• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK VP9 - Broken spring on trigger bar

I've got a broken spring on the trigger bar of my VP9. I was also hoping to shoot an IDPA classifier on Saturday. Any chance of finding this spring locally or am I pretty much stuck shipping it back to HK?

25vhKHZ.jpg

Gonna have to send it back to H&K. They'll repair it under warranty, probably.

HKParts has the spring listed, but it's out of stock.

Any idea how the failure happened? How many rounds through the gun? That spring is definitely different and i've heard of a few giving way. I've stripped the lower before and it's not too bad except for getting the dual pins in the rear of the frame in and out, you basically need new ones to replace them with or you'll bark up the frame. Send back to HK or check out Teufelshund tactical they do great work on HK's and quickly.

i consider myself technically proficient with firearms and I would not disassemble a VP9 frame. it is retardely complex. let HK fix your VP9. i swear for every one part in a glock, the VP9 has 2 springs, a lever and a roll pin.

he starts the frame around 20 min mark. check it out:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E63SfM5JXMs&t=2154s

I was thinking the same thing before your post when I came across the take down and reassembly photos in the below link. The gun looks like it has more parts, springs, and needed tools, i.e., than it needs (lol, see pic), and I don't quite like the design of the trigger bar spring.

cXArvHq.jpg

Parts identification:
1. Locking Block
2. Left-Side Slide Release Lever
3. Left-Side Slide Release Lever Spring
4. Catch Spring for Disassembly Lever
5. Safety Clamp
6. TRS
7. Clamping Sleeve (with Roll-Pin) for Locking Block
9. Right-Side Slide Release Lever
10. Disassembly Lever
11. Trigger and Trigger Bar (complete)
12. Trigger Stop Bolt
13. Elbow Spring for Dismounting Safety
14. Dismounting Safety
15. Disconnector
16. Trigger Housing (complete)
17. Clamping Sleeve for Trigger Housing
18. Magazine Release Lever
19. Roll-pin for Magazine Release Lever
20. Magazine Release Lever Spring

OKCYzNrz.jpg

Tools you will need
• 1.8mm punch (or 1/16")
• 2.4mm punch (or 3/32")
• 2.8mm punch (or 7/64")
• Trigger Rebound Spring (TRS) Tool (sold on HKParts)
• A bench block (optional)
• Small hammer or mallet

Take down/reassembly procedure link:

How to detail strip a VP9

Last edited:
Probably around 2500-3000 rounds through the gun. I did look at those threads and see that it is really complicated, thanks for the links. I replaced the trigger in my Ruger Mark IV and that was nowhere near this complicated so i’m All set there.

I called HK and they are going to take care of me. Not sure how the failure happened, luckily I wasn’t firing it at the time. I went to disassemble for cleaning and the slide wasn’t coming off the frame. Thought it was odd, but continued with my cleaning anyways. Went to put it back together and dry fire to test as I always do, and the trigger wouldn’t actuate. Went to disassemble and had a lot more trouble getting the slide off again. Finally got it off and started to look around to see what went wrong.

Well can’t say enough about how good HK’s customer service is. Called Wednesday morning, reported the issue and got a label later that afternoon. Sent it out that night with FedEx overnight. Got an email Thursday around 4:30 that it’s on its way back to me, received it today! Just have to put a few rounds through it and i’ll be ready for the IDPA match tomorrow! Did not think I would be making it at all earlier this week.

Well can’t say enough about how good HK’s customer service is. Called Wednesday morning, reported the issue and got a label later that afternoon. Sent it out that night with FedEx overnight. Got an email Thursday around 4:30 that it’s on its way back to me, received it today! Just have to put a few rounds through it and i’ll be ready for the IDPA match tomorrow! Did not think I would be making it at all earlier this week.

Wow! That might be the fastest turnaround time I've ever seen!

Back
Top Bottom