• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK called Marines 'crayon eaters' in a viral post telling them not to break their new rifles

Meh. The jarheads can take it.
do the jar heads even know some people would find it offensive? :D

I was a bit worried I was going to find out we have a bunch of snowflakes in the Marines who can't take a joke. Good thing the SJWs haven't mandated the Corps to be 50% snowflakes yet!

Ban? I bet a few marines would like to shove some crayons up the end of the person that made that statement.
Nah, I was up at the Sig Academy last month and the instructor was a retired SF guy and the first thing he said was “we ain’t got any crayons here for ya”. I laughed and told him he needs some new material. He ran an awesome training session and said he felt comfortable knowing he had someone on the firing line like me. He thanked me for my service and I thanked him for his and doing a hell of a lot more than me being SF.

$3,000 though.
Too rich for me.

HK stuff had always been expensive, even for the government. Back in the 90s I remember the per unit cost of a Colt produced M16A2 being somewhere in the $200-$300 range (coincidentally, the pre-94 civilian cost of a Colt AR-15 wasn't much higher). A MP5 was over $1,000. Furthermore, the tools required for depot level servicing of the MP5 were ridiculously expensive.

HK stuff had always been expensive, even for the government. Back in the 90s I remember the per unit cost of a Colt produced M16A2 being somewhere in the $200-$300 range (coincidentally, the pre-94 civilian cost of a Colt AR-15 wasn't much higher). A MP5 was over $1,000. Furthermore, the tools required for depot level servicing of the MP5 were ridiculously expensive.

H&K Because you suck and we hate you. But damn do they make some cooooool stuff.

do the jar heads even know some people would find it offensive? :D

I was a bit worried I was going to find out we have a bunch of snowflakes in the Marines who can't take a joke. Good thing the SJWs haven't mandated the Corps to be 50% snowflakes yet!

Give them some time. They will.
I had no idea the 416 uppers were available.
$3,000 though.
Too rich for me.
I'd love to have one though.
I'm going to put that on my wish list.
I may now want to join the HK scene and do some research.

HK 416 Upper, HK 416 14.5 Upper

Tree K just for the upper! I'd rather buy a few Colt rifles for that much.

Marines don't break M1 Garands...
They shave with them...

soldier.jpg

Give them some time. They will.

Tree K just for the upper! I'd rather buy a few Colt rifles for that much.
3k if you can get them.

HK Parts has uppers for $6000.

For that price I can hire a woman to clean all the carbon that would collect in a direct impingement AR.

Marines don't break M1 Garands...
They shave with them...

soldier.jpg
I doubt you got a Marine there. They get issued Ka-Bars, and are proud of them. I don't know a Marine who would trade it for something else. This knife is either a Gerber MK2 or a Wilkinson made, British issued Sykes Fairbain that he probably took from some tommy after beating his ass at a bar.

And he is using a dull razor to boot!

I doubt you got a Marine there. They get issued Ka-Bars, and are proud of them. I don't know a Marine who would trade it for something else. This knife is either a Gerber MK2 or a Wilkinson made, British issued Sykes Fairbain that he probably took from some tommy after beating his ass at a bar.

I'm very upset with HK over this.

Now that it has hit social media, I'll have to come up with better original content to give my Marine friends hell. Damn HK joke killers!

I live in a military town filled with marines.

They sell crayons in the produce department!

It’s hot down here, so often times they can’t write anything down because their crayons have all melted.

Last summer I had a bunch of marines over for a pig roast. One of the wives asked us to make a list of the things we needed. One marine replied he would, but he forgot to bring his crayons!

Back
Top Bottom