• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Review of S2284 (formerly SB 2265)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of this bill allows current and retired LEO to own items that are otherwise unallowed under the AWB.

Are there stats on misuse of firearms by current or, especially, retired LEO? From a mental health perspective, they seem more likely to be subject to restraining orders and so on.

How about the retired Florida Police Captain who shot and killed the guy in the movie theater because he was on the phone?

From FOX news article"

"Ed Davis, and several other chiefs, told FoxNews.com that the organization’s 351 chiefs are willing to work with legislators to find a compromise, but stressed that no one else in the state’s patchwork of towns and communities has a better grasp of who is fit to possess firearms."

The more I read about this damn chief of police association the more I want to vomit. So......the chiefs of police are gonna work with legislators for a comrpomise! WTF! Chiefs are not elected to represent ANYBODY! They enforce laws passed by legislators not help ****ing write and pass them! Every one of those chiefs that went to the state house should be shown the danm door! unreal

This should be emailed to every Rep, Senator and Chief in the State. Good post.
Again, I am not stating police do this as a rule. Just that, as a vocation, they have a FAR higher incident of dv, and other felonies, than other professions. Looking at it like that, and playing devils advocate, one can argue that allowing both the AWB exemption AND discretion, they are, in fact, arming potential criminals, based on credible research. It's also a war on women. And, I'm quite sure, Bush is at fault somewhere there too :)

From FOX news article"

"Ed Davis, and several other chiefs, told FoxNews.com that the organization’s 351 chiefs are willing to work with legislators to find a compromise, but stressed that no one else in the state’s patchwork of towns and communities has a better grasp of who is fit to possess firearms."

The more I read about this damn chief of police association the more I want to vomit. So......the chiefs of police are gonna work with legislators for a comrpomise! WTF! Chiefs are not elected to represent ANYBODY! They enforce laws passed by legislators not help ****ing write and pass them! Every one of those chiefs that went to the state house should be shown the danm door! unreal

Maybe they should also have the right to veto permits for gatherings if someone is a known troublemaker (whatever that is). Can someone say "prior restraint?"

Again, I am not stating police do this as a rule. Just that, as a vocation, they have a FAR higher incident of dv, and other felonies, than other professions. Looking at it like that, and playing devils advocate, one can argue that allowing both the AWB exemption AND discretion, they are, in fact, arming potential criminals, based on credible research. It's also a war on women. And, I'm quite sure, Bush is at fault somewhere there too :)

I understand, but you have also provided some very powerful evidence. And I am moving it around, so thank you just the same.

Ask him if the Chief's of Police should have the right to determine which citizens can exercise their 19th amendment rights.

That's one restriction I could get behind!

Just a thought, if you know a LEO who's on our side talk to them about the suitability issue and ask that they talk to their chief about it, especially if their chief, is one of the jerks standing at the State House demanding more power.

Mine is Cunningham, I have a pretty good relationship with my licensing officer, who I know is on our side. Anyways, I shot him an email this morning telling him how disappointed I was with Cunningham's stance on the issue, asking that he speak to the chief and let him know that at least one resident in town does not approve.

I keep hearing from LEO's that claim to be on our side and I believe that a majority of them are.

It would be nice if that silent majority became a vocal majority.

Just a thought, if you know a LEO who's on our side talk to them about the suitability issue and ask that they talk to their chief about it, especially if their chief, is one of the jerks standing at the State House demanding more power.

Mine is Cunningham, I have a pretty good relationship with my licensing officer, who I know is on our side. Anyways, I shot him an email this morning telling him how disappointed I was with Cunningham's stance on the issue, asking that he speak to the chief and let him know that at least one resident in town does not approve.

I keep hearing from LEO's that claim to be on our side and I believe that a majority of them are.

It would be nice if that silent majority became a vocal majority.

This would be nice, its time some of them stand up for Freedom and Liberty over a Paycheck. And also remind the other chiefs of the Mass Constitutional law that says

Article XVII of the MA State Constitution.

"The people have a right to keep and to bear arms for the common defense."

I have been traveling for work the last couple of weeks so I havnet been able to keep current but isnt this coming down to the wire? I read somewhere that if its not enacted by July 31st the bill can be killed... given where it is in committee is this still a possibility? Its only a week away.

They're trying to keep all guns out of Boston?

[video=youtube_share;6rm_-GPQ6Zs]http://youtu.be/6rm_-GPQ6Zs[/video]

They're trying to keep all guns out of Boston?

[video=youtube_share;6rm_-GPQ6Zs]http://youtu.be/6rm_-GPQ6Zs[/video]
for the love of god why did u post that clip? Now I'm all fired up again about these ****ing chiefs. Really? "For the most part nobody in Boston needs a shotgun or rifle!?!?!?". Who in the ****ing **** gave a police chief the power to decide who needs anything that is guaranteed by the constution? Damn! Now I need a glass of scotch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom