Hey guys, im looking for a set of 4-6 quality 2way

multi channel radios. Im thinking bao feng. The 8watt (supposedly) upgraded uv5 mk5 (gen 3)
Definitely check out B-TECH BaoFeng And BTECH Radios | Purchase, Learn More & Product Support

They are stateside (South Dakota) and when you buy from them, there's no issues with FCC type acceptance, etc. I bought one tri-bander 2/220/440 handheld from China before I knew about B-Tech and I guess I was lucky but many of the Baofeng, etc, radios that were/are shipped from China are basically a crap shoot. Mine worked but this was before B-Tech was around (or maybe I wasn't aware of them).

I bought another tribander (same bands) but this was from B-TECH and the quality was much better, I guess whatever factory they are buying them from in China are building them to B-Tech's specs, plus they have a pretty rigorous QA department for incoming radios. They cost a bit more per radio but it's not earthshaking and you know you're getting a decent radio for what they are and it won't be DOA.

Great thoughts and info thanks much!
Another point to consider...I've read some scuttlebutt that the "new" Baofengs made for amateur bands do not transmit outside the amateur bands due to the feces (aka FCC) shaking down Baofeng and other like companies like them. I am not sure this is true but this would be something I'd want to check out and make sure of before I plunk any $$$ down.

Back
Top Bottom