• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holstered pistol triggers police response in Portsmouth, NH.

"A man with a holstered .45 pistol on his hip triggered a large police response to the Harbour Women's Health clinic Thursday afternoon, when a staff member called police to say the gun was being waved during an argument."

Seacoast Online story.

What I want to know is who was the s***-for-brains staff member who lied to the police re: brandishing, and are they going to be charged? [angry]

Previous NES threads on this gent and his lady:

Open Carry Makes the News in Portsmouth, NH

N.H. Baby snatched for dad's politics back with parents

Wtf. Determined to be carrying legally...but may be charged with disorderly conduct?? Because someone filed a false police report?

The mental anguish of being arrested due to a persons false claim would trigger a lawsuit against the person who called this in and intentionally lied to get this person harassed by the police as well as their employer.......

Sounds like an abortion clinic.

Not that anything justifies false testimony to police, but these folks operate on the better-safe-than-sorry principle.

There have been right-to-life extremists murdering physicians in broad daylight - couple that with ignorance of firearms and you have a recipe for irrational fear

Sounds like an abortion clinic.

Not that anything justifies false testimony to police, but these folks operate on the better-safe-than-sorry principle.

There have been right-to-life extremists murdering physicians in broad daylight - couple that with ignorance of firearms and you have a recipe for irrational fear

Doesn't provide a blanket excuse for illegal behavior.

Nope, nor does it allow law breaking, which filing a false police report is currently a violation of law.

I would expected him to have been charged if he broke a law, as such I expect the person to be charged under the exact SAME application of law.

Equal justice under law.

Doesn't provide a blanket excuse for illegal behavior.

Do you NH residents still think that you're state is so free? Irish broke no laws but was treated like a criminal, the douche bag who lied saying he was waving his gun around is a hero. Nice!

Maybe if he filed a false arrest claim, the police would certainly look for ways to make it somebody else's fault... You know... Like the ass clown that lied.

Just sayin'.

Open carry scares people who are not used to it. Nothing will change that. Its just reality

This is not a comment neither encouraging or discouraging open carry.

Seems to me that there's the law, and then there's common sense. You hope they'd be one and the same, sometimes they're not. Though it may be legal to bring the weapon into the clinic, it flies in the face of common sense. The guy who did it was doing something legal that was, IMO, very poor judgment.

Open carry scares people who are not used to it. Nothing will change that. Its just reality

This is not a comment neither encouraging or discouraging open carry.
If everybody open carried up there it would condition those who aren't used to it to become used to it.

This has no standing on this issue. Its legal there, period.

yet there was documented freak out and police response.
Yes, if more people open carried as is their right, more people will become adjusted to seeing a holstered firearm on somebody not wearing a uniform.

Nobody here will admit it, but I bet a box of munchkins that this was exactly the kind of attention Irish was hoping for. This was his wet dream, and it came true.[devil]

The police lieutenant said Portsmouth investigators will review the incident and may later charge Irish with a violation-level charge of disorderly conduct for disrupting business at Harbour Women's Health.

Seems to me the only person disturbing the peace was the libtard who called in and LIED about him waving the gun around.

Seems to me that there's the law, and then there's common sense. You hope they'd be one and the same, sometimes they're not. Though it may be legal to bring the weapon into the clinic, it flies in the face of common sense. The guy who did it was doing something legal that was, IMO, very poor judgment.

So, because someone is uncomfortable with the legal actions of another it is poor judgement on the part of the actor? If someone is uncomfortable with homosexuals is it poor judgement for two men (or women) to walk together affectionately?

yet there was documented freak out and police response.
Yes, if more people open carried as is their right, more people will become adjusted to seeing a holstered firearm on somebody not wearing a uniform.

Nobody here will admit it, but I bet a box of munchkins that this was exactly the kind of attention Irish was hoping for. This was his wet dream, and it came true.[devil]

I agree that this is what he was looking for and will add to that the assertion that he should receive a rather large settlement from the business and the town. The claimant should be charged with filing a false claim and disturbing the peace.

Seems to me the only person disturbing the peace was the libtard who called in and LIED about him waving the gun around.

+1

Do you NH residents still think that you're state is so free? Irish broke no laws but was treated like a criminal, the douche bag who lied saying he was waving his gun around is a hero. Nice!
If "Irish" was in MA, his LTC would have been revoked in a few hours by his local police chief. Not a suitable person, right? Another reason why I decided to stick with the FID since the first one that I got over 34 years ago.

I'm still curious why all this "suitable" manure hasn't gotten bounced by the courts as capricious and arbitrary.
Courts in this state are scared sh*tless. They side with the chiefs of police in license-revocation actions based upon "suitability", side with plaintiff females who take out bogus 209A restraining orders against their husbands and boyfriends for their own personal gain, etc. It is the liberal mindset in this state. Court employees make big bucks, from the lowest-ranked clerk up to the highest-ranked judge. They have bennie and perk packages that the rest of us in what columnist Howie Carr calls "the dreaded private sector" can only dream of. They may be bureaucratic louts, but they know which side their bread is buttered on. They will not take a chance on screwing their cushy future to protect a gun owner. In fact, most of them think that us law-abiding gun owners are dippy pukes anyways. That is their attitude. If they feel threatened, they will have local police bodyguards ASAP. Some animals are more equal than others.

No. I'm getting a little nervous. Seems to be more centered around the more populated southern areas but that is where it starts. Just ask New York...

That Cancer from Massachusetts will eventually take over but it should take a little time. I'll fight the fight but my property is a Moonbats wet dream so when the time comes I'll fleece one of them, pack up the wagons and head west.

This has no standing on this issue. Its legal there, period.

I bet you walk around with your gun strapped to your hip in every walmart, right?

It's legal, right?

Well, maybe you're not allowed to because you're an employee. So you won't even though it's legal. So then you decide you're gonna do it in Trader Joes, just because it's legal, and when you're done there, head on over to Starbucks open carrying, because it's legal.

His argument has standing not because it was legal or illegal, but because it was perhaps ill advised to do it. Ya can't go from 0 to 100 in open carrying without passing 10 first, and open carrying in a women's health clinic is somewhere in the high 80s or 90s lol

I'm still curious why all this "suitable" manure hasn't gotten bounced by the courts as capricious and arbitrary.

The key concept is that the MA SJC, even in a post-Heller world, refuses to consider the removal of the right to keep and bar arms from an individual to be a punishment and, as such, maintains a position that the licensing activity is not subject to due process protections applied to administration of punishments.

Yes, it's on the Comm2A dance card.

So, because someone is uncomfortable with the legal actions of another it is poor judgement on the part of the actor? If someone is uncomfortable with homosexuals is it poor judgement for two men (or women) to walk together affectionately?

I agree that this is what he was looking for and will add to that the assertion that he should receive a rather large settlement from the business and the town. The claimant should be charged with filing a false claim and disturbing the peace.

+1

You're doing what lawyers like to do. When the facts are against you, argue the law; when the law is against you, argue the facts. In this case the law certainly seems to have been with the firearm owner - no debate. But the facts of this incident seem more complex. The guy walked into a women's health clinic. It's well known that many in this country object to what might go on in a women's health center and there are numerous documented cases where firearms abuse has been seen. For him to walk into the place, with a firearm, reeks of bad judgment. Legal? Sure. Wise? Nope.

Back
Top Bottom