• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Here are the 16 Republican senators who voted for cloture.

For a long time some of you Red State folks have been rubbing it in our faces here in Mass. Looks like the chickens are coming home to roost. When are people going to realize that these "traitors" weren't on our side to begin with, that politicians are on their own side and that the GOP is not the friend of gun owners anymore than any other party. Why? It's all about the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a long time some of you Red State folks have been rubbing it in our faces here in Mass. Looks like the chickens are coming home to roost. When are people going to realize that these "traitors" weren't on our side to begin with, that politicians are on their own side and that the GOP is not the friend of gun owners anymore than any other party. Why? It's all about the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While this holds a lot of truth, it could still be a means to get the damned thing onto the floor to die, or at least fight a number of D's through the back door with the 2014 elections in mind.

it is absolutely hilarious to say that Republicans are out to get the 2nd amendment the same as the Democrats.

if that was true the day after Sandy Hook an AWB, mag limit, background checks, etc would have passed.but keep believing that crap.

You people need to read up on procedure. Cloture is good-it forces a vote. They voted to see the bill. Remember, one of the authors of the bill stated they will not vote for it.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

This bill should NEVER see the floor, period.

Enough of the they only voted for cloture, these are the times, where once a bill hits the floor, the fur will fly.

They either stand for individual rights, or they do not

I have already been in contact with Ayottes office and will continue to do so throughout this procedure

You people need to read up on procedure. Cloture is good-it forces a vote. They voted to see the bill. Remember, one of the authors of the bill stated they will not vote for it.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

Cloture was also the genesis of Obamacare...let the arm twisting and blackmailing begin.

I understand the procedure, what I don't understand is the profitability in allowing this bill to move forward. Nearly every amendment will have sufficient D votes to pass as will the bill.

Can you explain to me the good that will come from allowing this bill to pass the Senate? Elections are a year and a half away, this will be nearly 100% forgotten by then, and that's only for D senators who are up for election in this particular cycle. The rest are 2 or 4 years longer than that.

The bill may or may not die in the House; you wanna bet your rights on that?

I don't get it.

Republicans from Missouri, Arizona and Nevada?

We're doomed.

Nevada is fast becoming California east while Arizona is becoming mexico north, and Missouri has become Chicago SW down there in St. Louis.

The surprises were Tennessee and South Carolina.

Lindsay graham has officially been put on my anti list. He used to talk like he was pro2a now this and he also posted on Facebook this morning that he supports the bill!? Wtf!?

Nevada is fast becoming California east while Arizona is becoming mexico north, and Missouri has become Chicago SW down there in St. Louis.

The surprises were Tennessee and South Carolina.

Really? Missouri went to Romney by nearly 10% and is controlled mostly by R's.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand the procedure, what I don't understand is the profitability in allowing this bill to move forward. Nearly every amendment will have sufficient D votes to pass as will the bill.

Can you explain to me the good that will come from allowing this bill to pass the Senate? Elections are a year and a half away, this will be nearly 100% forgotten by then, and that's only for D senators who are up for election in this particular cycle. The rest are 2 or 4 years longer than that.

The bill may or may not die in the House; you wanna bet your rights on that?

I don't get it.

It still needs 60 to end debate. There is a LONG way to go. relax and stop being so pessimistic.

Did anybody ever think that this might be strategic for the Republicans? It could be to force Dems in gun friendly districts to put their vote on record? If those Dems vote for the bill, it could cost them an election later.

Well folks if there was ever a time for a viable 3rd party..That time is NOW...We no longer should support any republican (RINO) or "lesser of the two Evil's".The proof is in front of your eyes. If they don't stand firm for everything we hold dear, Liberty,Freedom, Our Constitution, And Our Bill Of Rights..Then they do not hold our best interest's in mind.
There is a process for everything, Even to change in OUR Bill Of Rights and OUR Constitution,It is called an Amendment!, it is not called "pass more Commonsense Reform", For they lack the very commonsense in which they seek! They are only helping to fracture our very rights. Shame on Them All..

this means it is now open for amendments, the mag cap and outright assault weapon ban will be attached.

dark day indeed.

i hope they do attach those to the bill. i really hope they do.

I am ready to move on your side of the boarder,and and lets secede again.
images

this means it is now open for amendments, the mag cap and outright assault weapon ban will be attached.

dark day indeed.

If they had the votes, it would be ib the current bill. Neither of those are getting 50 votes, never mind clearing a filibuster

Well folks if there was ever a time for a viable 3rd party..That time is NOW...We no longer should support any republican (RINO) or "lesser of the two Evil's".The proof is in front of your eyes. If they don't stand firm for everything we hold dear, Liberty,Freedom, Our Constitution, And Our Bill Of Rights..Then they do not hold our best interest's in mind.
There is a process for everything, Even to change in OUR Bill Of Rights and OUR Constitution,It is called an Amendment!, it is not called "pass more Commonsense Reform", For they lack the very commonsense in which they seek! They are only helping to fracture our very rights. Shame on Them All..

Maybe you should wait until there are votes on bills or amendments. Nothing has passed or is closer to passing.

Back
Top Bottom