Hk45c vs. Glock 30 gen 4

Take gvd0006's word, his has/had most of the guns that most of us drool over.

HK45c(w/LEM) is a softer shooter than the Glock 30 gen4 and 30s. As a owner of all 3 I find that the HK45c has a better trigger, is more accurate, and the ergonomics fit my hands better. You honestly just need to at least hold both to see what feels better in your hand.

If you don't mind a slightly larger gun check out the FNx45 or the FNs line and the PX4 Storm. Between my HK, FN's and my one PX4 storm I don't ever touch any of my 7 Glocks anymore. They are all dust collectors now.

But to me choosing a Glock over a HK would be like me choosing a Honda over my Benz(which I would never do).

HK45c(w/LEM) is a softer shooter than the Glock 30 gen4 and 30s. As a owner of all 3 I find that the HK45c has a better trigger, is more accurate, and the ergonomics fit my hands better. You honestly just need to at least hold both to see what feels better in your hand.

If you don't mind a slightly larger gun check out the FNx45 or the FNs line and the PX4 Storm. Between my HK, FN's and my one PX4 storm I don't ever touch any of my 7 Glocks anymore. They are all dust collectors now.

But to me choosing a Glock over a HK would be like me choosing a Honda over my Benz(which I would never do).

really your glocks sit there collecting dust? which ones ? selling any? lol

interesting.. recoil is different for each person. but it would be interesting to get you, piman, tripper, and me together at a range with some .45 ammo and all the guns you mentioned and other .45's , and see which each person likes.. this would save alot of money for a person having to try/rent guns one by one

"what say you" (LOTR) :p

I shot a full sized M&P 45 with a free state trigger at MFL and I hated it. Comfortable grip but that high barrel causes a nasty flip. G21 was significantly better all around. I can't imagine the compact version would be better.

wow, this is getting interesting... hk45c on the internet articles says it is bar none the 45 to get,best grip lowest recoil etc (though people arent the happiest with the trigger) the glock 30 is also according to many one of the softest shooting 45's out there. i have a line on an hk45c used and ive found a place to purchase gen 4 glocks at good prices so now im even more on the fence lol! lets throw this into the mix... m&p 45c thoughts?
on a side note i just shot a gen 4 g19 and im getting one!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

really your glocks sit there collecting dust? which ones ? selling any? lol

interesting.. recoil is different for each person. but it would be interesting to get you, piman, tripper, and me together at a range with some .45 ammo and all the guns you mentioned and other .45's , and see which each person likes.. this would save alot of money for a person having to try/rent guns one by one

"what say you" (LOTR) :p

Gen4 19,26,29,30 Gen3 21 SF, the 30s and the 36.

Where are you all located? I'm pretty sure I know where tripper is (pretty sure I sold him a xds 9) . I bounce back and forth between the south shore and southern Maine. So if you guys are between there we could probably figure something out.

No haven't seen those , i did see a 26L which i would love to do , to a gen 2 19 one day

So, I'm kinda new to this Glock franken swapping. i've seen the 36 on the 30 but what is a 26L? 26 slide on a 19?

edit, nvm, i googled it, not the slide but choppign the grip. [cheers]

yup, thats me, you sold me the xds (maybe ill get it back from springfield one of these days) :) hows the hk45c carry compared to the g30? is it really worth the extra dough? im getting one or the other this week (no g30 in stock as of today) they look pretty close in size on paper but the hk
'looks" bigger

I shot an HK USPc LEM. Meh.

Which LEM version did you try out?

I have the HK45C with the "light" lem. Has a 4.5 lb smooth trigger pull with a very good reset. It originally had the 7.6 lb LEM trigger when I bought it but I sent it back to HK immediately and had them put the springs in to make it the "light" version. I know the 45c has 4 different LEM trigger options but i'm not sure about the USPc. You may have not tried the "light" version to have a opinion of "meh" about the LEM trigger.

I have 4 guns that have better triggers, and they cost 2-5 times more than my HK cost. I love the LEM trigger on mine, and I'm about to buy the HK P2000SK V1 in a week or so as my new winter carry gun. I guess it's just personal preference though.

I'd guess it was the 7.6 lb version. A friend of mine (who has since passed on) was an ICE agent and had been issued the USPc .40. I brought along my DA/SA USPc .40 (I've since sold that gun) and we shot them side by side.

yup, thats me, you sold me the xds (maybe ill get it back from springfield one of these days) :) hows the hk45c carry compared to the g30? is it really worth the extra dough? im getting one or the other this week (no g30 in stock as of today) they look pretty close in size on paper but the hk
'looks" bigger

Hk is longer, but a tad bit thinner. You really can't tell that its any thinner though. IF your getting the HK45c only buy it if its the LEM version. With a good holster either or is pretty easy to carry.

It is worth the extra dough, to me at least. Like I said it's like comparing a Benz(a luxury work horse) to a Honda/Toyota( a well known well built car you have to literally beat into the ground to get it to die...but it still doesn't).

Now if you were talking about getting a G29 Gen4 and getting a 9x25 Dillion conversion barrel I would say get that instead of the HK just because of the power behind the round.

I'd guess it was the 7.6 lb version. A friend of mine (who has since passed on) was an ICE agent and had been issued the USPc .40. I brought along my DA/SA USPc .40 (I've since sold that gun) and we shot them side by side.

Yeah, the 7.6lb was was exactly as you said "meh"!! I tried it out, and it immediately got sent back to HK for the lighter springs. It was well worth sending it back to me.

ok gvd006, i gotta know.... hows the 30s ? better than the 30? and also...why no g27?

30s is more comfortable iwb than the 30 but shoots the same. I have the gen4 29 and crank out some hot 10mm rounds for it! The 40 is just a watered down 10. I had it but sold it to a member on here a year ago. I just got your pm now by the way...

I have not shot a glock 30 but own an HK 45c, a Sig P220 Carry, and a Colt LW .45. The HK 45c fits my hand nicely. I like the oversized double stack grip. However, the grip material is very slippery so I put 3M traction tape (the no slip stuff you apply to stairs and decking) to make the gun less slippery. The 45c that I have has the stock trigger action. The DA pull is long and very heavy and it took me a little while to get used to it. The perceived recoil on the 45c is nice. The gun muzzle flips/recoils in the hand due to the light weight of the gun (maybe even more so than the Sig and the Colt) but the polymer frame seems to absorb of the recoil and make it seem less sharp. Even though the muzzle flip might be a little higher (I can't really tell) with the HK45c, the perceived amount of recoil seems lower (i.e., the 45c feels "softer shooting").

The 45c is still a fairly chunky gun. I have an uncle mike's nylon holster that I use for all 3 guns and the HK 45c has the tightest fit of the three. The Colt is the slimmest, and the Sig P220 Carry is a little bit thicker than the Colt (but still fairly slim). The tapered slide of the HK 45C makes it look sleek and compact, but this shape, combined with the coated surface of the slide makes the slide feel a little slippery when you rack it.

The 45C also has a spongy, sort of indistinct trigger reset... but I got used to it and don't really notice it when shooting the gun.

Overall the 45c is a nice gun, but I prefer the Sig P220 Carry. I'm not sure if they sell the P220 Carry in MA but if they do, you should check it out. The P220 is very reliable, very accurate, light (although the 45c seems lighter... I haven't weighed either gun), and it is easy to control the muzzle flip/recoil. The Sig P220 also has a much nicer trigger action (both DA and SA) and a distinct trigger reset. The P220 is slimmer and the grip does not fill my hand as well as the P220, but it is still very ergonomic and points naturally. the guns are about the same size. The Sig P220 has an 8 round single stack mag compared to the HK's 10 round double stack.

The Sig is less expensive than the HK.

I recently carried and shot the new g30s and fell in love w it.

I've extensively carried g22 23 26 27 and competed w a 35 and I think the 30s shoots the best. the recoil is more of a "push" as they say, than the snap of a .40. I even shot +P 45 out of it without any major felt difference in recoil.

I think the little pocket glocks are just too small, the 22 etc is way too big, but the 30 is pretty darn comfortable iwb w a tuck type holster.

I have shot both the hk45 and the glock 21 to compare

Recoil glock wins hands down

Width of grip hk wins

For carry get a 30s and win with capacity and carry characteristics

Both guns are great for hd , though im biased with all my glocks.

there's no difference in width between a 30S and a Gen4 G40. The Gen3 G30S is lighter but not narrower, based on the specs on Glock's website.

I reload using plastic coated swaged bullets by precisionbullets.com and they work great in all my Glocks. Accurate and very clean. Every once in a while I pull a Lewis lead remover screen through the barrel and nothing ever comes out. Its tough to beat about $80 for 1000 9mm bullets. Especially when there are none of the issues you have with cast bullets. Oh yeah, and my dies stay as clean as if I'm using jacketed bullets.

BTW - There is a known issue with reloading plated bullets for HKs. Its not a safety issue, but sometimes they tumble and keyhole. I have no idea why.

It must depend on the bullet and caliber, apparently. I've probably put thousands of Berrys 230gr RN-DS through various HK .45 ACP handguns ( USP Elite, USP Tactical, USP full size, HK 45 (full), and an HK USP Compact with no issues whatsoever.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

there's no difference in width between a 30S and a Gen4 G40. The Gen3 G30S is lighter but not narrower, based on the specs on Glock's website.

The G30S has a narrower slide, the max width is the same though, because the frames are the same.

-Mike

Of all the pistols I own, which are many, the Glock 30 is far away my favorite carry piece.

Good luck with your decision.....

It must depend on the bullet and caliber, apparently. I've probably put thousands of Berrys 230gr RN-DS through various HK .45 ACP handguns ( USP Elite, USP Tactical, USP full size, HK 45 (full), and an HK USP Compact with no issues whatsoever.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

The G30S has a narrower slide, the max width is the same though, because the frames are the same.

-Mike

The two people I've know who have had keyholing problems with plated bullets, Berry's specifically, were shooting USP 40s.

The 30 and 19 are very close in height and length... The 30 is wider and heavier though as you mentioned. My 30S with 10+1 loaded has some weight but is not bad... Easy to carry and conceal.

Sent from my iPhone

Mike,

How does the 30 compare to the 19 as far as ease of carry? I'm guessing its shorter but wider with more weight.

When I had my 30SF I always felt the overall size was similar in terms of its "footprint"; but the 30SF was slightly fatter and a little heavier.

-Mike

Its funny. I'm a wuss when it comes to gun weight, as I've said before. So I've been carrying my G19 for the last few days. I went to work today with just a polo shirt, so I switched to the 26. I don't even know its there.

Back
Top Bottom