• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holyoke shootout hits pregnant woman riding on city bus, killing her baby

My question is:

If SHE got shot in the head and died - could the EMT's have delivered the baby alive???

My question is:

If SHE got shot in the head and died - could the EMT's have delivered the baby alive???
Anything is possible but I'm going with no...or at least extremely unlikely. EMT's generally not equipped to do a C-section.
Experienced paramedics that happen to be close enough, had the right equipment, (maybe under the direction of a doc)....very long shot.
General procedure is CPR and book it to the nearest ER.

My training is decades old, so if others have different thoughts I'd be curious to hear.

PS "delivered" is kind of misnomer. If the mother dies, labor doesn't start. It's more of a manual extraction. If memory serves when dealing with a pregnant woman the duty for care is to the mother. I was always told that I did not have the training needed to declare someone dead, and as such my duty of care was to the mother....CPR...quick ride to ER..

Last edited:
This happened about a mile from my shop. It happened in front of one of my customer's (good guy) family market, and one of the shooters was another customer of mine... He was just arrested about a month ago on firearms charges and released. He was definitely a dealer, always paid with cash, multiple phones, we only had his girlfriends phone number.

My question is:

No. As mentioned it wasn't and even under your scenario would not be a delivery, but a surgery. Not gong to happen in the field, and certainly not by someone that is not a surgeon.

This happened about a mile from my shop. It happened in front of one of my customer's (good guy) family market, and one of the shooters was another customer of mine... He was just arrested about a month ago on firearms charges and released. He was definitely a dealer, always paid with cash, multiple phones, we only had his girlfriends phone number.

Nothing will change ever, until those who are releasing these animals back on to the streets are held accountable.

Is the girlfriend hot?

My question is:

We don’t know the gestational age of the foetus. Could have been less than 24 weeks and premature deliveries are always risky when you have a 600 gram premie.

We don’t know the gestational age of the foetus. Could have been less than 24 weeks and premature deliveries are always risky when you have a 600 gram premie.
Going out on a limb here, if the mother died, and baby survived... I have a feeling we would be footing that kids bills for 28 years.

Why did you do business with him?

Because I had no reason not to do business with him. He was always nice and polite with us, no different than any other person in holyoke. We of course had our suspicions about what he did, but no proof. I didn't find out about the prior arrest until after the shooting and talking to some LE friends. I'm not going to refuse doing business with someone just because they pay cash and have multiple cell phones.

Because I had no reason not to do business with him. He was always nice and polite with us, no different than any other person in holyoke. We of course had our suspicions about what he did, but no proof. I didn't find out about the prior arrest until after the shooting and talking to some LE friends. I'm not going to refuse doing business with someone just because they pay cash and have multiple cell phones.
I take it your business is not a firearms business?

Frank

lol, he has a Jeep Repair shop

on a side note: not to steal thunder but: I did taxes for a person convicted of attempted murder, that was kinda cool, well, not really but......
Would be interesting to do the taxes of someone like a contract killer, see what tools of the trade they try and deduct [laugh] I'm sure they would follow all the IRS rules of reporting income :)

I’m not sure how they can charge him with murder for the death of a fetus. Perhaps because they delivered it and then declared it dead?

I know they did the same in the Charles Stuart case, but that child lived for some time (30 or so days).

The guy is a known hooligan with previous firearm charges and you think it would be a good move to refuse to do business with him?

I am not going to start any kind of hassle with someone like that. I might try to shy away and discourage his business, but I am not going to refuse it.

Back
Top Bottom