• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

But at some point its future counterpart won't be.

Only meaningful if the dems take house and senate and want to burn up a shitload of political capital to pass it.

I'm not concerned about the obvious "ban everything" legislative attacks, those will be stopped pretty easy. It's the sleazeball reach-around stuff that often
happens in congress, things like the Hughes Amendment, etc. I can easily foresee some stupidity like a one liner to change fed law for
semiautomatic rifle/shotguns to be 21+, or an attempt at introducing UBC that way, etc. And watch- NRA will pander and gladhand them when they
do it making a concession on something dumb/worthless. (it ain't going to be national reciprocity either).

-Mike

This is just empty virtue-signaling from a handful of anti-moonbats. It doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of going anywhere in a Republican controlled congress, but these f**ckwits get to wave this around when midterms comes around. They never would have proposed this when Obama was president because it would have crashed and burned equally as badly, but now they get to blame Republicans for obstructing gun-control and supporting babies getting kiltinthestreets.

The dems brought up AWB renewals at least like twice during Obamas time but even Pelosi wouldn't rubber stamp it because it was too politically
costly. Even when they had the majority it didn't go very far, because they feared the obvious huge downstream political repercussions.

I actually hope they "wave it around during midterms" because if their non moonbat opponents are smart, they'll use it as an incentive to fire up the non moonbat voter base.... at least in the states where RKBA can potentially have a huge effect on swinging an election.

-Mike

Yea, but wait until the 2018 elections are over, if we lose, we are in big trouble.
No not really, unless we have like 10 more mass shootings in the meanwhile. Despite the media narrative, there is actually no popular support for new bans and ever the democratic part is split about it. Even if we lose one or both of the houses, Donnyboy still has veto power and also there is still the SCOUTS hammer poised and ready to smash down this horseshit if it spread to the fed level.
The real trouble is probably in 2020.

Hopefully the proposed version won't be what passes now that trump is on board with it. We're depending on congressional republicans to dial it back, but some of the funding seems to be receding so I'm not confident at all.

No not really, unless we have like 10 more mass shootings in the meanwhile. Despite the media narrative, there is actually no popular support for new bans and ever the democratic part is split about it. Even if we lose one or both of the houses, Donnyboy still has veto power and also there is still the SCOUTS hammer poised and ready to smash down this horseshit if it spread to the fed level.

Did you hear Trumps comments today during the gun get together, sounded like John Kerry

Did you hear Trumps comments today during the gun get together, sounded like John Kerry
I didn't but it doesn't surprise me. Trump says dumb shit all the time, but so far his policy has been generally soundly conservative. It's like his DACA meeting comments, he was basically taking the Dem. position until the Reps. were like woah there settle down. I don't trust that Donny gives a shit about anything, but you can rely on him to act in his self interest. If he goes against 2A he's be turning his back on his base and he's F'ed in the A with a giant D.

Our esteemed representative Comrade Keating was bragging about signing onto this bill today on WXTK on the Cape. If the dems in red or purple states are as proud as Comrade K, it could make for interesting midterms. Meanwhile, in the PROM we will continue to eat s**t. Thank you, Comrades.

BTW Comrade Fauxahontis, didn’t your tribe use deadly assault lever action rifles in defense of their homelands from thr extraordinary racist palefaces? How is your gun banning philosophy going to play outside of the PROM?

I dunno. SCOTUS should be on our side, especially if Trump gets to put 1 or 2 more justices on the bench. But Justice Thomas barked at the bench for refusing to take on more 2A cases. There's something to be said for that if they aren't hearing cases that effect our rights.

I hope the Marlin 60 semi-auto assault rifle is included in that list. It's about time that military rifle/killing machine is taken off the street!

Crap. I'm not ready to part with my 75 year old M1 Garand yet. o_O

Liberals are inherently stupid. They are opportunists that are incapable of analyzing historical data. Every time in the past that they've pushed hard on gun control they lose big in the next election, almost without exception. Bunch a morons.

Lets be honest folks.....does anyone actually believe that Trump will sign AWB part II? It would quite literally be the end of his re-election hopes.....which he just announced this am

That depends on what he has for breakfast the day it hits his desk.

They should combine this wonderful bill with a bill asking for the next elected Democratic president to rule for the rest of his/her life, just like communist party of China is doing right now. That way every citizen will get the message.

You read ahead in their program!

I hope Ryan brings it up for a vote as is, so the commies can go on record.
This. They propose this crap to say they "tried" but the GOP wouldn't even bring it to a vote. Without going to a vote, it will never be fully reported on by newspapers or news (not that they would report it accurately). Trust me, the Dems don't actually want this bill discussed as it would turn many in their own party against them and also rile up the voters on the right. This bill would "get the vote out" on the right - something the Dems fear.

This. They propose this crap to say they "tried" but the GOP wouldn't even bring it to a vote. Without going to a vote, it will never be fully reported on by newspapers or news (not that they would report it accurately). Trust me, the Dems don't actually want this bill discussed as it would turn many in their own party against them and also rile up the voters on the right. This bill would "get the vote out" on the right - something the Dems fear.

I'm not convinced of this - polls show a STRONG Democratic base supporting a total-ban of Semi-Autos. They don't know anything about guns, so they're not able to distinguish a semi-auto 'this' from a semi-auto 'that', and if you think Trump does, I have a condo in his Tower to sell you cheap. If Repubs lose Congress, all sorts of 'interesting' things will get run up the flagpole - Trump is a populist, he'll support whatever gets him the most Twitter 'likes'.

I'm not convinced of this - polls show a STRONG Democratic base supporting a total-ban of Semi-Autos. They don't know anything about guns, so they're not able to distinguish a semi-auto 'this' from a semi-auto 'that', and if you think Trump does, I have a condo in his Tower to sell you cheap. If Repubs lose Congress, all sorts of 'interesting' things will get run up the flagpole - Trump is a populist, he'll support whatever gets him the most Twitter 'likes'.

You make some interesting points, some valid, some not. Are the polls showing strong support from Dems for a semi-auto ban from the same pollsters that predicted HRC winning on November 8, 2016? [laugh]

Can you provide a cite to back up your statement that Trump doesn't know the difference between " a semi-auto this from a semi-auto that"?

WRT the Dems, are they not populists that vote with the political wind? If their polls say ban all semis, they will introduce legislation for that knowing it will not go anywhere. Whereas, when the Dems controlled the Congress during the Obama years, they were scared shit to do anything wrt banning guns.

Last edited:
Good , keep it up .
The more off the rails shit that drools out of their mouths the better.
Let's see the talking points they have blow out of the water in the last few weeks.

"You don't need a gun, the police will protect you." Think anyone will buy that line of crap again ?

"No one is trying to take away your guns ." Not even trying to hide it anymore.

Ever done something on impulse that you knew was going to bite you later ?
They just did it.

This time to involve kicking and screaming! Yay!

Lock them in and conduct congressional sessions elsewhere. There's nothing in the Constitution which mandates congress to only conduct sessions at the capitol building, only that there be enough members present for an appropriately sized quorum. Congress could meet in parking lot outside a Costco in folding chairs if the leadership had enough members present for a quorum.

A congresscritter needs to propose a bill to "REGULATE" the 1st for dems No more computers, only ink well and quill, plus all print will be typeset by hand. And no slush find to pay off their groping victims.

I tried to scan the bill in the OP. Looks like an AWB with a 1-feature test. Hard to tell. So might not be a true "semi-automatic weapon ban".

From the bill:
The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:

‘‘(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
‘‘(i) A pistol grip.
‘‘(ii) A forward grip.
‘‘(iii) A folding, telescoping, or detachablestock.
‘‘(iv) A grenade launcher or rocket launcher.
‘‘(v) A barrel shroud.
‘‘(vi) A threaded barrel.

‘‘(B) A semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed
magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10
rounds, except for an attached tubular device de-
signed to accept, and capable of operating only with,
.22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

‘‘(C) Any part, combination of parts, compo
nent, device, attachment, or accessory that is de-
signed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of
a semiautomatic rifle but not convert the semiauto-
matic rifle into a machinegun.

... continues on with Pistols...
How does one go about attaching a rocket launcher to their rifle? If anybody has an answer I think I have a new "Because I can" NFA item I want. I had to look it up and make sure nobody made something stupid that I didn't know about just to be sure.

Midterms are gonna be a bloodbath!!!

On gun control I believe the GOP will take a beating in the midterm elections. The left has the momentum and the numbers to get the job done. And to add insult to injury, I'm sure by then many of our trusted GOP leaders will be jumping ship in order to get much needed votes. At least we know the democrats are dirt bags, so we already know what to expect from them. But when someone we trusted and voted for turns on us, well that really pisses me off !!!

On gun control I believe the GOP will take a beating in the midterm elections. The left has the momentum and the numbers to get the job done. And to add insult to injury, I'm sure by then many of our trusted GOP leaders will be jumping ship in order to get much needed votes. At least we know the democrats are dirt bags, so we already know what to expect from them. But when someone we trusted and voted for turns on us, well that really pisses me off !!!
NEVER ever trust any politician!!!

I don't know about the midterms. If that school shooting didn't happen, I think the Dems would have picked up more seats. I only say that because of Vermont and more to come before November. I think even the Fudds now know what's at stake. I could be wrong but I don't believe anything the media wants to make us believe. I'll always use November 2016 as my example. According to them, Hill's should've won in a landslide

Back
Top Bottom