Home Security & Protection.

N.E. CHARTERS

Banned
I got a Dog and then I put in a wireless dog fence and cut a groove in my new hot top driveway and cemented over it.

She keeps walking trough it. So now Im going to dig a few hundred holes and put in a few hundred fence post$$$$ and welded wire garden fence but Im still thinking of adding some electric cattle fenceing just for good measure.

Now this year I need to get the driveway paved again.

Any Idea of how to keep the dog from running out of the driveway?

Capt Walt

mastiff_lg.jpg

Ever hear of a lead, dear one? There's gotta be someplace you can attach it to in order to keep the pup in the yard.

The electric collar doesn't do it? That's pretty surprising. Maybe turn up the intensity a little? Seems like you'd be having to go through a lot of unnecessary pain just for one dog.

Lead, yea I tried that

Lead, yea I tried that. But I only lashed on about 100 pounds of it to the dogs collar. My wife said any more than that would be considered wantful waste of good lead.

Having electric fence around the whole yard is most likly a good idea. They sell it in different caliburs: Your got the Dog, Cat, Horse,Cattle,Possum,Bear,Pond Critter and Other Animals power levels even have a American Buffalo/Bison And Beefalo model!

They even have a handheld model which would be handy riding on the T

m2_front_side.jpg

Any other handy home security tips?

1) Photo Sensors on the driveay that light up flood/spotlights if you break both sensors . (How to Keeps them from lighting up when Im driving thru them, unless I want them to?)

P.S. The electric Collar DOES work. Hurts like hell when you hold it to test it. Just dont work on the dog.

Last edited:
I have an electric training collar for my dog, sometimes the contacts don't go all the way to the skin if their fur is thick enough. I know on the collar part, I had to attach longer posts. That did the trick.

On the driveway, it may be too wide for the edge sensors to really set off the collar zapping. If it stops the dog in all of the other places, but not the driveway, the signal may not be strong enough in the driveway sensor to go through the cemented over part and trigger the zap.

Back
Top Bottom