• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

high cap magazine

In almost 40 years of shooting I have never had a cop or anyone else comment on any of my guns or any of my magazines. Hi cap, low cap, single shot, whatever. If that actual happened at a range I'd find another range.
The only comment I make especially with odd or different is "that's cool tell me about it"

That sparks a conversation about the gun and maybe somethi g I have different then normal.

In that case, of an officer seizing legal property without charges, I’m suing. Even if they only thing I can afford is small claims court for the value of the mag itself and not for violating my rights.
Rock what you legally can. Only load ten if in mixed company. If you clik off 11 boonskies, act surprised and immediately complain about worn out mags and promise outloud to get new springs. Works!

In almost 40 years of shooting I have never had a cop or anyone else comment on any of my guns or any of my magazines. Hi cap, low cap, single shot, whatever. If that actual happened at a range I'd find another range.
Likewise, I've never had anyone question anything other than "is that an xxx" (particular gun) and perhaps they want to try it out.

I took a good friend to two clubs to see what he liked with the idea that he might join one of them. We're both shooting and he has new P-mags and I was wondering if anyone might come over and ask about them (there are just a couple of guys at one of the clubs that is a busybody), but nobody did. I was wondering if this happened how it would play out. The friend is a Fed and the mags are gov't issue.

I have seen new Brownells 20-rd AR mags in use when walking by some shooters on the range. I never said a word about it to them. Not my business to be the mag-police. When I teach (or post a response here) I try to educate people on what is legal, but I don't care what they do with that info, that's up to them.

Back
Top Bottom