• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hollywood Walk of Fame Shut Down After Shooting Leaves Teenager Dead

Reptile

NES Member
A portion of the Hollywood Walk of Fame was closed Monday as police investigated a shooting that left a teenager dead.

The LAPD responded to calls of shots fired in the 7000 block of Hollywood Boulevard just after 1 a.m. The street remained closed as of Monday afternoon, LAPD Officer Drake Madison told Urban Hollywood 411.

The shooting occurred near the famous Hollywood & Highland complex, where the Academy Awards are held each year.

When officers arrived on the scene, they found a 17-year-old boy lying on the sidewalk suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. Police said there was a handgun next to the teenager. Paramedics rushed him to an area hospital, where he died.

According to the LAPD, the gunfire erupted when the teenager and a male individual got into an argument with a group of people. The teen and the man reportedly fired shots at the group.

“Detectives believe that the deceased shooting victim was with another unidentified suspect, and that they confronted a group of unidentified persons at Hollywood and Sycamore,” the LAPD said in a statement.

“The group ran away from the deceased shooting victim and the second male suspect, and the second male suspect fired shots at the group running. The deceased shooting victim was likely armed and possibly fired at the unidentified victims,” the statement continued.

Continues...

Another liberal utopia

A tour operator told the news station crime has gotten out-of-control in the area.

“The tourists are coming to me and they’re afraid. I’m trying to sell tours or take them on my tour and they’re afraid,” said Gregg Donovan of Hollywood Star Tours, who noted he’s been personally affected by the crime.

“I had two women bump me one day,” he explained. “I’ve had a man put a cigarette in my ear. I called the police for that. Also a man punched me.”

damn, that walk of fame is like the freedom trail, it goes on forever. well, no sense going to l.a. now. is the anne heche crash site still open?

whatever happens at 1am always finds its heroes, but the language of the article is suggesting that 2 armed individuals terrorized a
'group of victims' - where whole group then fled, terrorized, and one of damn terrorists is now dead with multiple shot wounds - so had he shot himself?

I walked that trail about 15 years ago. Waste of time. The only good that came out of it was seeing KISS doing a promotion in front of Manns Chinese Theatre.

It's not even Mann's (Grauman's?) Chinese Theatre anymore. Last I checked it was some TV company that had naming rights. LOL

I'm waiting for someone to rename Fenway Park with naming rights. Hell, we lost Jacob's Field, . . . dammit if I can't remember the 2 or 3 others, the Jake is the one that irks me.

But that'll be funny. 99 Restaurants & Pub Park! [rofl]

If sidewalks are killing people, why are not all sidewalks being shut down?

MOMS DEMAND SIDEWALK CONTROL!
we need somebody to sponsor such a bill, as it is a very sensible idea. ban those dangerous sidewalks, and start walking at the middle of the roads.
it will also do a double benefit - the cars will have to go slower and it will reduce amount of collisions and vehicular homicides rates. a total win-win! had to be done yesterday.

My first trip to Hollywood was in 91. Wasn't sure exactly what to expect but what I found was not even close to what I expected. The place was a dump. Homeless, druggies, prostitutes and pan handlers all over the place. It was not safe to walk that area after 8:00pm to 9:00pm back then. We had a hotel on Sunset Blvd and we checked out after the first night. Went over to Venice Beach and got place there for the remainder of the stay.

A tour operator told the news station there is out-of-control crime in the area.

“The tourists are coming to me and they’re afraid. I’m trying to sell tours or take them on my tour and they’re afraid,” said Gregg Donovan of Hollywood Star Tours, who noted he’s been personally affected by the crime.

“I had two women bump me one day,” he explained. “I’ve had a man put a cigarette in my ear. I called the police for that. Also a man punched me.”

complete shithole

My first trip to Hollywood was in 91. Wasn't sure exactly what to expect but what I found was not even close to what I expected. The place was a dump. Homeless, druggies, prostitutes and pan handlers all over the place. It was not safe to walk that area after 8:00pm to 9:00pm back then. We had a hotel on Sunset Blvd and we checked out after the first night. Went over to Venice Beach and got place there for the remainder of the stay.

I was there for E3 in. . . . 93 or 94. My wife worked for my old college roommate. They went off to E3 every day. Me and his wife had the run of LA and a rental car for 3 days. We were staying in some nice hotel in Santa Monica near where Whitey Bulger was holed up. Nice area. VERY nice at the time. We drove through Hollywood a couple of times to go to Rodeo one day and to try and find the Hollywood sign. (This is 93/94, pre-internet. Who knew it was at the observatory. Hell, had I known that, I'd have gone in a heartbeat. And then did my best Ahnold impression.)

We found this cool park across the highway from the Hollywood sign.

I love the area. Haven't been back since. It was truly an amazing place. My wife's uncle took us around on the off-day. Went to the old Getty. Dinner in some reconditioned industrial district. Driving around Malibu to get to aforementioned Getty. I understand the appeal.

We didn't see too much of the underside of LA b/c we weren't near it. Hollywood was always bright daytime. I'm betting the whole town was Shangri-La compared to today.

Back
Top Bottom