• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holsters

Anyone know of any good local (new England) custom leather holster makers?

I would like a nice holster for my G20. And would rather support the local guys.

Thanks.

I was looking (and stil am) for a good IWB hoster.
I carry Sig p238 however recently I decided to go with .40 cal S&W and use Shield.
After quite few types tested (with various guns: P232, Glock 23, 27 and finally SW Shield .40) I have Raven with J-Hooks and N82 Pro.
590A7958.jpg 590A7962.jpg 590A7965.jpg 590A7969.jpg 590A7967.jpg
The RAVEN holster is very well done for the Shield, but very expensive and each "accessory" costs a lot of money. Just two J-Hooks are $25.
The N82 Pro holster is very nicely made, however its release "twist" is not very comfortable for my use. Its simply to difficult to draw a gun quickly. Great for carry, very comfortable - not so practical in a critical moment of need.

I think I will stick to Raven, not sure what mounts going to use. J-Hooks seems to be working fine for now.

Last edited:
Local Holster Maker - CCW, Tactical, and Range Holsters

You can order online at www.keyholeholsters.com or send me a PM.

Thank you for considering Keyhole Holsters for your next Conceal Carry, Tactical, and Range solution.

Attachments

• color_options.jpg
    color_options.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 102
  • glock 26 pocket holster and glock 19 iwb holster.jpg
    glock 26 pocket holster and glock 19 iwb holster.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Kydex Holsters.jpg
    Kydex Holsters.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Hi -
So I thought this was the right thread to introduce my company, Keyhole Holsters. I am a local guy, a one man show, hand crafting holsters out of Kydex. I use quality materials/hardware, and stand behind my work. If you are not 100% satisfied, your money will be refunded.
I specialize in Pocket, IWB, and OWB holsters, and have a wide selection of colors.
View attachment 44954
You can order online at www.keyholeholsters.com or send me a PM.
View attachment 44955
Thank you for considering Keyhole Holsters for your next Conceal Carry, Tactical, and Range solution.

They look good. Your website mentions "Quick Clip" and "Tuck-n-Hide Belt Clip" options for the Covert IWB, but your website's pics do not include them. I'd like to see side view pics of the Covert IWB (to be able to assess the thickness, and the grip tuck), and pics of the clip options. Thank you.

They look good. Your website mentions "Quick Clip" and "Tuck-n-Hide Belt Clip" options for the Covert IWB, but your website's pics do not include them. I'd like to see side view pics of the Covert IWB (to be able to assess the thickness, and the grip tuck), and pics of the clip options. Thank you.

Hi Wendell,
Thank you for pointing this out. I've added some info onto the site: http://www.keyholeholsters.com/iwb-belt-attachment-option/

Here are a few pics of the 2 different clip options.
Tuck-N-Hide belt hook.jpg Rapid On-Off belt clip.jpg

Just picked up a Foxx Holster for my G27; for the price I'm very happy with it - Basically the same product as Crossbreed (which I also have for another weapon) Could buy 2 Foxx for the price of 1 Super-tuck

Simply Rugged Holsters out of Arizona. Great Leather, customer service, and turnaround time. Just wanted to add them to the list. Rob came highly recommended on the Ruger forums. See my other posts for photos of a nice simple belt/Cattleman combo with my GP100.

Looking for a OWB holster for a 686 4inch for open carry around the range, any recommendations? Preferably one under 60 dollars.

Looking for a OWB holster for a 686 4inch for open carry around the range, any recommendations? Preferably one under 60 dollars.

Not under $60, but Lobo gun leather makes a very good pancake holster. If you want kydex, Ready Tactical makes a good kydex holster.

Last edited:
Great Kydex Holsters

I have two Kydex holsters from Game Face Holsters in New Hampshire.http://gamefaceholsters.com Their service and delivery times are are very good . They have both IWB and OWB styles on their website.Prices are reasonable and quality is excellent.

Last edited:
Have a Foxx Trapp IWB on order for my SR9c. Ray (owner) gonna tweak one made for the SR40c for me. I wanted something easy on/off and one I could easily switch to crossdraw position while in the car.

Blue Ridge Holsters a great company!

I recently ordered a holster through Blue Ridge Holsters.

I have to say the workmanship and material of the holster was A class. I ordered a holster for my Glock 19 and the turn around on the holster was incredibly fast (just a few days from order to receipt).

For those folks looking for a great company, I'd strongly recommend Blue Ridge: Blue Ridge Holsters

A final note: the folks @ Blue Ridge have also donated their products to NES for charitable causes. Anyone that supports us is, IMHO, deserving of our business. Check them out!

Just got one of these Gould & Goodrich holsters for my M&P 9MM ~

View attachment 75021

Fits my side and shirt real nice and seems to be made pretty well, I am in the process of twisting it up and getting it soft around the belt area.

Tim ~ [grin]

Ok so I bought that holster up above, I have been wearing it and getting used to it being there, no gun to put into it yet, but it should be soon, any who * I have found that the leather against my skin is a bit sticky, I don't wear undershirts, has anyone ever put any kind of a liner on the back of theirs, I was thinking like an iron on Terri cloth type material.

Tim ~ [grin]

- - - Updated - - -

From what I hear, Alessi isn't up to par since Lou died. Some of the folks who used to work at Alessi started up Ritchie Leather. I haven't tried any of their gear (I've pretty much gone over to kydex these days): Ritchie Leather Co., Inc: Amherst, NY

- - - Updated - - -

From what I hear, Alessi isn't up to par since Lou died. Some of the folks who used to work at Alessi started up Ritchie Leather. I haven't tried any of their gear (I've pretty much gone over to kydex these days): http://www.ritchieholsters.com/

Alessi is not what it used to be. I was a loyal customer. Ritchie makes a very good product. I tried one and I liked it. My new go to maker is Burdette Custom Holsters. http://www.burdettecustomholsters.com/index.html

with many more photos on his Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/BurdetteCustomHolsters

I just ordered my third. He is a true custom holster maker and will listen to what you want. So far he has made 2 items for me he had never done before. I can easily say his quality is right up there with people like Andy Aratoonian who I have always considered the best. Doyle is as good and service is better as are his prices.

i have never tried his Kydex because I buy that exclusively from Talon Tactical.

Just sent a pm about adding Mika Holster to the list.

It's a great pocket holster for only around $30. There is about a month wait list because each holster is made to order, and a lot of folks use this for their pocket revolver carry.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/

Yup, got 3 of his pocket holsters and wouldn't look anywhere else!

Yup, got 3 of his pocket holsters and wouldn't look anywhere else!
I've got on and I agree. It's a homely thing but works - the gun stays in position, it breaks up the outline, and, most importantly, when you draw the holster stays in the pocket.

Thank you guys for the info on the custom holster makers! I have a SW 1911 3" sub compact and I've been having a VERY hard time finding a holster that fits it properly. I've ordered 10 different ones online now and had to send them all back. Even one website asked for my exact make and model gun including the barrel length and I got excited thinking I would get the right one this time. But nope! I got a 5", not a 3"... that extra 2 inches makes a big difference and I can't use the holsters so I have to send them back. The only one I've been able to find is a cheaper canvas one and I want a good quality leather one.

A big thumbs up for Dreadnought Holsters.

I emailed him on 8/06/14 about a custom IWB for my M&P 9mm.
On 8/09/14 he emailed me a picture of my new completed holster fresh off the press and I received it today, 8/13/14.
Was $40 shipped (the one for my Shield was $35) and I couldn't be happier. It's a really smooth satin type Kydex, love it.
His name is Jeremy and he is a disabled vet. He has now had 2 holsters made and at my door within 7 days of finalizing the order on each. Can't say enough.

Attachments

• holster002.jpg
    holster002.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 57
  • holster001.jpg
    holster001.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I just picked up a OWB Blade Tech Revolution holster for the G21 for use on the instructor's (range) belt as there aren't a lot of holster options for it. I have to say that for $28 it is the best holster I've seen for glocks (OWB) for less than $75. Fits like a glove, not a retention holster per se, but snaps in very nicely and it is small. It goes on the belt in seconds, their Tek-Loc system is excellent, you don't have to slide it on, and is rock solid. They make them for Glocks, Springfield XD's and 1911's apparently.

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18133638038...49&var=480343437285&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
http://www.amazon.com/Blade-Tech-Tactical-Revolution-Tek-Lok-available/dp/B00IRFKOZ6

pretty sure the bladetech is the holster that came with the M&P 9 range kit....i agree it's quite nice.

Pic rotations suck so what eva.

Figured I would do a quick post on 2 IWB style holsters I found to finally work for "ME"
Desantis Intruder for my Shield
and a Crossbreed Combat cut for the G26.
Both work good and it seems to me that I like the plastic clips on the Desantis over the crossbreed but may not be the same for others.
Leather is the same thickness and also for the Kydex..Now for price, Crossbreed 85.00 VS Desantis 50.00 you decide.
View attachment 128881View attachment 128886

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom