Help

kurtb

NES Member
I was shooting today and have an issue with hitting my target. With my Walther P99, I can put all rounds in the black with no issue at all (9mm). When I switch over to my Walther PPS (also 9mm) all of my shots are consistantly low. I switch back and forth between the two and the issue persists. Of course, there is more recoil felt on the PPS, but not so much more that it would screw up my shots so much more than with the full size P99.

The only thing I can think to blame this on (besides my being a sucky shot) is that the P99 has a anti-stress trigger which is really sweet, and the PPS has that crappy trigger that feels like its a thousand pounds. Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited:
I was shooting today and have an issue with hitting my target. With my Walther P99, I can put all rounds in the black with no issue at all (9mm). When I switch over to my Walther PPS (also 9mm) all of my shots are consistantly low. I switch back and forth between the two and the issue persists. Of course, there is more recoil felt on the PPS, but not so much more that it would screw up my shots so much more than with the full size
P99.

The only thing I can think to blame this on (besides my being a sucky shot) is that the P99 has a anti-stress trigger which is really sweet, and the PPS has that crappy trigger that feels like its a thousand pounds. Any ideas? Thanks!

You anywhere near Haverhill? I could show you.

A real heavy trigger can cause you to torque the gun at the last moment. You might not even realize your doing it. Usually it results in shots hitting to the left but it sounds like your struggling to get off the shot which can result in a lower hit.

The simplest way to cure it is a trigger job.

kutb - I shoot consistently low with my pps as well; I may look into what fred sugested and see if it is the front sight. I shoot fine with my 92fs.

Walt

It could be the trigger. It could be the front sight or it could be that you are trying to control the extra recoil and pulling it down or a combination of the above.
I would check the sights out and get a trigger job for that PPS.

It could be the trigger. It could be the front sight or it could be that you are trying to control the extra recoil and pulling it down or a combination of the above.
I would check the sights out and get a trigger job for that PPS.

Thanks - anyone here had the trigger job done on the PPS? Who did it so I can go to them?

thx

replace the disconnector.

See this post from this thread. Read it through before you decide to do it yourself. I heard it's a pain.

Yeah - I think I will get somebody else to do it. I just want to be able to shoot this damn thing as well as the P99. Mind you, this was only 20 yards...I pulled in the target to 15 and still was shooting the bottom of the target. Not shooting off to the left - just low. Makes me think the sights are messed up - but again, I could be doing something because of the trigger. Of course, with the AS on the P99 - it is a real light half type of pull - barely anything at all. With the PPS, it is the same all the time - like it would be in DA. Aggrevating!! [angry]

I have a PPS and I was experiencing similar problems. It consistently shot low and to the left. I changed the front sight to the #2 sight and did a half turn counter clockwise on the rear sight and that seems to have fixed the problem.

I was shooting today and have an issue with hitting my target. With my Walther P99, I can put all rounds in the black with no issue at all (9mm). When I switch over to my Walther PPS (also 9mm) all of my shots are consistantly low. I switch back and forth between the two and the issue persists. Of course, there is more recoil felt on the PPS, but not so much more that it would screw up my shots so much more than with the full size P99.

If the group sizes are consistent with both guns then you may need an adjustment of the sights on the PPS. If the groups are erratic with the PPS then you have trigger control issue.

Did someone else try the PPS besides you? If so, how they did? Remember that no 2 guns are the same or shot the same. Before do anything on it, I would let someone else to try it. Normally the issue it is not the weapon, it is us. I shot all my weapons with the same accuracy, but I have to aim complete different on each of them as well as hold the gun a little different as well.

Did someone else try the PPS besides you? If so, how they did? Remember that no 2 guns are the same or shot the same. Before do anything on it, I would let someone else to try it. Normally the issue it is not the weapon, it is us. I shot all my weapons with the same accuracy, but I have to aim complete different on each of them as well as hold the gun a little different as well.

Nope - The only other person with me is worse shot than me. So, that measure may have made things even more confusing. Of course it is possible that she would have shot the PPS and got everything in the center black - then I would know that the sights were screwed up[smile]

Back
Top Bottom