• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

Of course it was little crybaby Cicilline who introduced it. If this guy gets re-elected when it comes around again, it would be a very bad thing for the State of Corruption

Should be prosecuted for violation of his oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution. I'm good with the death penalty after due process and conviction

This can go pretty wide. Notice they now say that a removable-magazine semiautomatic rifle with a "detachable stock" is an "assault weapon".

I can remove the stock on every rifle I own, black or walnut. Do you now have to have your wood stock pinned to the receiver?

Last edited:
I just flipped thought the bill, they exempt guns at the end that include pump, lever, bolt and single shot; I thought this was for Semi-Auto's. I am torn whether I should tell my reps to support this or just ignore it.

I don't want it passed, but I can't see the SCOTUS not taking it up if passed. Let's just get on with it - they want a full ban (obviously) and we think no ban is more in line with the founders, it's time to hash this out once and for all.

I just flipped thought the bill, they exempt guns at the end that include pump, lever, bolt and single shot; I thought this was for Semi-Auto's. I am torn whether I should tell my reps to support this or just ignore it.

I don't want it passed, but I can't see the SCOTUS not taking it up if passed. Let's just get on with it - they want a full ban (obviously) and we think no ban is more in line with the founders, it's time to hash this out once and for all.
By no means is it a given that SCOTUS will shoot this down, and that could be a decade away, if they even take it up.

Thinking about this more over coffee, the "the capacity to accept" language is going to ban any autoloading hand guns with accessory rails capable of receiving foregrips. DNC is being very weasily with language being more expansive then noticeable at a glance.

By no means is it a given that SCOTUS will shoot this down, and that could be a decade away, if they even take it up.

True, but at least the FUDDs might wake up and when they have 5% compliance; what do they do? No way of knowing how many bump stocks are out there so they can claim success - they will know that 'X' amount were made and they have X-95% compliance.

It is a dangerous gamble, but would you rather we end up in the same place in 30 years or get there now when we can do something about it and our kids will be out of it.

The, "the capacity to accept" language makes even the 1 feature test dubious as someone like Healey could argue that any receiver capable of being dropped into a different stock which may accommodate features has "the capacity to accept" a detachable mag plus the verboten fruit.

I believe "capacity" only applies to the magazine, and not the one feature, but it's not crystal clear.

So if I read this correctly, my nice (relatively) new Mossberg JM 930 that I bought for 3GUN would now be an "assault weapon" because it has a fixed magazine that accepts more than 5 shells.
All of my AR's are "assault weapons" of course.

Oh just go F yourselves.
Sending checks to SAF and the NRA. Calling my senators and representatives.

This is very similar to DACA, the Dems poison the well so nothing happens and Trump and the GOP can be blamed. btw: Let DACA die, they were offered a magnitude more than what they have now and refused, let it die and the deportations to commence.

Since the Supreme Court decided to let the 2nd and 9th court decide DACA will be punted until the fall right in time for midterms, I’m hoping it doesn’t happen but just my own opinion. I think it’s looking good for the Dems come midterms. I think voter turnout is going to be huge so hopefully the Republican turnout is equally as large along with the independents who lean Republican.

Its a good sign that even 50 dems didn't sign on. I hope they keep it up nice and strong before the mid terms.

Mike

+1. They are making a large bet that the rest of America wants this kind of thing, and they are pushing it knowing full well this will fail so they can grandstand at the midterms. I hope they keep it up, maybe even kick it up a notch, because this will destroy them if they do.

Yeah propose a wholesale ban and confiscation. PLEASE. I beg them. I'm more than mildly annoyed at Healey though. I'd like to buy 5-10 lower receivers just as an F you.

Mike

Can you say 80%? Today’s jigs are so easy, anyone can do it. Further, with a bit of thought, you could modify to M-16 internal dimensions. I know, bad - illegal - BATFE, but if you decide to violate a new law that can land you in prison for life - why worry?

If I'm reading this correctly, any transfer of a grandfathered "semiautomatic assault weapon"
must go through a licensee, and a background check conducted.

Say goodbye to private sales/transfers of covered weapons in this state

10 SEC. 5. BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR TRANSFERS OF GRAND11
FATHERED SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAP12
ONS.
13 (a) IN GENERAL.—Section 922 of title 18, United
14 States Code, as amended by this Act, is amended—
15 (1) by repealing subsection (s);
16 (2) by redesignating subsection (t) as sub17
section (s);
18 (3) in subsection (s), as redesignated—
19 (A) in paragraph (3)(C)(ii), by striking
20 ‘‘(as defined in subsection (s)(8))’’; and
21 (B) by adding at the end the following:
22 ‘‘(7) In this subsection, the term ‘chief law en23
forcement officer’ means the chief of police, the
24 sheriff, or an equivalent officer or the designee of
25 any such individual.’’; and
(4) by inserting after subsection (s), as redesignated, the following:
3 ‘‘(t)(1) Beginning on the date that is 90 days after
4 the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of
5 2018, it shall be unlawful for any person who is not li6
censed under this chapter to transfer a grandfathered
7 semiautomatic assault weapon to any other person who is
8 not licensed under this chapter, unless a licensed importer,
9 licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer has first taken
10 custody of the grandfathered semiautomatic assault weap11
on for the purpose of complying with subsection (s). Upon
12 taking custody of the grandfathered semiautomatic assault
13 weapon, the licensee shall comply with all requirements of
14 this chapter as if the licensee were transferring the grand15
fathered semiautomatic assault weapon from the licensee’s
16 inventory to the unlicensed transferee.

So if I read this correctly, my nice (relatively) new Mossberg JM 930 that I bought for 3GUN would now be an "assault weapon" because it has a fixed magazine that accepts more than 5 shells.
Well, who would ever need more than 5 shotgun shells?[/SARC] However, a number of 930 models are exempted by name.

Still, this is straight up "How many can we get?" legislation. It makes interesting reading to go through the page after page of exempted-by-name firearms, apparently thrown in to pick off the "Oh, well, at least my gun is safe" crowd.

Reading further, it also looks to impose Massachusetts-style storage regulations nationwide.

Last edited:
If I'm reading this correctly, any transfer of a grandfathered "semiautomatic assault weapon"
must go through a licensee, and a background check conducted.

Say goodbye to private sales/transfers of covered weapons in this state

There’s no way they’d give up MIRCS either. Redundancy and incompetence are gold in a land of bureaucracy.

Hopefully the GOP members keep their backbone. However i do not trust them. Seeing how the political climate is and potential fallout. I wouldnt be surprised to see some sell us out if they thought it could win them votes.

Hopefully the GOP members keep their backbone. However i do not trust them. Seeing how the political climate is and potential fallout. I wouldnt be surprised to see some sell us out if they thought it could win them votes.

the train has sailed on that a long time ago, how is that Barry care repeal going?

So we finally have confirmation! Exempted is, "Ruger Mini-14 (w/o folding or telescoping stock or pistol grip") so, indeed, killy stock and massacre grip DOES make a mini 14 more dangerous! Our government has solved this enduring mystery once and for all.

Also, is there something I'm missing here in terms of the legality of rocket launchers? They go to great pains to ban them so I'm assuming I can legally purchase them at any walmart today.

Doubt it will pass, I think they're overreaching. If it does pass, the shit will not hit the fan...maybe if they went for confiscation...MAYBE...but outside of that no way.

Back
Top Bottom