high cap magazine

I was shooting my glock 19 gen 3 at the range today with a 15 round magazine. I have my class A LTC and sure enough a cop was shooting right next to me. He was super polite & as I was to him as any human beings should be. However, he mentioned to me that I shouldn't even bother bringing that magazine to the range cause I could catch the wrong jerk cop at the wrong time in the wrong place. I've done my research & have read my laws. I'm perfectly legal as anyone else should agree. I have a preban magazine & I have my license to carry it. Why should I even have to think twice? I keep reading that people are afraid to bring theirs out in public as well as a cop could basically confiscate it, lock you up, and the entire situation could've been avoidable. I totally respect & understand this style of thinking. But I feel like it's just a far stretch.

Thoughts?

Also, where it becomes grey in my mind is yes glock hasn't released information that actually shows what a preban is or postban is (I know this is talked about often) and there are plenty of threads that show the differences. But, I don't have a bill of sale of course that shows I purchased this magazine before the ban. Reason being, I didn't. Could this be a problem?

Also, where it becomes grey in my mind is yes glock hasn't released information that actually shows what a preban is or postban is (I know this is talked about often) and there are plenty of threads that show the differences. But, I don't have a bill of sale of course that shows I purchased this magazine before the ban. Reason being, I didn't. Could this be a problem?
It's on the state to prove that it is post ban, and glock doesn't play well with the state, that's why they are where they are around these parts.

But it's on you to convince the police it's preban before they'll give it back.

Well said. This is where it realistically becomes a issue. Wrong cop on the wrong day and I could either lose my property (magazine and/or gun) or get arrested.
I guess at the end of the day it's better be just avoid these issues.

Because hardo cop doesn't give a shit and may just looking to jam someone up because authoritah.

929.jpg

Well said. This is where it realistically becomes a issue. Wrong cop on the wrong day and I could either lose my property (magazine and/or gun) or get arrested.

This is true, and one of the places where I give the anti-police movement some credit. Police have way too much unilateral authority with absolutely no accountability in some situations.

All solid replies. Of course, I respect & appreciate law enforcement. I'm sure a lot of others do as well. I understand all sides & angles and understand what I decide to do & don't do effects others such as making sure wrongful acts don't go unsaid. I guess at the end of the day it's better to avoid conflict than cause conflict.

Such a change of subject, but my brother and I have been discussing insurance for self defense, anyone have any information? Has anyone pursued insurance?

I hope myself & others in this community never have to even think about drawing their firearm in self defense. But shit happens everyday. I mean that's why a lot of us decide to carry. However, I feel that if this were to ever occur part of me may wonder why I decided to carry in the first place.

A book could be written on the forensic science of glock pre-ban magazine inspection. There are obvious indicators and just enough "who knows" to make it a mystery to most people.

Any law officer who feels compelled to flex his/her "authoritay" while shooting along with fellow club members is an a-hole IMHO.

Tell him he's lucky he doesn't run into the wrong person while playing God on the range. If he's got a problem talk to a RSO or director.

Glock does NOT confirm/deny the provenance of their mags. This was told to me directly by no less than the Glock USA Counsel and their chief technician.

And the pictures that oftentimes posted as "gospel" are wrong. I've posted more info on this numerous times, all you have to do is search.

ETA: I misread the OP's msg, sorry.

Last edited:
So. Update, OP?

Are the cop's keys on the roof?

Should he avoid flushing his toilet?

Have you banged his wife yet?

Amongst all of these great replies that I appreciate & have given me a good laugh I would like to confirm that I have banged the cop’s wife and will still be shooting my large capacity magazine tomorrow.

Just hope he doesn't covet your gear and it goes missing. Yup. MA club, inside 128, on video.

That’s insane, how would someone especially a cop with some sort of common sense think this would be something they could get away with. I know several saugus cops, wonder what they would say

And lose you LTC, as carrying an allegedly banned mag will certainly make you unsuitable. The suitability boot hangs over all LTC holders.... except non-res, there is no suitability clause for a non-res LTC.

Back
Top Bottom