Holstered pistol triggers police response in Portsmouth, NH.

I agree that this is what he was looking for and will add to that the assertion that he should receive a rather large settlement from the business and the town. The claimant should be charged with filing a false claim and disturbing the peace.

Interesting, kind of like the people who intentionally go out to find Disability Act violations... they aren't there to shop, just to find the violations.

Or the approach could backfire and cause new laws about carrying in businesses to be written to appease the sheeple.

The summers eve lied to the police to serve her ends. She wanted an enhanced response because she couldn't deal with an unruly/upset person. Do we know why Irish was upset? Did he have a legit right to be there? If so, no charges v him should be filed for open carry. IF he was a disorderly person in the business and "other" witnesses can corroborate that then....maybe. The caller should be warned or given a summons for filing a false report, at the least there should be documentation of her exaggerated report.

This country is becoming so watered down that it sickens me...so few can deal with conflict. PC people and so many afraid to offend anyone. Eff that. If you don't like what I say offer a different point of view, don't listen or leave. Irish made a bad decision to start an argument wile OC in a women's medical facility...but, on the surface, not a criminal one.

You're doing what lawyers like to do. When the facts are against you, argue the law; when the law is against you, argue the facts. In this case the law certainly seems to have been with the firearm owner - no debate. But the facts of this incident seem more complex. The guy walked into a women's health clinic. It's well known that many in this country object to what might go on in a women's health center and there are numerous documented cases where firearms abuse has been seen. For him to walk into the place, with a firearm, reeks of bad judgment. Legal? Sure. Wise? Nope.

There are many documented cases of idiots on the forum telling others what they should or shouldn't do because someone may get butt hurt. For someone to post on this forum suggesting it isn't "wise" for someone else to exercise their rights as a free man reeks of bad judgment. Allowed? Sure. Wise? Nope.

Last edited:
There are many documented cases idiots on the forum telling others what they should or shouldn't do because someone may get butt hurt. For someone to post on this forum suggesting it isn't "wise" for someone else to exercise their rights as a free man reeks of bad judgment. Allowed? Sure. Wise? Nope.

OK, that was funny.

Well this pisses me off even more..

Irish and Taylor, of Epsom, made national headlines in October 2010, when the state took custody of their newborn daughter, citing reasons that included Irish's collection of firearms and affiliation with a group called the Oath Keepers. The baby was returned a week later, and a judge issued a gag order, banning comment on the case.

I don't know what it is, that is something for myself, I just cannot get comfortable with...I have zero issue with others who are carrying openly and would not want to see it outlawed, just for myself, I don't like drawing attention to myself.

I prefer to quietly and unassumingly go about my business

I bet you walk around with your gun strapped to your hip in every walmart, right?

It's legal, right?

Well, maybe you're not allowed to because you're an employee. So you won't even though it's legal. So then you decide you're gonna do it in Trader Joes, just because it's legal, and when you're done there, head on over to Starbucks open carrying, because it's legal.

His argument has standing not because it was legal or illegal, but because it was perhaps ill advised to do it. Ya can't go from 0 to 100 in open carrying without passing 10 first, and open carrying in a women's health clinic is somewhere in the high 80s or 90s lol

Open carry IS legal in NH...but most stores are private property. The owner of private property can allow OC...or choose to restrict it. Fact of law.

There are many documented cases of idiots on the forum telling others what they should or shouldn't do because someone may get butt hurt. For someone to post on this forum suggesting it isn't "wise" for someone else to exercise their rights as a free man reeks of bad judgment. Allowed? Sure. Wise? Nope.

From Wikipedia's article on internet forums:

Forums prefer a premise of open and free discussion and often adopt de facto standards. Most common topics on forums include questions, comparisons, polls of opinion as well as debates. It is not uncommon for nonsense or unsocial behavior to sprout as people lose temper, especially if the topic is controversial. Poor understanding of differences in values of the participants is a common problem on forums. Because replies to a topic are often worded aimed at someone's point of view, discussion will usually go slightly off into several directions as people question each other's validity, sources and so on. Circular discussion and ambiguity in replies can extend for several tens of posts of a thread eventually ending when everyone gives up or attention spans waver and a more interesting subject takes over. It is not uncommon for debate to end in ad hominem attacks.

And so it goes.

Do you NH residents still think that you're state is so free? Irish broke no laws but was treated like a criminal, the douche bag who lied saying he was waving his gun around is a hero. Nice!
Hell yeah I still think that our state is "free".

From the article "About a half-hour after the call, Irish was released from police custody, his SIG Sauer semi-automatic pistol was returned to him in a paper bag, and he shook hands with (Portsmouth police Lt.) Russo."

Do you honestly think that if this happened in MA, you'd be out a half hour later, you'd get your SIG back and a handshake from the cop who brought you in?

What you doing tomorrow? I'll roll two deep OC'ing right in Market Square.
These uppity twats need to learn that OC is legal!

I gotta take the cat to the vet (eye is leaking crap) but other than that I have no plans. I have a friend (the one I talked about) who likes to OC now that I got him into guns, he might join us. What time were you thinking? Late afternoon?

I bet you walk around with your gun strapped to your hip in every walmart, right?

It's legal, right?

Well, maybe you're not allowed to because you're an employee. So you won't even though it's legal. So then you decide you're gonna do it in Trader Joes, just because it's legal, and when you're done there, head on over to Starbucks open carrying, because it's legal.

His argument has standing not because it was legal or illegal, but because it was perhaps ill advised to do it. Ya can't go from 0 to 100 in open carrying without passing 10 first, and open carrying in a women's health clinic is somewhere in the high 80s or 90s lol

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. In the southern part of the state. NEVER had a problem.

The guy in the original story should move forward against the person that filed the false report.

1 What is so wrong about the Oath Keepers that it warrants taking a guy's kids away? Their mission seems patriotic and well intentioned.

2. Perhaps more wearing of holsters, with or without firearms in them will help condition people to not panic at their seeing them in public is what is needed. People and the cops will get sick of reports of people with a holster with a cell phone, t- handled allen wrenches, or nothing at all in them. Let's all make common holsters a fashion trend.

The part of the story where they took away his kid is scary for a "free" state.
It's also really ancient, dating back to 10/2010, and was resolved in about a week.

Even a free state can't prevent individual people in government from doing stupid things. What makes it a free state or a not free state isn't whether individual stupid acts of oppression happen sporadically; rather what makes it free is what happens after.

Due the gag order, we'll never know what happened to Child Protective Service worker Dana Bickford. I doubt she's had a shining career in the past two and a half years...

Last edited:
It's also really ancient, dating back to 10/2010, and was resolved in about a week.

Even a free state can't prevent individual people in government from doing stupid things. What makes it a free state or a not free state isn't whether individual stupid acts of oppression happen sporadically; rather what makes it free is what happens after.

Due the gag order, we'll never know what happened toChild Protective Service worker Dana Bickford . I doubt she's had a shining career in the past two and a half years...

Fair point, still scary ;-)

Do you NH residents still think that you're state is so free? Irish broke no laws but was treated like a criminal, the douche bag who lied saying he was waving his gun around is a hero. Nice!

You MA apologists are hilarious. How's open carry working for you? Oh wait... not even remotely comparable to this case.

Portsmouth is absolutely moonbat central... it's where the MA moonbats go after they get priced out of Marblehead and Newburyport to open their boutiques.

I've OC'd there many of times given that its on the Maine border and I don't have my Maine CCW (still, **** you Maine) so don't dress for carry, and no issues to date. Only a comment of "nice grips, that a Kimber?" outside the cigar shop. Just got a job offer there too (GOODBYE FOREVER MA, NO MORE INCOME TAX FOR YOU)... new boss man wants me to take him shooting.

BICKFORD, DANA J. HHS: CHILDREN AND YOUTH CHILD PROTECTION CHILD PROTECTIVE SVC WKR IV (603) 332-9120

You MA apologists are hilarious. How's open carry working for you? Oh wait... not even remotely comparable to this case.

I'm not an apologist, my state sucks! But it looks like yours isnt that much better, a man committing a legal act is arrested & detained for doing absolutely
nothing wrong. And the last time I checked, Obongo won NH in 2012. Again, MY STATE BLOWS!!!!!

I'm not an apologist, my state sucks! But it looks like yours isnt that much better, a man committing a legal act is arrested & detained for doing absolutely
nothing wrong. And the last time I checked, Obongo won NH in 2012. Again, MY STATE BLOWS!!!!!

So MA blows but NH "isn't that much better...". I dunno, man. Aside from a few isolated incidents it looks like NH is exponentially better than MA in more ways than one, which is why i plan on moving there the first chance I get. Your argument sounds kinda like my borderline moonbat father trying to convince me to stay here....

He wasn't arrested, he was held in a cruiser for a half hour while cops figured out wtf was going on. He wasn't detained for open carry, he was detained because some moonbat, probably from MA, lied. He was free to go and had his gun back in 30 minutes. Can't say that would happen in MA.

Ohblabla won a lot of places, but that's a country fail not a state fail.

He wasn't arrested, he was held in a cruiser for a half hour while cops figured out wtf was going on. He wasn't detained for open carry, he was detained because some moonbat, probably from MA, lied. He was free to go and had his gun back in 30 minutes. Can't say that would happen in MA.

Ohblabla won a lot of places, but that's a country fail not a state fail.

Never mind the fact that Romney carried Rockingham county.

I'm still curious why all this "suitable" manure hasn't gotten bounced by the courts as capricious and arbitrary.

You don't understand the tenor of the MA criminal justice system. MA judges are overwhelmingly anti-gun. Such a lawsuit can't win in MA courts.

Back
Top Bottom