet, secluded section of his RED town. Co-owns 3 apartment buildings with his younger nephew (nephew is the sweat and toil guy, Captain the $$ backer). Cap has literally EVERY toy imaginable, has ZERO financial worries, etc etc.

Anyone here think "Cap" is gonna give up this gig and do something else his education qualifies him for (landscaping? auto mechanic?), just so that he can come out and state PUBLICLY his Pro-gun/Pro 2A feelings, thoughts and beliefs, and make it easier for YOU and I to exercise our 2nd Amendment RIGHT to protect ourselves?

[rofl]
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
-Lord Action, 1887.

I know one Captain, RED town, who is 100% pro-gun, pro-2A, and thinks his RED chief is a friggin JBT lunatic. But he goes along, gets along, and enjoys his 7am-3pm "no-heavy-lifting" gig, along with his condo in the Clearwater, FL area,
Snip

This is the problem. And it's not just (some) cops. Lots of people make a great living off of .gov. Why bite the hand that feeds you?

The only solution long term is to starve the gov of funding. Only that will change things.

I still think being a firefighter is a better gig lol. One of my good friends lifelong dream was to become a cop. He's a cop in a very wealthy town, one of the nicest guys I know, and no longer has any intention to retire as a cop.

My buddies on FDs make very good money and are much better liked by the general public. Also all are way more relaxed.

ALL my cop friends are very pro-gun.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Very interesting piece on the GOAL FB page this morning -

Anti's complain about the NRA and their money, take a look at these "extremists", who of course support the Second Amendment - except for the parts about RKBA and "shall not be infringed" or course. "Nobody wants to take away your guns"...

"Lots of pieces connect here. The Joyce Foundation which spends millions to promote the anti Second Amendment agenda and was once directed by President Obama, also pays David Hemenway who was a major contributor to Speaker DeLeo's "gun viol...ence" committee. Their report provided the genesis of FID suitability and a bunch of other anti 2A amendments which have since been defeated. In addition to that, the Joyce Foundation has been a major contributor to the International Association of Chiefs of Police."
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20110122/ISSUE01/301229980/the-joyce-foundation-the-anti-nra

Amen Mike. "This"!!!!

<snip>

[rofl]

You know, I honestly wouldn't have a problem with someone keeping their pro2A stance under wraps if their goal is to one day be chief, and then once they get that job come out of the Ammosexual closet. In fact, that could be one of our problems here. The pro2A cops aren't getting the chief appointments because the pols know who is who, and our allies aren't making it into positions of power where they could put this may-issue to rest once and for all. And laws don't even have to be changed. If all the COP's were pro2A and every town was green, then by default LTC's become shall-issue.

But if they're just going along to get along, shame on them.

Last edited:
You know, I honestly wouldn't have a problem with someone keeping their pro2A stance under wraps if their goal is to one day be chief, and then once they get that job come out of the Ammosexual closet. In fact, that could be one of our problems here. The pro2A cops aren't getting the chief appointments because the pols know who is who, and our allies aren't making it into positions of power where they could put this may-issue to rest once and for all. And laws don't even have to be changed. If all the COP's were pro2A and every town was green, then by default LTC's become may-issue.

But if they're just going along to get along, shame on them.
They are chosen in part for their public stance on guns as well as other racist views on keeping the natives in check (under domination) so the wealthy whites don't flee the city.

Am I the only one who gets the STRONG feeling that these scumsucking puke legislators are ONCE AGAIN up to their old bullsh*t "tricks" and had this mapped out all the way... take it down to the VERY LAST SECOND, quickly "agree" on a KY Jelly (for gun owners!) "compromise" which will be even WORSE than what any of us imagined all along...they all vote on it in both the house then senate, agree to screw the gun owners YET AGAIN, thereby preserving their jobs in this moonbat hellhole...
And they'll accomplish ALL OF THIS late on the 31st... then get the hell out of town and enjoy their Cape/Maine/Vineyard vacations...leaving gun owners to (yet again, like 1998) cry "foul" and "no fair" and vowing to vote against all the pukes who screwed us....But the pukes KNOW they'll win re-election by taking a firm stand as an anti-gunner in this Mecca of anti-gunnery....

I may be (and HOPE TO HELL that I am) wrong....but is there ANYONE here on NES (or anywhere else in the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts) that would be even remotely shocked or surprised if these lying, two-faced, dirtball maggots pulled something like that?

Let ANYONE who would be shocked at these scumsuckers pulling something along these lines stand up and say "That'd never happen"...
(cricket chirp...cricket...cricket)

Last edited:
They can't add anything that didn't passv either house. The worst we can get is may issue fid. That's the only grievous part that passed through both.

Am I the only one who gets the STRONG feeling that these scumsucking puke legislators are ONCE AGAIN up to their old bullsh*t "tricks" and had this mapped out all the way... take it down to the VERY LAST SECOND, quickly "agree" on a KY Jelly (for gun owners!) "compromise" which will be even WORSE than what any of us imagined all along...they all vote on it in both the house then senate, agree to screw the gun owners YET AGAIN, thereby preserving their jobs in this moonbat hellhole...
And they'll accomplish ALL OF THIS late on the 31st... then get the hell out of town and enjoy their Cape/Maine/Vineyard vacations...leaving gun owners to (yet again, like 1998) cry "foul" and "no fair" and vowing to vote against all the pukes who screwed us....But the pukes KNOW they'll win re-election by taking a firm stand as an anti-gunner in this Mecca of anti-gunnery....

I may be (and HOPE TO HELL that I am) wrong....but is there ANYONE here on NES (or anywhere else in the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts) that would be even remotely shocked or surprised if these lying, two-faced, dirtball maggots pulled something like that?

Let ANYONE who would be shocked at these scumsuckers pulling something along these lines stand up and say "That'd never happen"...
(cricket chirp...cricket...cricket)

If this goes down according the scenario you suggest, then we'd better double down on our contributions to Comm2A. I suspect there will be lawsuits in the future.

And LEO exemption! Grievous, if you ask me.
True, but that doesn't directly affect us. I will say this: the comment made by the police commissioner, combined with that cute little proposal, woke a lot of people up in this state about them wanting a separate police state altogether. If the entire bill fails-even I'd the parts they want fail-they did it to themselves. And that would be sweet, sweet justice :)

True, but that doesn't directly affect us. I will say this: the comment made by the police commissioner, combined with that cute little proposal, woke a lot of people up in this state about them wanting a separate police state altogether. If the entire bill fails-even I'd the parts they want fail-they did it to themselves. And that would be sweet, sweet justice :)

Evans definatly telegraphed a punch.
He made it pretty clear at least some of them intend to start abusing the may issue ,should it pass.
I suppose that little slip is a gift should it come down to law suits.

Here's something to get your blood boiling on a nice, quiet, relaxing Sunday afternoon...

Our Opinion: Heed the police chiefs

The sight of uniformed police chiefs in attendance at a public rally on the state’s gun control legislation Tuesday in Boston provided a powerful reminder of a fact that gets overlooked in the passionate debate about gun violence in America -- the men and women who are on the front lines in the fight to keep people safe support stricter regulations on guns.

-------------------

The gun violence bill passed handily in the House with the provision intact but the NRA apparently took an interest when the legislation went to the Senate and sent its top New England lobbyist over to Beacon Hill to lean on lawmakers. Senator James E. Timilty, the chairman of the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security, claims the provision might violate the Second Amendment, which sounds like something an NRA flack would say.

The ability of police chiefs to deny a handgun license has not been found to violate the Constitution, so why would an identical provision extended to rifles and shotguns violate it? [rolleyes] Jim Wallace, the executive director of the Gun Owners’ Action League of Massachusetts, told reporters Tuesday that the police chiefs have abused their discretion regarding handguns but it is more likely that they have succeeded in averting potential gun mayhem. A poll in last Sunday’s Boston Globe indicated that support for gun control legislation remains strong in the state so there is no political risk in supporting it.

Complete article... http://www.berkshireeagle.com/editorials/ci_26224186/our-opinion-heed-police-chiefs#disqus_thread

Last edited:
Jim is quoted as saying:
"the police chiefs have abused their discretion regarding handguns but it is more likely that they have succeeded in averting potential gun mayhem."

I don't believe he actually said:
"but it is more likely that they have succeeded in averting potential gun mayhem."

Commas, they can be important.

Jim is quoted as saying:
"the police chiefs have abused their discretion regarding handguns but it is more likely that they have succeeded in averting potential gun mayhem."

I don't believe he actually said:
"but it is more likely that they have succeeded in averting potential gun mayhem."

Commas, they can be important.

I must be slow, but what difference would commas make in Jim's alleged statement? I don't believe he said or meant any of that. Likely an intentional mis-quote.

Please edit his statement, and include the comma omissions, so I can understand. Occasionally I'm blind, regarding things staring me right in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom