• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Here's your chance!!!

Howie Carr on WRKO at his moment is talking about the pervert who is terrorizing Newton and he is talking about why people can't own guns. He doesn't understand how onerous the gun laws are here and how in Newton it's almost impossible..
call him 877-howiecarr

i sent an email...he should do a whole show on it...

We can get this issue front and center but we've got to be pro-active and this is a good place to start

I believe that Newton just doesn't issue "All Lawful Purposes". I think you can still get Sporting and Target, which will at least allow you to have firearms in the house.

Understood. There are always "what if's", and it is for all those reasons that I would not want to be limited to in home possesion. I'm sure the New Orleans example has been used a thousand times over, but without a Class A license, in a situation where you are forced to leave your home, it would be illegal to carry a weapon. Correct?

e_a_olson said:
Understood. There are always "what if's", and it is for all those reasons that I would not want to be limited to in home possesion. I'm sure the New Orleans example has been used a thousand times over, but without a Class A license, in a situation where you are forced to leave your home, it would be illegal to carry a weapon. Correct?

If you have a restricted A, or a B, then yes, it would be illegal to carry concealed from your home. It would also be illegal to carry it loaded from your home, even in a case.

Lynne, I wouldn't say that it is illegal. It just isn't recommended. On the license itself it doesn't say that it is a restriction- it says "Reason for Issuance."

If you talk to come Chiefs they'll admit that they don't even know what you can't do with a Sporting and Target that you can do with an ALP.

My issuing officer (with Sporting and Target ClassA) said that
1) most cops won't even look at the reason for issuance (yeah whatever)
2) that I could carry concealed as long as I could prove that it was related to sporting or target reasons.

So, it's not illegal, it's just a headache waiting to happen, which will probably end in losing your license by some arbitrary court that doesn't care to uphold our rights...

You're right SR - I stand corrected. However, unless my life was at stake, I don't think I'd want to be the test case. :D

Me neither- which is why I always carry my guns in a locked case in my trunk. Though I'm moving to a "green" town in October so Patrick and I will be reapplying to try to get ALPs.

If I get my ALP my first purchase will be a sexy little holster and a j frame. Or maybe a PPK... I haven't decided if I want a revolver or a semi-auto. But definitely something small.

SiameseRat said:
If I get my ALP my first purchase will be a sexy little holster and a j frame. Or maybe a PPK... I haven't decided if I want a revolver or a semi-auto. But definitely something small.

Repeat after me, "Stay away from the PPK, stay away from the PPK!"

Don't get me wrong, the PPK is a nice collector's gun, but there are better choices out there for a modern carry gun.

Cross-X said:
SiameseRat said:

Don't get me wrong, the PPK is a nice collector's gun, but there are better choices out there for a modern carry gun.

Oh, jeez, there goes CX's nose in the air again. Listen, SR, any time you want to try out a PPK, just let me know. I've got a stainless PPK in .380 that's totally reliable. (As long as you don't feed it CCI Blazers!) Any other type of ammo feeds perfectly. Very comfortable to shoot, double action, safe to carry with a round in the chamber.

I'll bring it to the Octoberfest and you can try it out then, OK?

Darius... I'll talk to you tonight!

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Cross-X said:
SiameseRat said:

Oh, jeez, there goes CX's nose in the air again. Listen, SR, any time you want to try out a PPK, just let me know. I've got a stainless PPK in .380 that's totally reliable. (As long as you don't feed it CCI Blazers!) Any other type of ammo feeds perfectly. Very comfortable to shoot, double action, safe to carry with a round in the chamber.

Ross

Allow me to translate what Ross just said.

What he meant was, "I have a really nice PPK for sale!"

:D

I use the piece in my Avatar for my carry piece... I love it!!

S&W Model #642 with laser grip

I would reccomend a snub nose S+W revolver for a small carry arm, I know they only carry 6 rounds, but that should be more than enough in the event you would actually need to use the sidearm, which is slim hopefully.

Cross-X said:
Allow me to translate what Ross just said.

What he meant was, "I have a really nice PPK for sale!"

Allow me to correct what Darius garbled:

I have a really nice PPK I'll let you try; it's NOT FOR SALE.

Sorry, Darius... when my Charter Arms gets sold to C-Pher this weekend, that's it. I don't have any more guns that I want to sell.

Ross

jacobtowne said:
Cross-X said:
By the way, .380s are for wimps, gang-bangers, and aging detectives.

Could be, but I've met very few people who say they'd be willing to take half a dozen Gold Dots from my P232. [shock]
JT

I have my PPK loaded with 7 Winchester Silver Tips. I sure wouldn't want to get shot with them!

Ross

jacobtowne said:
Cross-X said:

Could be, but I've met very few people who say they'd be willing to take half a dozen Gold Dots from my P232. [shock]
JT

Troubles with the .380 include lack of suitable penetration, lack of energy to the target, and the fact that there are other, more powerful rounds that will fit in a gun similar in size to the .380.

One should carry as much caliber as one can conceal properly and shoot accurately.

For my personal protection and concealed carry students, the minimum caliber I recommend is either .38 Special or 9 mm.

dwarven1 said:
jacobtowne said:
Cross-X said:

JT

I have my PPK loaded with 7 Winchester Silver Tips. I sure wouldn't want to get shot with them!

Ross

Hey, I don't know about you, but I don't wouldn't want to get shot by ANY bullet.

"For my personal protection and concealed carry students, the minimum caliber I recommend is either .38 Special or 9 mm."

But I do carry a 9mm. It's just a little shorter than yours. :D
JT

Cross-X said:

Oh really???? Darius...for you information, I used to shoot nickel to quarter sized holes at 21 feet with my PPK. And that was point and shoot double taps.

Kiss my cartridges luv.
[wink]

Lynne said:
Cross-X said:

Oh really???? Darius...for you information, I used to shoot nickel to quarter sized holes at 21 feet with my PPK. And that was point and shoot double taps.

Kiss my cartridges luv.
[wink]

I ain't talking about small groups, hon, I am talking about stopping power!

Lynne said:
Cross-X said:

Kiss my cartridges luv.
[wink]

I can make that same sized grouping with my S&W Model 17 at 50 feet. Doesn't mean I'm gonna stake my life on a .22LR...

;)

(And before y'all jump on me I've got a Mak .380 that was my primary carry gun for years...)

Wow, I make one comment and the board explodes!! Such power...

Anyway, CX the PPK was my 2nd choice. Well, a j-frame is my first choice, the PPK is in my group of 2nd choices for small carry guns. In that group are Seecamps, Kel-tecs and PPKs. Though my friend's Keltec broke when he cleaned it and I'd have to live in another state to have it, so make that Seecamps and PPKs.

I don't know how people carry Glocks and 1911s. I want something small.
And I don't care if that makes me a wimp, a gang-banger OR an aging detective because in the end, rule #1 of any gun fight is: Have a gun!

Back
Top Bottom