• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

kydex iwb holsters

greencobra

NES Member
there's a bunch out there. i lean towards and seek out concealment express and galco, but for the sake of conversation, wondering if anyone else had a preference of who manufactures their holster gear. i think if i had to choose, concealment express is my first pick. i like their alternate carbon fiber design, not that that aids in use but it looks cool, and the 2nd belt hanger that comes with most holsters to change the cant of the holster. honestly don't use it but it's nice to have a choice, especially if i need to set up for cross draw. one never knows, a broken arm may be lurking. i like the thickness of the kydex material on both brands. a lot of holsters are so thin they look like a 10 year old molded them in the garage on the vac-u-form toy they got for xmas. but again that's esthetics and really doesn't mean anything. and both my favored brands have good customer service. what about the stuff you favor if you use kydex.

I mostly go with Garrett Holsters in kydex. Leather lined and great people to deal with.

+1. I just got one for a P7 and it's great.

There are so many good shops out there making great kydex holsters these days so there are almost too many options to list, assuming you're talking about a modern, relatively common gun.

Last edited:
I like the Vedder light- tuck. They're reasonably priced and their retention is awesome. It fits comfortably too with zero printing (I'm 6'3 on the slim side).
You didn't ask but for anyone interested in a new leather, holster JM4 Tactical is a great company. They make a really nice magnetic holster that's great for edc.

I've got several Garrett Industries IWB holsters. The leather lining is great as it protects your firearm from holster wear and is quiet - no clicks drawing or re-holstering. They also offer models that allow you to tuck your shirt inside your pants. Gun is completely concealed (not as quick access) but you at least have a firearm if the dress code mandates a tucked in shirt. You just have to pull your shirt out your pants and you have access to your firearm.

I just recently ordered another mini-wing holster from BPT. Very comfortable.

Tip: I much prefer the no name metal clips (free) or the DCC clips (+19.99). The stock plastic ones suck and slide around a lot.
The black point tactical mini wing is a really comfortable iwb holster. You are correct about the plastic clips, too, but I actually like using them to slide it a few inches forward or back if I’m sitting in a car and it’s digging into my side

Last edited:
I like the Vedder light- tuck. They're reasonably priced and their retention is awesome. It fits comfortably too with zero printing (I'm 6'3 on the slim side).
You didn't ask but for anyone interested in a new leather, holster JM4 Tactical is a great company. They make a really nice magnetic holster that's great for edc.

I second Vedder Light tuck

The black point tactical mini wing is a really comfortable iwb holster. You are correct about the plastic clips, too, but I actually like using them to slide it a few inches forward or back if I’m sitting in a car and it’s digging into my side
All that sliding around made me feel like a clip had disconnected sometimes because I couldn’t feel it pressed against me where it should be. I’d have to reach under my shirt to make sure the clips are still secure and slide it back again. Same getting out of the car every time. My OCD wouldn’t allow me to relax with it that way but now with the metal clips it stays exactly where I put it. I really enjoy this holster now.

ETA: I’m sure the thickness of diff types of belts would help limit that sliding so yours may not have been as loose as mine. My daily belt is pretty thin material.

Last edited:
I like Tulster. Recently got one from them for my 19 and it’s a great fit. I prefer the middle clip over the metal clip towards the back.

Back
Top Bottom