Hey hams. DXCC - Here I come

Realtor MA

NES Life Member
NES Member
Woot. I just got my 100th confirmed country! It's time to apply for the DXCC award. I have about 140 countries worked but waiting on the confirmations.
I'm using Log of the world( LOTW).
I made the mistake of using eQSL for a while. those confirms are useless for any arrl awards so I"m not even counting those.
I wonder if I'll ever get close to the DXCC honor roll. I read about guys who have worked the radio 40 and 50 years and are still 15 countries shy of the honor roll.

Any of you NESers have DXCC?

Got mine a long time ago, got up to about 280, but had to move and took my tower down. Had an obvious advantage with the very uncrowded extra class freqs

Going to try it again the hard way, QRP 500 milliwatts, obviously CW at that power. Hope to achieve it before I am 90! [smile]

Got mine a long time ago, got up to about 280, but had to move and took my tower down. Had an obvious advantage with the very uncrowded extra class freqs

Going to try it again the hard way, QRP 500 milliwatts, obviously CW at that power. Hope to achieve it before I am 90! [smile]

280 is pretty darn good. Did you ever consider a run at the DXCC Honor Roll? You're about 60 obscure countries away.
I looked through my log the other day. I have a lot of countries that I haven't gotten QSL's for. Plus I made the mistake of playing with eQSL. I have about 40 confirms in there that are useless for the ARRL awards.
QRP for me is when I run barefoot. LOL.
What will you be using for an antenna?

I Think the most surprising one I got, was VR6TC - and he called me!!!!! I was in one of my rare ssb moods
For those not familiar, Tom Christian, descendent of Fletcher Christian from the mutiny on HMS Bounty, on Pitcairn Island.

Problem on my current home, elevation, about 50 feet below the road, but going to just use two dipoles, one oriented east-wet the other north-south - very little directionability on dipoles, but better than a mono with veritical polorization.

Sucks, but that is all I am able to do without putting up a tower, and that would have to be 50' just just to get to road level!!!

Back
Top Bottom