Hoffmans in Conn??

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Does anyone here know Hoffmans in CT? I think it's on the Berlin Turnpike (rts 5 and 15 I believe) in or south of Wethersfield? If so I would like to get a better addres and a phone number if you have it.

Thanks.

CT FFLs

Google is your friend! :D

Hoffman's Gun Center
2208 Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
860-666-8827
They don't appear to have Email or a website.

BTW, Google found the following website that claims to list all/most gun shops in CT.

http://rockvillefishandgame.tripod.com/g-l/gunshopsct.htm

Be aware that CT gun laws require that everyone go thru a waiting period to purchase any gun/frame unless you possess a CT CCW! So it becomes uneconomical for those of us that don't have licenses to visit a CT gun shop with the intent of buying frames (AR15) or guns. I think the waiting period even applies to C&Rs if you have a C&R FFL! [Due to a business meeting in NYC in the Fall of 2003, I stayed in SW CT for a weekend and had contemplated buying an AR15 frame from a CT dealer until I found out that I would have had to make 2 trips there (total of ~400 miles) to make the transaction! I have NO need for a CT permit as I only travel thru there occasionally on the way to visit friends in NJ.

Len...

Thanks for the info. I had done a search but did not come up with anything.

I actually want to go down there to pick up some supplies which are not very common up here. I wonder if I should see if CT has a non-resident permit.

CT Permits

Frosty,

If you live close enough that you are likely to go into CT a fair amount, it probably would pay to get their NR permit.

Specific info on process is available at the .gov website:
http://www.state.ct.us/dps/SLFU/faq_special_licensing.htm

General info on CT NR permits can be found at www.packing.org, but USE CAUTION and verify anything learned there with gov't sources to ensure it is a true statement. [Anyone can post anything to the Internet and you don't want to get jammed up with someone else's wrong interpretation of law.]

Hoffamn's in Newington, CT

I try to stop by at Hoffman's every time I'm in Manchester CT visiting my mother in law. When I was a CT resident, I purchased my first firearm there...in 1976, from "Dino", the father. A S&W Model 19 2.25" barrel. Classic. Hoffman's has an excellent selection, but then again, I'm from MA so get to see a narrow range of permitted handguns in MA shops.

Nonetheless, I always make a point to buy ammo or accessories each time I stop in.

I've been in there a few times and will be taking their CT pistol permit class this saturday. I believe my father purchased his glock 17 from them and was happy with the service. They're website is hoffgun.com and to get there you take 91 south past hartford and take the rt 5 & 15 exit right after brainard airport down to the turnpike. They're oh about 2 or 3 miles past hooters on the right

How about a gun shop attached to a Hooter's? I can see it now:

Hooters and Shooters!

FPrice said:
How about a gun shop attached to a Hooter's? I can see it now:

Hooters and Shooters!

Some find the scenery nice in Hooters, but AI find them to have so-so food, crappy service and not great prices, hidden by the distraction of the waitstaff.

I purchased a couple dozen guns from Hoffman's through the years and they do have probably the best selection of any gunshop in the state. The staff has, at times, been viewed as arrogant and less than customer friendly. I've found that with some of the staff but most are pretty friendly. Their prices are usually pretty good and when they want to blow out stock, the prices are great. I would also suggest the Newington Gun Exchange, less than 2 miles away in Newington Center and what is probably the most customer-friendly shop that I've ever been in, Joseph's Gun Dealer in New Britain. Not the largest selection in the cases but what they have is aggresivley priced and the prices are always negotiable.

Anyone going to Hoffmans or Newington guns be sure to bring a little, ok a lot of extra $ and stop at RUTHS CHRIS steakhouse right next door to Hoffmans. about $125 for 2 people but you'll never want to dine out anywhere else.
Forget hooters. allthough I do not condone, The Berlin Turnpike is loaded with strip joints.

Back
Top Bottom