• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

So we finally have confirmation! Exempted is, "Ruger Mini-14 (w/o folding or telescoping stock or pistol grip") so, indeed, killy stock and massacre grip DOES make a mini 14 more dangerous! Our government has solved this enduring mystery once and for all.

Also, is there something I'm missing here in terms of the legality of rocket launchers? They go to great pains to ban them so I'm assuming I can legally purchase them at any walmart today.

Doubt it will pass, I think they're overreaching. If it does pass, the shit will not hit the fan...maybe if they went for confiscation...MAYBE...but outside of that no way.

Good luck, just like the 4 Bump Stocks that were turned in lol.. Only A Few Bump Stocks Turned In To Police Despite Massachusetts Ban

Lets be honest folks.....does anyone actually believe that Trump will sign AWB part II?

It would quite literally be the end of his re-election hopes.....which he just announced this am

No, but shit like this just instigates the panic buying even more, so now when the dust settles and all is said and done, and there are even more "weapons of mass destruction out on the streets", we can thank the gun grabbers for it. [banana][banana][banana]

I'm guessing that democrats are hoping and praying that this is the issue that delivers victories? If not, then it's going to blow up in their faces. Interesting that they included some S&W weapons. I wonder if S&W will get off their asses and do something?
Here in MA, S&W filled a section of the auditorium in Springfield at the AIC hearing back in 2013. Their CEO and others provided public testimony to support our side.

Is that a bad thing?

In the short term it's a PITA when ammo is swept of the shelves within minutes, and parts that
that you could once go online and have dozens of offerings to choose from, are sold out/out of stock, etc.
I don't think it will be as bad as when Obama was in office, but all it takes is a few people to get the
ball rolling and others will follow either out of fear or of being shut out, or those looking to buy and
sell at a profit.

In the long term there's some satisfaction in knowing that the grabbers scheme backfired on them. [devil]

Is that a bad thing?

You're close brother, I'm sure you've heard Remington filed bankruptcy a few weeks back? As well as ALL gun stocks have been dropping and dropping hard since Trumps Election. We also know TPTB own many of these stocks ( Hypocrites ) which pads ( The hypocrites ) Pensions. BOOM! and unfortunate tragedy happens ( GUN CONTROL WE NEED GUN CONTROL!!! ) What happens now to the ( Hypocrites ) stock portfolios? Why they rise of course and everyone ( Sick ) is happy again. So they ban a few pieces of plastic ( See we are working hard to keep you safe ) and once again panic ensues and everyone goes out and buys their 10th AR-15 and 10 million rounds of .22 and production is once again running full steam ahead.

I hope Ive cleared it up for you.

( PS I bet the Wilmington gun show this weekend will be standing room only )

The good news is that the people that were largely motivated to vote in the midterms were anti-gun anyway, so this bill doesn't galvanize any new voter other than those of us who were otherwise ambivalent but hate gun control. So for this I am happy. However I am concerned that if 1 or 2+ more shootings happen there will be more RINOs and Blue Dog dems willing to go for this...."We're not taking anyones guns, hunting, revolvers, how many dead children, et al".

They should combine this wonderful bill with a bill asking for the next elected Democratic president to rule for the rest of his/her life, just like communist party of China is doing right now. That way every citizen will get the message. [grenade]

just like communist party of China is doing right now. That way every citizen will get the message. [grenade]

I love that there's articles about this now...as if it made any difference at all in a one party system. Besides that, whatever stooge they get, they're still just carrying out the will of the politburo.

So if I read this correctly, my nice (relatively) new Mossberg JM 930 that I bought for 3GUN would now be an "assault weapon" because it has a fixed magazine that accepts more than 5 shells.
All of my AR's are "assault weapons" of course.

Oh just go F yourselves.
Sending checks to SAF and the NRA. Calling my senators and representatives.

Sections 22 and 23 discusses "grandfathered assault weapons"

Since the Supreme Court decided to let the 2nd and 9th court decide DACA will be punted until the fall right in time for midterms, I’m hoping it doesn’t happen but just my own opinion. I think it’s looking good for the Dems come midterms. I think voter turnout is going to be huge so hopefully the Republican turnout is equally as large along with the independents who lean Republican.
Was looking really good for Dems until all of the Dem Senators up for re-election in states that Trump won now have to deal with 2A.

What happened two weeks ago is still an emotional topic. Once that wears off and people in these red states have to weigh whether or not to re-elect someone that thinks that they are safer by forcibly turning in their best means of self defense in a increasingly dangerous and unpredictable world and make a decision on who to vote for...

This is just empty virtue-signaling from a handful of anti-moonbats. It doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of going anywhere in a Republican controlled congress, but these f**ckwits get to wave this around when midterms comes around. They never would have proposed this when Obama was president because it would have crashed and burned equally as badly, but now they get to blame Republicans for obstructing gun-control and supporting babies getting kiltinthestreets.

This is just empty virtue-signaling from a handful of anti-moonbats. It doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of going anywhere in a Republican controlled congress, but these f**ckwits get to wave this around when midterms comes around. They never would have proposed this when Obama was president because it would have crashed and burned equally as badly, but now they get to blame Republicans for obstructing gun-control and supporting babies getting kiltinthestreets.

Yea, but wait until the 2018 elections are over, if we lose, we are in big trouble.

Why is anyone focusing on this at all

Its DOA....

House leadership isnt going to let it see the light of day

Not only that but even the senate is treating the subject as plutonium and will only discuss NICS enhancements.....

BTW Cornyn needs to be retired in his next primary (2020)

McConnell too.....treasonous turds

Senate GOP says gun debate will focus on background check records

Let them focus on this crap it keeps them busy and not screwing up other stuff

This bill is actually refreshing when it comes to election time. Pelosi and the co-sponsors will be running ads saying "The only way this bill will pass is if you vote Democrat in 2018". And Republicans will be running the with exact same message.

If Democrats want to argue that we need to put our trust in the police who ignored 37 different tips, actively prevented florida's equivalent of DCYF from getting negative information on the shooter, and ran away when the actual shooting started instead of trusting ourselves, let them.

Back
Top Bottom