House Passes Democrat Bill Criminalizing Private Gun Sales

The U.S. House of Representatives passed universal background check gun control Thursday, criminalizing private gun sales conducted apart from an FBI background check.

The legislation, H.R. 8, sponsored by Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA), passed by a vote of 227 to 203.

H.R. 8 would expand retail point-of-sale background checks so as to cover private points-of-sale. This will criminalize an individual who sells a 5-shot revolver to a lifelong neighbor, unless that neighbor first undergoes a National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) check, conducted by the FBI.

On Wednesday, bill sponsor Thompson claimed, without evidence, his bill is supported by “90 percent of the American [people].”

H.R. 8 was passed by the House in early 2019 as well, but never taken up by the Republican-controlled Senate. Democrat gains in the current Senate suggest the legislation will be discussed this time around.

Jake f***ing Auchincloss... another Seth Moulton clone.. douchecanoe

also..

03/10/2021-3:55pmPursuant to clause 1(c) of Rule XIX, further consideration of H.R. 8 is postponed.
Action By: House of Representatives

Last edited:
Not to be paranoid or anything, but this is how the nazis, communists, and other totalitarians started. Hopefully they'll lose in the Senate or scotus will shut them down.
And just like early nazi Germany most of the sheep will go along and agree with it, and the courts are a joke.

Not to be paranoid or anything, but this is how the nazis, communists, and other totalitarians started. Hopefully they'll lose in the Senate or scotus will shut them down.
Still waiting on SCOTUS to stop the “hEaLy bAn” from 2016 that everyone (self included lol) thought would be stopped... but we all know that’s not going to happen.

Wait until they figure out how hard it is to enforce this crap and require NICS checks to be done by private individuals.

I could be pure-D wrong, but I suspect the Senate will dramatically change the bill. Suddenly, there will be much discussion and concern. Lots of head-shaking and finger-waggling. The bill will die in committee trying to be ironed out.

They have NO MEANS to actually implement this. It would be tantamount to a national "traceable ammo" bill. Do you think the ATF has the resources to field all of those calls???? Track all of that info????? It's a de facto ban at that point and wouldn't' stand up to any judicial scrutiny.

Maybe I'm the rosy picture around here. We all hope I'm right. I just see a pile of seats flipping off of D in key areas based on a vote for this.

Wait until they figure out how hard it is to enforce this crap and require NICS checks to be done by private individuals.

It is all part of the Democratic plan, they will simply expand government and hire more people to manage and enforce this. And then when they still can't manage and enforce it, they will start talking about confiscation and reducing the number of guns in the hands of private citizens so that it is "manageable" .

Last edited:
It's a de facto ban at that point and wouldn't' stand up to any judicial scrutiny.
Larches! Standing! Moot!

The DNC just arbitrarily and non-legislatively changed state election laws and the response of the courts was to ignore it. Do you really think the 2A will be any different?

SCotUS will rule on whether tranny sex offenders have a taxpayer funded right to read to Catholic school libraries while eventually getting around to ignoring any of these challenges after years of said challenges sauntering through lower courts with no sense of urgency.

Next up is H.R. 1112 that eliminates the dealer's option to proceed after a 3-day delay from NICS.

🐯

Passed that one too. No surprise.

The House passed the Enhanced Backgrounds Checks Act by a vote of 219-210 Thursday, a bill that would allow the FBI to put a hold on transferring a firearm for a minimum of 10 days and up to 30 days, rather than the three days currently allowed by law.

Sponsored by South Carolina Rep. James Clyburn, H.R. 1446 claims to fix the “Charleston Loophole” which allows a firearm to be transferred to an individual if there is no denial of a background check within 3 days.

Typically, a background check response is received by Federal Firearms Licensees within minutes, but delays sometimes occur due to slow system response, anomalies in the individual’s background or multiple people with the same name.

In an effort to avoid violating Americans’ Second Amendment rights, if a denial is not received within a 3 day hold, the licensee can transfer the gun to the customer, essentially protecting law-abiding gun owners’ Constitutional rights against government’s delayed background check response.

Under H.R. 1446, the hold would be extended from three days to a minimum of 10 business days, and up to 30 business days.

The passage of H.R. 1446 comes moments after the House voted in favorof the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021 (H.R. 8) with a vote of 227-203.

House passes second gun control bill extending FBI holds on gun transfers https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/03/house-passes-second-gun-control-bill-extending-fbi-holds-on-gun-transfers/

Larches! Standing! Moot!

The DNC just arbitrarily and non-legislatively changed state election laws and the response of the courts was to ignore it. Do you really think the 2A will be any different?

SCotUS will rule on whether tranny sex offenders have a taxpayer funded right to read to Catholic school libraries while eventually getting around to ignoring any of these challenges after years of said challenges sauntering through lower courts with no sense of urgency.
As far as I know, the creepy sounding "For The People Act" HR1 has yet to go through the Senate and become law. Still very concerning that there was no comment from the courts. I'm sure SCOTUS would be happy to let 2A issues perpetually swirl around in the toilet bowls of the lower courts or just ignore them as the current congress wipes its ass with the Constitution.

All liberals and probably most Donks believe that the Constitution is outdated if not obsolete and to be ignored for the greater good. Marxist educators have been shoving this crap down kid's throats for years, to the point they all believe it is true.

Cue malicious compliance.
JOE: Hi ATF, I'd like to transfer this gun to Bob.
BOB: Hi ATF, I'd like to transfer this gun to Joe.

Rinse, repeat....but always decide on price after the check. Oh, can't agree. Ok, try again in 5 min. If 2 people generate 20-30 checks a day. Imagine 1000s of people. When does it implode?

Cue malicious compliance.
JOE: Hi ATF, I'd like to transfer this gun to Bob.
BOB: Hi ATF, I'd like to transfer this gun to Joe.

Rinse, repeat....but always decide on price after the check. Oh, can't agree. Ok, try again in 5 min. If 2 people generate 20-30 checks a day. Imagine 1000s of people. When does it implode?
It implodes on us, for as long as 30 days according to this bill.

LOL. When all of the dems, that bought guns, in the last two years, discover that they can't sell them, to valid LTC holders now, dems gonna be pissed. They'll be more pissed, when they find that their party just legislated, more money out of their dem pockets, since they must now pay commission to sell their guns.

Back
Top Bottom