Hey, all you 1911 fan boys! Listen up! Yeah, you!

wolfrage

Dealer
NES Member
You were right. Pretty much about everything.

After playing with my new Colt 1911 Gov at the range yesterday, I'm pretty sure I'll rarely be bringing any other pistols aside from my 1911 and my BHP on future trips. Only change form stock I made was pachmayr grips with finger grooves (since i loved them so much on my BHP).

Even after playing with the new .357sig barrel I just got for my M&P40, I still went right back to that 1911.

Even if it is only a single stack ;)

Well, make sure you don't let it get dirty, or forget to oil it...then you'll be carrying a Glock, like the rest of us who took their 1911 outside on a muddy day. ;)

Well, make sure you don't let it get dirty, or forget to oil it...then you'll be carrying a Glock, like the rest of us who took their 1911 outside on a muddy day. ;)

Heh I'll never, ever, be carrying a glock again, actually :D Sold mine awhile back to go with a S&W M&P -- and I'll never go back. I far, prefer my M&P40 (with a .357sig barrel now) and my M&P45C (which my dad kaboomed on me, but I'll be replacing).

YMMV :D

It did. Over a few rainy, muddy days which were spent training in non-optimal conditions, and which culminated in watching both my and my friends' 1911s continue to fall apart under the strain. And having to actually take a break training because you have to clean your gun. And magazines. Multiple times.

Don't get me wrong, I love 1911s. Mine just stay in their case, where they belong. Sometimes I feel like I'm dirty and I can't wash it off...

Edit: just saying, whatever you carry, be sure you trust it. I've put a lot of thought into torture testing some of the older, "looser" 1911s to find that legendary reliability they apparently used to have - I do love the weapon.

Last edited:
Edit: just saying, whatever you carry, be sure you trust it. I've put a lot of thought into torture testing some of the older, "looser" 1911s to find that legendary reliability they apparently used to have - I do love the weapon.

I never said anything about carrying a 1911. I said bringing to the range.

My carry was generally my M&P45C until recently. Once i replace it, I will carry it again, without hesitation. Until then I switch between my M&P357 when I can cover it, or my PF-9 if I need something smaller.

My 1911 and BHP are range guns. They're fun. They're accurate. They're comfortable. They're a pleasure to shoot.

BTW, my YMMV was about me liking M&Ps over Glocks :p

Back
Top Bottom